Sign in to follow this  
Pebbles

A letter from a white female

NinBrown   

Salama Calaykum

Here i have to agree with sister Ameenah...we r first and foremost muslims and our identity comes from being a muslim. Islam gives equal rights to all, rich and poor, noble and ignoble. The basic principle on which people are differentiated in Islam is mentioned in the Holy Qur’aan, in Soorat al-Hujuraat (interpretation of the meaning):

“O mankind! We have created you from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another. Verily, the most honourable of you with Allaah is that (believer) who has al-taqwa [i.e., is one of the muttaqoon or pious]. Verily, Allaah is All-Knowing, All-Aware”

And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “O people! Verily your Lord is One and your father [Adam] is one. An Arab is no better than a non-Arab, and a non-Arab is no better than an Arab; a red man is no better than a black man and a black man is no better than a red man – except if it is in terms of taqwa (piety)…” (Reported by Imaam Ahmad, 22391; al-Silsilat al-Saheeh, 2700).

So articles such as the above have no place in Islam. Thats my two cents..

HONEY-D   

We shouldnt be caught in the middle we're somali period.

Friend of mine sent me a very interesting story about 2balck men and a white woman its very interesting read it if you already havent.

Black Robbers

On a recent weekend in Atlantic City, a woman won a bucketful of quarters at a slot machine. She took a break from the slots for dinner with her husband in the hotel dining room. But first she wanted to stash the quarters in her room. "I'll be right back and we'll go to eat," she told her husband and carried the coin-laden bucket to the elevator. As she was about to walk into the elevator she noticed two men already aboard. Both were black. One of them was tall...very tall...an intimidating figure. The woman froze. Her first thought was: These two are going to rob me. Her next thought was: Don't be a bigot, they look like perfectly nice gentlemen. But racial stereotypes are powerful, and fear immobilized her. She stood and stared at the two men. She felt anxious, flustered and ashamed. She hoped they didn't read her mind but Gosh, they had to know what she was thinking!!! Her hesitation about joining them in the elevator was all too obvious now. Her face was flushed. She couldn't just stand there, so with a mighty effort of will she picked up one foot and stepped forward and followed with the other foot and was on the elevator. Avoiding eye contact, she turned around stiffly and faced the elevator doors as they closed. A second passed, and the another second, and then another. Her fear increased! The elevator didn't move. Panic consumed her. My God, she thought, I'm trapped and about to be robbed! Her heart plummeted. Perspiration poured from every pore. Then one of the men said, "Hit the floor." Instinct told her to do what they told her. The bucket of quarters flew upwards as she threw out her arms and collapsed on the elevator floor. A shower of coins rained down on her. Take my money and spare me, she prayed. More seconds passed. She heard one of the men say politely, "Ma'am, if you'll just tell us what floor you're going to, we 'll push the button." The one who said it had a little trouble getting the words out. He was trying mightily to hold in a belly laugh. The woman lifted her head and looked up at the two men. They reached down to help her up. Confused, she struggled to her feet. "When I told my friend here to hit the floor," said the average sized one, "I meant that he should hit the elevator button for our floor. I didn't mean for you to hit the floor, ma'am." He spoke genially. He bit his lip. It was obvious he was having a hard time not laughing. The woman thought: My God, what a spectacle I've made of myself. She was humiliated to speak. She wanted to blurt out an apology, but words failed her. How do you apologize to two perfectly respectable gentlemen for behaving as though they were going to rob you? She didn't know what to say. The three of them gathered up the strewn quarters and refilled her bucket. When the elevator arrived at her floor they then insisted on walking her to her room. She seemed a little unsteady on her feet, and they were afraid she might not make it down the corridor. At her door they bid her a good evening. As she slipped into her room she could hear them roaring with laughter as they walked back to the elevator. The woman brushed herself off. She pulled herself together and went downstairs for dinner with her husband.

The next morning flowers were delivered to her room - a dozen roses. Attached to EACH rose was a crisp one hundred dollar bill.

The card said: "Thanks for the best laugh we've had in years." It was signed; Eddie Murphy Michael Jordan

HONEY-D   

bee

LooooL @ ^^...poor woman!

