Sign in to follow this  
SomeAlien

flirting, whats it look like?

pearl   

ouch!...crash and burn...the last few posts just killed it..

just as i was about to tell u my story on how i for the first time hit on a complete stranger(blame it on all the qaxwo i drank that night).....cuz its always me being hit on.....but the trill of it is just soo fun i just might do it again as long as i dont have to ever see him again.….but u guys just killed the mood :mad:

LuCkY   

LoL PearL how about you and I got out for a cup of coffe eh?Then maybe we couLd exchange information...spiLL the beans GaL...I think i set the mood,no? ;):D

underdog   

X,

if you're gonna get all defensive and aggressive (not to mention off topic), I give up, you win. and if you feel the need to have the last word, go ahead and take another shot.

Jaabir   

Why u ladies act like ya all don’t flirt too?? I was playing one on one hoops in the school’s gym the other day with a friend of mine who was visiting me from Tennessee.. homeboy was tall, built and handsome.. and I guess that attracted some of the deeqo’s at school who decided to join us although none of them were wearing sneakers… I caught them checking out his shoes when he was not looking, they were trying to tackle him, one of them asked him if he’s got a girl friend and stuff,,, and when I suggested to play tow teams of 3 all 4 chicks wanted to play against his azz ?? I wonder why? lol

^^ LoL...maybe they wanted to feel him up. :D

Flirting is harmless fun, but I wouldnt advice any sista to flirt with strangers (somali or not). Now, should you ever meet underdog or Nomad, or even darman at a bus-stop (like they would ever take the bus anywhere :rolleyes: ), then by all means flirt with them. They obviously understand the nature of flirting and wouldn't take it the wrong way (one hopes), however, there are no such guarantees with strangers. Especially faaraxyada. Sheesh...you DONT even want to go THERE! redface.gifredface.gif

Now I can flirt with the best of them, but only when it comes to close friends and cousins. Basically, guys I trust and feel comfortable with, otherwise no can do. Dont want to be accused of being a tease. :rolleyes:

Jaabir   

Right on DD.. I wish if the Deeqo’s could difreintiate between a flirtious (if there is such word) conversation from a normal one.. I mean one day me and my brother were in the mall parking lot getting ready to leave when I saw a somali chick struggling with this big a$$ shopping bags, I, being the gentleman I am ;) , went to help her load the bags in her car, after I got done, she was like, you are very kind abooowe but I am married!! I was like.. excuse you?? Did I ask for your marital status? She goes well all Somali guys expect to get a number if they give you a favor!! My brother was cracking up.. trying my best not to laugh I said, Abaayo don’t be overconfident.. I was only trying to help.. so chill out.. !!!

Haneefah   

Originally posted by *-DaReDeViL-*:

LoL PearL how about you and I got out for a cup of coffe eh?Then maybe we couLd exchange information...spiLL the beans GaL...I think i set the mood,no?

Lucky, war jeceyl mee waxaas kaa tahay, bisinka lol....ok, I'll buy the coffee, how about that? :D

after I got done, she was like, you are very kind abooowe but I am married!! I was like.. excuse you?? Did I ask for your marital status?

hahahah Darman maskiin yaaku arko markaaso kale you turned blue to purple lol. That was a crazy deeqo...

Anyway Me never flirt :rolleyes:

Originally posted by disillusioned-N-despondent:

now I can flirt with the best of them, but only when it comes to close friends and cousins. Basically, guys I trust and feel comfortable with, otherwise no can do. Dont want to be accused of being a tease. :rolleyes:

I see you're taking the safe route eh?

Btw, there are many ways of flirting..ie. body language. Ever heard of the staring game? Scenerio setting: Coffee shop. You pretty much stare at the guy when he's not looking, and when he does notice and looks your way, u hold his gaze for few seconds (pretending like he's caught you), and turn away. Never tried it....read it in some magazine, lol.

pearl   

Originally posted by Nafisa:

quote:Originally posted by *-DaReDeViL-*:

LoL PearL how about you and I got out for a cup of coffe eh?Then maybe we couLd exchange information...spiLL the beans GaL...I think i set the mood,no?

Lucky, war jeceyl mee waxaas kaa tahay, bisinka lol....ok, I'll buy the coffee, how about that?
:D
lolol..curious cheeks!...ok i'll spare ur sanity and tell u like it is...though it aint any different from the usual farah hittin on the xalimo...only this time the xalimo is workin the charm..

settin: tim hortin..best coffee shop in the world and cheap 2.

time: late at night

company: group of friends...u see the jokes and laughter was dieing so in order to keep the night rolling i got a revelation...mind u it wasnt heavenly....when a cute a guy walked in..i could see he was working the late shift driving a taxi....thats when i made my prey and told my gals to watch and learn....

sitting by himself...i came and set facing him....he had this suprised look on him face...so i said, " hey handsome, what u drinking?"....he did a double take..and said "me?"....

even though it was hard to keep a straight face..i keep on going..and said "no, the guy behind u"....we laughed...cuz there was no one...so i asked again "what u drinkin",....he said, "triple, triple...and continued to say " i never had a girl who didnt know me try to chat me up"....i replied "there’s always a first time for everything"......to cut a long story short i got his number...but never called...cuz thats not my style....i was under the influence of qaxwo...

tamina

You pretty much stare at the guy when he's not looking, and when he does notice and looks your way, u hold his gaze for few seconds (pretending like he's caught you), and turn away. Never tried it....read it in some magazine, lol.

yah...we believe u :cool:

Qac Qaac   

i was under the influence of qaxwo kulahaa, been badanaa.

the more i read what u girls write, the more i get scared macbuudkaa.

Tamina what, where did u read that from..

Pearl, kacan aan kuu taagay qof yahay.

Jaabir   

Originally posted by Qac Qaac:

i was under the influence of qaxwo kulahaa, been badanaa.

the more i read what u girls write, the more i get scared macbuudkaa.

Tamina what, where did u read that from..

Pearl, kacan aan kuu taagay qof yahay.

Waraa.. Qac caadi aa tahay walaaahi lol :D

Senora   

whaaat?(like Chappelle says when imitating Lit' John ).

LMAO....OH GOSH THAT GUY CRACKS ME UP SOMETIMES...THAT SHOW WAS HILARIUS

Reminds of this nuthead who just cut to the chase n' said " May I have ur waalid's(father) #?"

LOL

ANYWHO..This reminda me of the time when I was on the train, and this guy got on the stop after mines and sat next to me. From the corner of my eyes, I could see him looking at me,( on and off, i think iwould have been even more freaked out if he just stared with out even looking away). So it was about a few stops later that he tapped my shoulders,( deep down inside I was like, why!?..why can't he just leave me alone, I'm no t going to give hima chance) He must have seen the look on my face, because when i turned to look at him, he put said " Look, i just wanted to know if you could wake me up when we reach this stop...and just a bit of advice, not evry guy who opens his mouth to say something to you wants to holla"....I felt to embarrassed, but I'm glad i got that reality check...

this man hit me with his bag, i smiled to show that i was okay, he than started talking to me. okay whatever, its an hour bus ride, but than he asks for my number... QUOI???

Somealien, your so delightful :D ..but it's hard sometimes to tell where a guy is going with his conversations....I on the other hand, think flirting is cute and fun, sometimes? Over the weekend, i met a guy at the mall who came up to me and we ended up having a wonderful conversation...he was so funny....I know we were flirting, but I didn't want it to go any further, so i did turn him down when he offered to take me out? Normally, I dont give guys the time of day, but sometimes you have those guys that come up with some creative, or clever way to start a convo, and i can't help but be deployed in..