Sign in to follow this  
Valenteenah.

Feminism, ideas, recipes, family values?

^^^^^

well first off homie i know you were not referring to me on your last statement. so i guess that will put you at fault for assumption.

as far as i know SOL is a public forum where people exchange their ideas on the topics laid for discussion for which one can either agree or disagree with other posters points of view, so i guess i dont understand the point of your criticizing my agreeing or disagreeing!!

and you are dead wrong to "assume" again that i would engage into an argument and "attempt" to change your mangled up views on how to treat women, which by the way make as much sense as a one legged man playing for the Brazilian National Soccer team . i was only voicing my observations, thats all... Pimp.

underdog   

Saa meelaha uwareegeese sidi mas madaxa lagudhuftey aa afaaraheega kusoo dhacdey. War-jeceelkaada, war aan adiga laguu wadin aa isku dhigtay.

My mangled views are just that. "Mine". You go do what you do, my abusive feminist girlfriend wants you to get off my radar.

You whine just as much as the other critics

lol   

^^^ Could do with lesser aggression ;)

Amethyst: I hope I spelt your nick right... let me enlighten u a bit...

Haya plays a huge role in the lives of Muslims because it is a very important part of our eeman (faith/belief). If we do not have any form of haya in us then it is most likely that our eeman is very weak. For as it states in the following hadith:

Narrated by Abu Huraira (ra): The Prophet said, "Faith (Belief) consists of more than sixty branches (i.e. parts). And Haya (This term "Haya" covers a large number of concepts which are to be taken together; amongst them are self respect, modesty, bashfulness, and scruple, etc.) is a part of faith." (Bukhari)

Sista as a Muslim.. u should have haya, and haya means... shyness in arabic. So we can't be abhoring the cultures and values of the feminists. Wat the western feminists are striving for .. is something that we take for granted coz we have been given as natural rights in our Quran. Therefore we should be shy. Women issues should remain within the females. And that is not retrogression rather it brings us respect and appreciation.

I hope u now understand why we need our own forum.

Goood-Credit The Pink meat in ur recipe is POrk Sxb..and the Illustrated Recipe you showed is a Fried Rice with Pork and Eggs..Also known as Nasi Grong.... What you could do is paste the pics of the Malaysian Version of Nasi Grong...It has beef or chicken

LoooL...@ chicks Yellin revolution..Yet can not agree amongst themselves...hehehe..Pure Comics!!!

Cheers

Hibo, with all due respect sista, that was a light hearted comment. But because I’m spirited, I’ll “enlighten†you.

Feminism is a broad term that is an umbrella for what generally is a woman’s movement to better their status in a patriarchal society. Yes, I want women to be equal with men – Equal but different. This old adage of women being given their rights in Islam way before the rest of the world is tedious to say the least, for the simple reason these rights are not guaranteed nor given in the Muslim world. Muslim women in this day and age are denied their rights more than ever - rights in marriage, jobs, freedom of choice, expression and so on and so forth. We can start a whole topic on this if you so please.

To come to your 2nd point. I totally disagree that we have to have a women’s only accessible section. I’m already a member of a Muslim sisters only forum, and their topics are nothing short of purring about how difficult their lives are or dysfunctional their spouses and families. Why any1 would write their personal problems online to seek the advice of complete strangers – I don’t know. I can understand it’s a little comforting to talk to like minded, supposedly caring people but is this the sort of thing you were referring to? Maybe if you could highlight what topics you would consider in such a women’s only forum that cant be discussed here, I’ll sway your way . I cant think of anything I could discuss there, I cant here.

And lastly, don’t take that pious tone with me. It rather comes across as a last resort to drive what clearly isn’t the subject. This isn’t even an issue of “shynessâ€. *Issues* and *problems* aren’t private subjects. They are to be discussed objectively, communicated and benefited from by all and sundry. And I for one think men should know!

Pujah   

Wow how did I miss this one....I guess i should thank our sister that voiced their opinion and demanded action...specially Phanta for starting the thread.

recipes puhlease that would have set us back a couple of centuries....anywayz am glad that it got changed before i had to witness such things :D

Originally posted by Hibo:

^^^ Could do with lesser aggression
;)

Amethyst: I hope I spelt your nick right... let me enlighten u a bit...

