Sign in to follow this  
GaroweGal

Knaan waving our beautiful flag

What a sight, I have witnessed watching the world cup pre-ceremonoy. Knaan bless his heart and soul came on stage with our beautiful flag he waved it high up in the air with soooo much pride, I nearly burst in tears! Never in my 19 years of existence have I witnessed anything remotely close to such a scene.

It was not the so called Puntland, Somaliland nor was it OG ADEENIA flag. Rather the one flag that has been recognised by all our forefathers.The one flag that has been present before my arrival in this world and will continue to be present with the will of All-Mighty, Insha'Allah.

I am still dazzed in an emotional state. To see our flag soaring high was a symbol of hope that though crippled we are not dead. I pray for the recovery of the disarray crippling our mother country.

Oh and I would like to make a shout out to the tall light coloured Somali brother at the front row , waving our flag so high. You made me PROUD as a SOMALI

Thierry.   

It was emotional, and as a consequence I have removed one of my two Union Jack flags from my car and replaced it with the beautiful White and Blue.

Thierry.   

I don’t know saxiib perhaps its patriotism, remembering how I swore to protect the Queen the day I got my citizenship.

For sure Africans and England have my support in this world cup.

I have to admit seeing K'naan on national TV waving the flag braught to tears to my ears.

he made the crowd go wild.

And anyone see the Somali guy waving the flag in the crowd, could it have have been our very own uncle Bob.

N.O.R.F   

^Might have been fufu or A&T. Does anyone have a still? :D

Somali expat K'Naan, who now lives in Canada, brought down the house with his “Wavin' Flag,” which many had hoped would become the tournament's official anthem.

LA Times

BOB   

Originally posted by Resistance:

I have to admit seeing K'naan on national TV waving the flag braught to tears to my ears.

And anyone see the Somali guy waving the flag in the crowd, could it have have been our very own uncle Bob.

As much as I would've loved to be there..the Guy(s) who were waving the flag was not me but a dear friends of mine who happened to be K'naan's guests and one of them was actually on the phone talking to me as the camera caught them briefly because I've asked him to let me know when K'naan was about to perform...marka it was not me. smile.gif

South Africans love him to bits and they see him as one of their own and I always tell them that kuwo SOL joogo won't ALLOW you to claim him as one of yours. :D

now go on and WAVE YOUR FLAG.

Somalia-Flag.png

Peace, Love & Unity.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Resistance:

I have to admit seeing K'naan on national TV waving the flag braught to tears to my
ears

You didn't like the song then? :D:D:D

Boy how i wish i could carry the flag but at least today at least i have the bragging right at work today, my Flag was there no sign of the St.Georges,

I am currently watching the ceremony, I am embarrassed to be an African, oh my lord what has a cockroach got to do with the world game??? what are the white- south africans trying to say? africa is infested with cockroaches?? akhaas ufeey. The whole ceremony so far is so primitive with their zulu dancing.

Perhaps, Africa should have waited atleast 20 years before thinking of hosting an event as huge as the world soccer cup. The seats are empty, ofcourse the poor south africans cant afford a ticket. Yes, its true, poverty in Africa is so rampant.

I am watching this pathetic ceremony to see Knaan wave my flag.

I spotted Naomi campbell in the crowd, she should have donated to South Africa. I would if I was her.

NGONGE   

^^ It is not full. :D

GG, I understand the tickets for the opening cermoney are different from those for the games. The stadium might yet fill up. And anyway, when was the last tournment that had a great opening cermoney?