Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Who are Kenya’s most beautiful women and handsome men?

Recently, Nation Media Group editor Charles Onyango-Obbo posted a tongue-in-cheek list on his Facebook page ranking what he considered the most beautiful African women and “handsomest” African men, as he put it.

Onyango-Obbo excluded women and men from his own native Uganda. But he also didn’t include Kenyans. However, in a lively debate, quite a few Kenyans pitched in, saying Kenya belonged firmly in the top rankings of African beauty.

So here is a shortened list of the top 6 African countries with the most beautiful women and handsome men. William Odoyo Makora, responded with his own list of the most beautiful Kenyan women and handsome men. What do you think of Makora’s Kenyan rankings?

•FIRST, to Makora’s list and argument:

I agree that Somali girls are cute, except for the harsh climatic conditions they are facing [which doesn’t allow their true beauty to stand out]. However, I wish to supplement [Onyango-Obbo’s] African lists with sincere Kenyan lists as below:

MOST BEAUTIFUL KENYAN WOMEN

1. Kikuyus

2. Taitas

3. Somalis

4. Pokomos

5. Kambas

6. Swahilis

MOST HANDSOME KENYAN MEN

1. Kikuyus

2. Kalenjins

3. Somalis/Swahilis

4. Taitas

5. Luhyas

6. Luos

This is as provided to me by 29 men and 33 women drawn from variety of ethnic groupings in Kenya.

•SECOND, Onyango-Obbo’s original list:

MOST BEAUTIFUL AFRICAN WOMEN

1. Malians

2. Ethiopians

3. Angolans

4. Tanzanians

5. Rwandans

6. Somalis

MOST HANDSOME AFRICAN MEN

1. Senegalese

2. Cameroonians

3. Mozambicans

4. Rwandans

5. Egyptians

6. Burundians

•Write in with your own Kenya beauty league, if you don’t agree with Makora’s. No ethnic insults and abusive language permitted.

Abtigiis   

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

MOST HANDSOME AFRICAN MEN

1. Senegalese

2. Cameroonians

3. Mozambicans

4. Rwandans

5. Egyptians

6. Burundians

Waan garanayey in Jacaylbaro dhegahiisa dhaadheer iyo Mr. Somalia lugaha qalqalooca ay dhibcaha naga goosanayaa. So, Faarax's are not here. Horta runta haddii la sheego the young generation Faarax's are handsome. Inteeni hore, wax baa si inaga ah. Xitaa wajigu haduu fiican yahay, swagger'ka ayaa inala hadhay.

Laakin waa Alxamdu lilaah, mar hadaynaan Camerounians isku liss ku jirin. :D

Gabdhaha Somalidu kuwii hore iyo kuwii danbaba way marayaan. Maashaa-Alaah. Bantuu'ga niyada isku dhisaya ee Kenya ayaan ka yaabay.

Abtigiis   

I know Nutrition is the key. Dadkii wuu sii qurxoonanayaa. Laakiin ninka gafuurka weyn gabadha hor taagan soo ma geesisana. Ilaahay baa baday. Waa kuway odhan jireen,

Ilaahii ku abuuray eed ma lehee

Indihii ku arkaa ayaan daran

Kulmiye   

"1. Malians

2. Ethiopians

3. Angolans

4. Tanzanians

5. Rwandans

6. Somalis "

Why are the Somalis in the bottom? Somalis and Ethiopians are equally beautiful- and should have been respectfully be on the top together. No?

Very subjective topic, to each its own...

Whatever happened to as long as he/she is healthy, content and fearing ilahey... B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L... very archaic miya?

*shaking my head* LOL

Kulmiye   

You know what? each of us has its own way of defining beauty- therefore he has every right to his own list, in other words I blame the person who posted in here. I mean who gives a rat if Bush thinks you're cute- its all matter of what you think of yourself, and we highly admire our men and women because of their spiritual as well as physical beauty.