Sign in to follow this  
RedSea

In which ways do men and women similar/different?

RedSea   

salamu calaykum,

This is straight forward question. And the answers I am looking for have to be at least one paragraph long in which you use examples, religious or scientific quotes to back up your sentiments.

Thanks,

salamu calaykum.

ElPunto   

^at least he went some way to answering the question :D

I refuse to do someone's homework without getting some sort of compensation :D

Naden   

^ Exactly! :D

Check out this one too: women have bells and whistles at the top and men have bells and whistles at the bottom.

And finally, the strongest idea in my thesis: boys have cooties and girls don't.

Nephissa   

Men tend to just stand there with their arms folded and nod occasionally, thinkin; *damn* ... *damn* ... *damn you woman*

Women tend to stand there with hands on hips and do that rubber necked bobble head thingy and say; "Oh no you don't ... uh-uh ...you bess get that fool idea out your head right now!"

Cara.   

^Seems like. Next he'll request a practicum...

Naden, I'm a firm believer in the cooties hypothesis. Looks like poor Nephthys has succumbed to the latest deadly outbreak. She was recently seen holding hands with a boy!

Repeat it after me ladies:

Ugh, ewww, ewww, groooss!

RedSea   

I mean as far as rights, duties.

*this was an attempt to educate some here, but no seems to be trying here*.

RedSea   

Originally posted by Valenteenah:

Is Red Sea looking for a Biology 101 lesson?

no walal. That I know thank you very much.

Back in High School. My health class teacher use to have like 3 posters fully colored with the slightest details of men and and women's body parts. She use to walk in front of us and say he' here is where that happens this. :D

underdog   

Men prefer strident noises, hard handshakes, and red color. They are better at solving technical problems. Women have a sharper ear, they use more words while talking, and are better at completing tasks independently.

Based on these biologically explained differences, some psychological distinctions between men and women can be established:

- Men grasp a situation as a whole and think globally, while women think locally, relying on details and nuances.

- Men are builders and creators. They take risks and experiment, while women select the most valuable knowledge and pass it over to the next generation.

- Men are more independent in their thoughts and actions, while women are more willing to follow the ideas suggested by others.

- Women’s self-appraisal is lower than that of men. Women tend to criticize themselves, while men are more satisfied with their own performance.

- Men and women have different sources of satisfaction. For men it’s career and prosperity, while women value family and kids.

- Men have a pronounced need to fulfill their goals, and women rank relationships with others first.

- Men get sick twice as often as women, although women tend to be more concerned about their health.

- Women endure pain and monotonous work better than men.

All the above gets even more confusing, if we take into account that 15 to 20% of men happen to have a female type of brains, and about 10% of women have a male type of brains, which means that some percentage of men and women, no matter how small it seems, are partially programmed to the behavior and way of thinking of the opposite gender.