The next morning flowers were delivered to her room - a dozen roses. Attached to EACH rose was a crisp one hundred dollar bill.

Is not everyday you get paid for streotyping people if you ask me she's lucky B**ch excuse my french. :D

Hijabified Sista

i'm glad you found it funny. :D

ScarFace   

poor White girls are easy (you know the ones). They seem to be attracted to the black man whether he be ugly or not. I think sex is a major factor in this attraction and also the "exotic" experience. In my opinion the white girl is more interested in the body and how it can satisfy her, rather than the black mans brain and how it can stimulate her. I think the majority of these girls fall in lust of the black man rather than in love with the black man. And before you know it she is claiming benefits and pushing her mixed race baby up and down the high street, with no black man in sight.

P.S

I ONCE heard How SOMALI WOMEN are cheAp and clean!!!!coz they be marrying white men and black men..... SO **** THIS WHITE / BLACK THING ITS ALL racially motivated bullshiid.....

SOMALI WOMEN SHUD BE CAREFULL NOT TO GET MIXED up with white/black men coz now a days der is a lot of them things happening.

Macalin   

dat article made my day...i loved it...but still these whites b****** take a lot of our good men...4 real.----------------

^^^HUH?

Qac Qaac   

no connection us and this article as some of my nonad said already.

our names are, ahmed, fadumo, cali, farxiyo, hibo, abdi and so on... not chris, jermain, mike, james... ok

they christians, we muslims

they afro americans, think, they are better than africans.

they afro americans marry white, woman, coz it is psychological thing, they seen 300 yrs of slavery, and the masters wife was always white women who could they never touch, so now they still have that picture and wanna touch it.

this article is only hate thing, racism, both of the ppl. muslim first, if an Irish guy becomes muslim, and non afro american guy is not a muslim, i would defend the irish guy over the afro american guy, sorry i am MUSLIM FIRST.

king_450   

Atleat not at most , this was a great article but does it say anything about US"Somalis", perhaps yes if you have become one of them or not if you still insist in being a true Somali.Those of us who have been raised in western society we know what this White Women is talking about, she is saying and sending hidden Racist remarks , that most of you can't comprehend. Reality is even if you are married to other race, you must feel some of their hatred in one way or another, either by saying sarcastic worrds to you, not through you or say straight forward. Yes there are some African American Men who have choosen to marry WHite females, just as a trophy or sympol of success, i guess,but in reality if they have to do all over again they will have choosen thier own race.This white female said , learn from us how to treat Black men. I wonder if she talking to the men, rather then to the Black women?.

Pebbles   

salam,

sorry couldn't respond much earlier than this, but my holidays just started... Most of you stated that it doesn't concern us nomads... Here is my question to you, as a farax do u not date a non-xalimo? Ergo, this article pretty much concerns you, yes its obvious you are not African American, but you are a black man dating other race...Even though I consider myself an enlightened and tolerant sister who has viewed cross dating as optional, it still does bother me to see not just Somali men but black men in general being exclusively linked with women that aren't black...I could tell you right now that the whole black men-white women unions is still the dilemma du jour for many sisters. Quiet as it's kept, there is an undercurrent of paranoia about rising interracial relationships and specially when those men are the only few good Somali men that we have. When I send the article, I didn't think ya'll would literally read the letter and take it as it is, but I just thought you'll reflect on it, and relate to how it concerns us Somalis. Its not being prejudice to wish your men would end up with your race,we are not raising our future generations for other cultures...Well unless that person is a no good farax, whose only source of income is ceer, and he is only concerned about " marduf kiisa jaadka intuu ka iman dona", in that case we would love it if he dates any sister that ain't a xalimo.. Anywho, I know for a fact it will wound me deeply, to see my brothers whom I have worked so hard to shape them into being a man any xalimo would be proud of to call hers, end up with a indo-paki or any other race, that isn’t a xalimo... indeed we all have our flaws, but in my view there is no man who would be an ideal man for a xalimo other than her farax. When I have read this article thats the first thing that came to my mind, how I would feel disappointed, and when I read the response of the brother, I just imagined it being a mali brother's view, which really made my day...I should have known better than to think some of you would put a use to that imagination of urs ;):D