Sign in to follow this  
Nephissa

Love'em or Disgust you?

Blessed   

^LOL.

Nephtys,

Waxay cayaanba waa loo amaana. :D

Aaliyah,

I had my nose peirced and I got bored with it after a while and it only left a little brown mark, which is okay because I've freckles on my nose. [Yeah, I'm a black woman with freckles]. Also, it's not xaraam, I've looked it up. I wouldn't do anything that went against sharia.

Ghanima,

You have to show me! I think I'll do mine, if I manage to keep my waist after two babehs. :D

Aaliyyah   

NG ina lilaah, waxas wax la eega ma aha naga qari!!

Blessed, I wouldn't wanna get a small black mark on my nose, anoo qurux iyo wax loo joogin radinaya icon_razz.gif

am not so sure if piercing my nose is worth it. But, who knows I might do it down the road, Allah yaclam.

Blessed   

I wasn't telling you to get your nose pierced, just responding to the comments you made on the topic. You're obviously not down with it, so don't do it.

I'm not sure that the purpose of jewellery is to make you prettier. It certainly doesn’t work. i.e If you have a crooked nose for instance, the last thing you wanna do is draw attention to it by sticking a nose stud on it.

Nehanda   

Eyebrow piercing is cute, my friend had it done and it really suited her.

I used to wear a ring on my bottom lip during my uni yrs not anymore because unfortunately work won't permit.

Ismahaan   

Hi girls I am sorry to disappoint you but I think we are not allowed to do body piercing except ears.

This is what the Sheikhs said about piercing:

‘’It is permitted for women only to pierce their ears as a form of enhancing their beauty. The proof of this permission is based on the Hadith of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (csw), when he prayed on the day of `Eid and came with Bilal, his Companion, he ordered the women to pay Zakah, and some of them took their earrings off and threw it (donated it) to the Prophet. (Reported in Bukhari saxiix) ‘’’

As to the piercing of the nose, tongue, lip, eyebrow etc, it isn't permitted for both sexes because it is a type of deformation to Allah’s creation.

In light of the above, body piercing, tattooing, branding are all fall in the category of unnecessary interference, modification and mutilation of Allah’s creation and is prohibited. Thus, no Muslim, who is aware of his religion, should ever consider such activities.

I hope you not mad at me now. :cool:

Blessed   

Ismahaan,

Who is 'the shaikh'?

I accept that there are differences of opinion. I personally, agree with following fatwa because I believe that there is no difference between body parts. If piercing one part of the body is considered mutilation and altering Allahs' creation, it should apply to all body parts.

I'm more willing to accept the argument that your not allowed to imitate non-Muslims and the peircing of specific parts of the body might be attributed to punk culture. Also, I think we all know about maintaining the limits of hijab and not being too excessive.

And, Allah knows best.

The following is from the book: Islamic Fatwa for Women by Shaikh Bin Baz.

It's a really useful resource.

Question: What is the ruling concerning wearing nose rings for beautification?

Response:

It is permissible for a woman to beautify herself according to what is customary, even if that means she has to pierce part of her body, such as is the case with earrings. Perhaps, nose rings are permissible since it is allowed to pierce a camel's nose and put a ridle through it and that is not considered mutilation.

Source

p.s The fatwa had me in giggles the first time I've read it, bless!

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by *Blessed:

I think I'll do mine, if I manage to keep my waist after two babehs.
:D

Hold up, hold up!!! Say what?

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Naden   

Ismahan, do you believe that hadith permits ear-piercing or merely recounts that women had their ears pierced and donated the jewelery hanging from them?

Blessed, lol@ camel's nose. I guess what is good for the goose, or camel in this case.

Nephissa   

Blessed had a baby?? or expecting??? Mabrook habiibty, mabrook. May Allah makes it easy for you.

Originally posted by NGONGE:

piercing.jpg

I ENVY that guy, he obviously isn't Somali and doesn't care if anyone thinks he looks like he fell face-first into a tackle box.

ps; eyebrow tattooing is the 'in' thing these days gabdho, I've seen alot of girls who got it done. It's so unbelievably amazing, their face is like; wash and go..L0L, no more eyebrow make up, and plucking. Istareex wa nis! Makaa kala qalqaloocaan kamaba fikiraysid!