Sign in to follow this  
- Femme -

How to handle email from Islamphobic professor

N.O.R.F   

1) Print all emails 100 times

2) Throw them around the college/uni/library

3) Put some in the Dean’s mail

4) Place them everywhere on campus

The email will her name on it for all to see. Then make a huge noise with all the other oganisations (stop the war etc)

Miriam1   

^ lol not a bad idea. Aslong as the girl remains unknown. Also if she decides not to be quite, she should head to the student coucil for the whole school and get advice from them. They should have an exective that deals with matters of equity. Or head to the obdmusan office and seek advice, without mention the prof's name so you can judge their reaction first.

I had to take a prof of mine this semester to the dean of our faculty for a very academic reason, but everyone I spoke to seemed to know who he was, just because he was teaching for a long time and I found it very difficult to get advice without an advisor/prof/faculty staff telling me how a good prof he was!

NGONGE   

Can't they just reply to the e-mail and tell her that this 'son' of hers is not telling the whole truth?

Anyway, what is the purpose of these e-mails (or, rather, under what pretences is she sending them)?

Before one jumps the gun and advices you to complain, protest or arrange for a petition to be signed, we need to know the actual background of this story.

Johnny B   

Can't she and all those who disagree with that professor pen down what they think of her son's stance ?

i'm more willing to think that she'd enjoy that, more than an un-substantiated protest, or a meek silence of " you've stepped on my religious feet ".

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Can't they just reply to the e-mail and tell her that this 'son' of hers is not telling the whole truth?

Sure they can but it can't 'just' be a reply; there will be consequences.

I'm assuming they saw enough to upset them.