Sign in to follow this  
Ms DD

US anti-kidnapping expert kidnapped

Ms DD   

This is not funny but I found the headline ironic.

MEXICO CITY- A U.S. anti-kidnapping expert was abducted by gunmen in northern Mexico last week, a sign of just how bold this nation's kidnapping gangs have become.

U.S. security consultant Felix Batista was in Saltillo in Coahuila state to offer advice on how to confront abductions for ransom when he was snatched by unknown assailants on Dec. 10, said Charlie LeBlanc, the president of the Houston, Texas-based security firm ASI Global LLC., where Batista is a consultant.

source

Someone i know works for a company that designs network protection against viruses, spy-ware etc. that could effect the entire computer system of a major company.

When they visit potential clients the clients often say "we dont need custom designed anti-virus software, we have (insert retail anti-virus software system) and it works fine.

My friends husband then tells them "Oh yeah, in the email we sent you to confirm the meeting we attached an encrypted (but dormant) virus that wr could flip a switch on an crash your system. So maybe you need us more than you think.

Sometimes you have to be your own example to sell the service.