Sign in to follow this  
Yoonis_Cadue

Dubai International Holy Quraan Award 1426/2005

Yes folks can you believe it how fast the year has passed we're now only 2 months away from the blessed month of Ramadan inshallah.

It is a time of fasting,prayers(qiyaam) and dua and it is also time for the renowned most prestigous Quraan Award in the whole universe.

What are our predictions for this year as we finished last year fourth and we've been also winners in the Year of 2000 with Abdulaziz Abdullah Adam who has made us so proud that year and the year before we also finished fourth.

I hope that we can actually pull it off this year and win it inshallah but we've got stiff opostition (friendly ofcourse) with the likes of the libyans, egyptians and saudis but my question is does anyone know someone who will be taking part in the Quran Award to represent our beloved Somalia if you know someone who will be taking part let me know others who also want to contribute are also welcome to participate...

Sixtyfive countries and Islamic communities have so far now confirmed their participation in the Dubai International Holy Quran Award (Dihqa) to be held during the holy month of Ramadan.

The Award's Organising Committee headed by Ibrahim Bu Melha discussed in a meeting the necessary preparations for the activities of the Award's ninth session this year. The Committee will also announce the name of the winner of the Award's Islamic Personality of the Year after taking the approval of the founder of the Award, General Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and UAE Defence Minister.

The committee also reviewed the nominees of the UAE for the award from among the winners of the local competition "The National Memoriser" that was concluded recently.

The committee will announce the name of the UAE contestant who will represent the country in the Dihqa at its next meeting. A quality development will be carried out on the Award's shield. Exhibitions will be held with the aim to inform the public on the story of success of the Award during the past eight years. The Award's Media Unit is communicating with a number of local departments, shopping malls and hospitals where it would organise exhibitions that can be easily moved from one place to another according to the convenience of the party that will host them.

Qac Qaac   

i didn't even know this goes on.. but u should talk to the madina students that currently studying religion there, they should be able to have some somali ppl that should take part in that prestigious competition.

We have done it this year again after we've won in the year of 2000 with 18_adam.jpg 5 years later we're at it again.

Congratulations to the Somali boy who's was representing Kenya , anyhow really made me proud to be a Somali.