Sign in to follow this  
Legend of Zu

Odd News

I thought this could be a thread to gather all the odd news items that amuse us in some way or the other. So feel free to post!

And if I start ---->

Elderly couple seeks daughter

---------------------------------------

From correspondents in Beijing

January 17, 2007 10:01am

A RETIRED Chinese couple have advertised for a "daughter" to look after them in place of their son who has emigrated to Canada - and more than 100 candidates signed up to try their luck, a newspaper said today.

Source

Cheers

^ That's just tragic. Found the following in The Age Odd Spot.

Wednesday December 27, 2006

A woman in an English nightclub phoned for an ambulance after breaking a fingernail. Another rang to say a mouse had swallowed her medicine. Other callers to the North East Ambulance Service included a man who needed someone to change the television channel, and another who wanted a can of soft drink from the fridge.

Pujah   

IDF SOLDIER'S DREAM TO COME TRUE, AFTER DEATH

Posted: Thursday, January 18, 2007 10:15 AM

Categories: Tel Aviv, Israel

By Paul Goldman, NBC News Producer

In August 2002, 19-year-old Sergeant Kevin Cohen was guarding an Israeli settlement in the Gaza Strip. At 7 a.m. he was shot dead by a Palestinian sniper. It was that bullet that killed Kevin and his dream, which he had related to his mother, Rachel Cohen, of one day fathering a child.

But this week, four years after his death, a dramatic ruling by an Israeli court means Kevin Cohen’s dream may very well come true.

A ‘biological will’

After her son’s death, Cohen approached a non-profit organization called "New Family" which is dedicated to advancing family rights.

The organization is trying to convince people to write a "biological will," which in case of death would allow doctors to extract sperm from their bodies," explained Irit Rosenblum, the founder of "New Family" and Cohen’s lawyer.

It was a mother's instinct that led Cohen to request doctors to freeze her dead son’s sperm. Cohen said she had a dream one year after her son died.

"He appeared in my dream and asked me, mom what’s with my child? Please hurry," said Cohen. "I woke up with a big sweat and decided to go ahead, all the way."

Then came the legal battle, which was fought around the ruling permitting only the wife of a deceased man to extract his sperm and to become impregnated by it. The new ruling now recognizes the parent’s right over a dead child’s sperm.

Battle won

Cohen’s cell phone rang with the good news just as she was laying flowers on her son's grave. "I was too nervous and frustrated with the court battle, I decided the best place to be was near Kevin’s grave," said Cohen.

Rosenblum called with the news that her dream of becoming a grandmother was going to come true. "The decision gave me great happiness but still the pain is so huge, I turned to the grave and told the good news to Kevin," said Cohen.

"The ruling represents a light at the end of the tunnel both for a family mourning the loss of a child, and also for a single woman wanting to bring a new life into this world," said Rosenblum.

An unusual appeal

During the course of the legal battle Cohen sent out an emotional appeal to the Israeli public for help. It was a strange request: Would a woman come forward and give birth to Cohen’s dead son's child?

The process of finding a mother for Kevin Cohen’s child took more than two years. Two hundred women were interviewed, medical tests were conducted, meetings with psychologists took place and finally one was chosen. "She won my heart right away," said Cohen.

The 35-year-old woman preferred not to be identified, but Cohen said, "There are a lot of women out there that really want to know the father’s identity, his background, to be able to tell the child who was his father."

Now Cohen is waiting for another phone call, for more good news, that maybe nine months from now she will become a grandmother. At last she will be able to look at her son’s picture and tell him he has a child.

www.worldblog.msnbc

Shakti   

lol@ odd thoughts .. now ood news.

Sadly.. i now know some odd ppl.. now what shall i do with them? wondering 4 solutions

Shakti   

u were in such hurry 2 insult me that u forgot ur ozy signature thing ..CHEERS.. :mad: a disgrace 2 the oz ppl ..i must say.. there goes ur citizenship.

Ps. If u like u can give ur password.. ill be happy 2 edit that post 4 ya. No need 2 cheers me..

LooooL@Devil

Dear, have you confused with your hand holder. I guess you haven't slapped him today.

n that's little violent. I was thinking something like stick up to scare da "odd" folks.

Shakti   

Originally posted by Legend of Zu:

that was good comeback "the part where yuo pointed out that i forgot the "cheers".

Che...You should return your P licence
:D

The Chamber of P holders are not happy with your handling of the Devil's case!

Cheers

key word...DEVIL.. Clearly u do not have the proper comprehension in dealing with the devil’s case…..with that said, u know where 2 hand ur stole licenses 2.. right?

p.s whats with the deal with u n "comeback" we aint in some sort of "rocky" movie so spare us from this comeback ordeal or I might be forced 2 gas ya.. :mad:

What amuses me most are istubid youtube comments. A few days ago I found possibly the most outrageously idiotic comment ever. It honestly hurt to laugh. It was in response to a Barack Obama clip. Source.

ArcticGarlic (1 month ago)Is it true that his full name, Obama Hussein Barack, translated to Latin, then converted to Hebrew, totals the sum sixhundred and sixty-six? Or just a new conspiracy theory? Hmmm???

nixfanrdb123 (3 weeks ago)

lmao

Kridner (2 weeks ago)

You're a idoit!

ArcticGarlic (2 weeks ago)

Barack Hussein Obama, translated to Latin, then converted to Hebrew = 666.

:D:D:D

Baluug   

Originally posted by Nomadic_Princess:

ArcticGarlic (2 weeks ago)

Barack Hussein Obama, translated to Latin, then converted to Hebrew = 666.

If you translate his name to Arabic, it looks like a bunch of squiggly lines. Coincidence? I think not. :D

^ Well to Arabs latin script looks like a bunch of weird lines.

Anyways this arcticgarlic (what kind of name is that anyway?) is obviously some weirdo..I wonder whether he (ofcourse it is a he) could give us the method of converting these languages into numbers.

Fascinating im sure. :D