Sign in to follow this  
Suldaanka

A native of Borama town believes his city is the source of Quakes

This article below made me laugh.

----

Borama town experiences increased seismic movements in the month of Ramadan

Hashim Goth, ANN=

Borama, 30 Oct. 2005—People living in the town of Borama and its surroundings have experienced an increase of seismic tremors during the month of Ramdan.

The tremors which have rocked the town almost daily did not cause any material damage but have caused a lot fear and panic.

People who spoke to Awdalnews Network said that they were scared that the daily tremors might develop into something more deadly. However, in the absence of seismological centers in the country, the people said that they could only pray to God to save them.

Some people accused the government of not doing anything to inform the world about such impending earthquake.

“May be they are waiting until a disaster takes place,†said one of the people.

Some of Borama residents believe their town to be the center of global seismogical movements.

Mohammed Abdi, an elderly who have seen many tremors in Borama, said whenever a tremor jolts Borama we know that an earthquake would wreck havoc in some other place of the world .

“ All the earthquakes that took place in Iran, Indonesia, Turkey and recently Pakistan had all followed after the people of Borama had felt a tremor ,†he added.

Sky   

Originally posted by Suldaaanka:

Some people accused the government of not doing anything to inform the world about such impending earthquake.

“May be they are waiting until a disaster takes place,†said one of the people.

Some of Borama residents believe their town to be the center of global seismogical movements.

Mohammed Abdi, an elderly who have seen many tremors in Borama, said
whenever a tremor jolts Borama we know that an earthquake would wreck havoc in some other place of the world .

“
All the earthquakes that took place in Iran, Indonesia, Turkey and recently Pakistan had all followed after the people of Borama had felt a tremor
,†he added.

LOOOOOOOOOOOL :D:D:D:D

Soomaali wax ka qosol badan ma jiro. Reer Boorama baa uga dhaama ummadeena oo dhan, heerkay gaarsiisan yihiin na bal eeg. Thanks for the laugh my man. This was some funny shit. Whoo, still laughing, "We should inform the world" kuye!

All the earthquakes that took place in Iran, Indonesia, Turkey and recently Pakistan had all followed after the people of Borama had felt a tremor

^ boys i gotto say, i'm with the old man on this, the rift valley is where the afican and somali plates meet. and Boroma is just about on the fault line

coinicidently there is a split in the rift valley that is

"... is tearing Africa apart. Eventually, as the rift deepens and widens, surrounding waters will rush in to create a new gulf, or sea, as Somalia breaks away from Africa to form the new Somali Plate. Notice how the small island of Madagascar fits snuggly into the African mainland. " source

which would explain why they would feel the earth moving from right under them ..! i guess af few meteorologist should get out there and start measuring then! any how a few pic's ;)

reason002.jpg

and

image002.gif

^^interesting

So are you saying we will no longer be part of mainland Africa? :D

Sky

Haa walle waan ku qoslay. I laughed hard. The guy was being honest by the way.

I don't know if its coincidence or not but there could be some truth in the old man's assertion.

Gabbal   

which would explain why they would feel the earth moving from right under them ..!

The Somali plate is actually moving and will probably lead our part of the horn to break-away from the continent, but that should be about over a million years or so. It is moving at a rate so undetectable it is nearly impossible to "feel" the earth moving from under you. But hey who knows if this world has a million more years anyway? :D

suldaan,

As horn afique said, plate tectonics is so slow that we dont feel it except when a violent jolt happens cos they collide, or move away too quicly and see the volcano or feel the earthquake. but yes one day in the very far future the horn will be an island ..