Haya plays a huge role in the lives of Muslims because it is a very important part of our eeman (faith/belief). If we do not have any form of haya in us then it is most likely that our eeman is very weak. For as it states in the following hadith:

Narrated by Abu Huraira (ra): The Prophet said, "Faith (Belief) consists of more than sixty branches (i.e. parts). And Haya (This term "Haya" covers a large number of concepts which are to be taken together; amongst them are self respect, modesty, bashfulness, and scruple, etc.) is a part of faith." (Bukhari)

Sista as a Muslim.. u should have haya, and haya means... shyness in arabic. So we can't be abhoring the cultures and values of the feminists. Wat the western feminists are striving for .. is something that we take for granted coz we have been given as natural rights in our Quran. Therefore we should be shy. Women issues should remain within the females. And that is not retrogression rather it brings us respect and appreciation.

I hope u now understand why we need our own forum.

U dropped a gem right there Hibo, i see some of you ladies and fellaz taking this feminism to the extreme. i believe no one should be intimidated by being dominated by the opposite sex if they are secure enough with themselves. ppl who think are somewhat weak and fear being overpowered in a relationship are the only ones who whine about women or men not acting right.

besides, it shouldnt matter what other girls thinks of men, what matters is what Yo wife thinks of you as a man and how she understands the different roles of men and women and how she is abiding by them.

Originally posted by Legend of Zu:

Goood-Credit The Pink meat in ur recipe is POrk Sxb..and the Illustrated Recipe you showed is a Fried Rice with Pork and Eggs..Also known as Nasi Grong.... What you could do is paste the pics of the Malaysian Version of Nasi Grong...It has beef or chicken

dude, you are the only person who noticed that, but hey, you could replace my PIG with beef or chicken. or pretend you dont know and eat it since i know u would ;)

i like that shit dawg, i remember asking for the receipe everytime i go to them chinese takeouts and never understanding their messed up english.

Saalixa   

Ok

i thought Underdog character here on sol was always a girl? confused really maybe i will offend you but really i was always thinking you were that strong, oppinionated chick from mel...

Thing about women having some free space in women section will never be taken into consideration by the admin and moderators because i have complained already many a time and no cooperation iam recieving :mad: . It has become so bad that the proportion of male species of sol visiting women section than the females is literally beginning to unequalize. the brothers come to mostely brag and complain of some somali sisters becoming to westernized and feminocentric when really they are the ones who are too leniant and soft for the sisters :D so me thinking it is time the brothers discuss these matters elsewhere like probably the sports section coz nowadays it is becoming a gohst occupied thread.

How about if my suggestion gets into the "things to improve list on sol" by the admins for once PLEASE.

underdog   

Originally posted by rayaana:

Ok

i thought Underdog character here on sol was always a girl? confused really maybe i will offend you but really i was always thinking you were that strong, oppinionated chick from mel...

I wonder where you got that?????

^Its prolly due to THE whining and B!tching you have been doing lately with that dude named Good Credit. :D

Am just kiddding!, how could anyone mistake Underdog for a chick?, the dude puts the C in chauvanism. smile.gif

Hes the General.(Whereas Nin Yaban is the President,hehe) I salute you sir(s)!

lol   

Amethyst: First of all... resorting to Islam is not the last but the first coz it is a code of life and for a Muslim which am assuming you are should seek guidance and justice from it than a bunch of females who are battling jealousy coz their husbands abandoned them for a better catch.

I am sorry but that is my assumption of feminists. The reason being most of them are either divorces or dumpees (dat is wat I call ppl who have been dumped). I am yet to see a happily married sister joining that team.

Secondly relationship problems are not the only problems women face.. we have hormonal inbalances, disease specific for women, menstrual cycles... etc... so yes we do demand to have a space of our own. And these problems are not ones men should be part of.

Thirdly the only Muslim country I have seen where I could say women are deprived of their rights is Pakistan. A Muslim woman is one who is obedient and submissive to her husband and his wishes. And if his wish is for his wife to stay at home and cover herself then it shouldn't be interpreted as domination o oppression rather its protection.

And I brought the hadith because I have started living my life according to the Sunnah of our Holy Prophet. And everything a Muslim needs to do or believe is through the Quran and the Sunnah.

underdog   

Would I be wrong to assume all you girls wear a hijab and pray 5 times a day?

Cause if you don't you probably shouldn't be trying to debate the advanced issues of Feminine roles. - You gotta crawl before you walk and you gotta walk before you run.

What category do you fall in:

1) the women who wear Hijab out of conviction that it is the Islamic thing to do.

2) the women who wear it only because their mothers and grandmothers wore it; unaware of its true Islamic significance.

3) there are the secular "Muslim" women, who almost never practice Islam anyway, but who have Muslim names and roots, who make it a point to appear at all Muslim gatherings with hair fashionably styled in full public glory.