Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

Ayeeyo qaawan

Salaan...

A couple toddobaadyo ago, one hot afternoon weekend and walking to a Soomaali baarbiyeeri at one of the main intersections of Koronto, and frequented by Soomaalis, another shock fact of living in Galbeedka just presented itself just infront of me.

Two elderly couple, the lady no younger than 75 minimum-bare and her supposedly companion were walking; actually, the man, who was much older than herself, had a walk-helper, a double metal cane with a little wheels on. She too could barely lift a foot, as a result of her age-contributed slowness and her high-heel boots.

That is not shocking, I picture shaking your head.

What was shocking was the way the old lady dressed. I cannot describe it on here, but she more or less dressed like a professional sex worker [we need to be political correct on here :D ]. Jaws were actually dropping, from every ethnic group and age and gender that took refuge and relaxing on that urban little park.

Some distreetly chuckled when the couple slowly passed them.

I will not lower myself by describing on here how that granny dressed, for all I can write is she might have been dressed better had she been naked.

The saga continues of shocking break of vowing not to be shocked anymore.

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

Salaan...

another shock fact of living in Galbeedka just presented itself just infront of me.

am sure you are talking of "modernized" somalis in western countries if am not wrong.. :D:D

MMA...Maybe Ayeeyo hanuun suurad badataa.

N she is gotta show her staff, no shocker there.

Seriously though, nothing is shocking anymore. I once run into granny lesbos being all touchy touchy in public.

P.S. I was in Toronto dis last weekend. I don't know how Somalis live there.N Why are they all living in Ghetto side of town ( I don't think Maryooley parents care about their own kids growing up in such enviroment, sad wallahi). The only thing I liked there is Hamdi restuarant, nice food , very busy as well, but some waiters had an attitude.

Pucca   

thats not much of shocker...if you lived in toronto for awhile then you'll remember that old lady back 5-or more years ago..who was fighting *went to court* to 'bare her chest' cuz she thought it was unfair that men are allowed to be bare chested at beaches and women are expected to cover up. ...now that was something..seein how she really didnt have much to 'bare' :D *she was old*.

gotta love t.o ...its just full of interesting folks..

raula   

maybe ayeeyo waxey kasoo harte the woodstock hippies....she still chimes to..."let's groove tonight..." ;)

yeah but that's gross.. redface.gif

Salaan...

YoYoMa, haye, Koronto ayaa timid miyaa?

Laakiin I don't think any part of this city can be fairily labelled 'ghetto,' the ghetto that usually comes to mind, especially Mareykan-style ghetto.

Koronto is much safer, cleaner and decent than any comparable American cities [even less ones like Detroit, Buffalo, Atlanta, Miami, San Diego, Columbus, Baltimore, etc], which I myself had seen few. It also got well-connected public transportation system that is fairly used by all sectors of public.

The areas that remotely can be considered ghetto may have been intersections of Jane/Finch [which you never suspect as a ghetto while you're standing there] and Jamestown of Rexdale.

Yes, Soomaalida wey degan yihiin those areas, laakiin badankooda waxeyba degan yihiin saraha dhaadheer ee Dhigsan [Dixon] iyo Albiyoon [Albion], unless you consider Dhigsan to be a ghetto. Hardly think so.

They are also in jealousy mood these days, buying houses in Greater Toronto Area, particularly Brampton and Mississauga, since hebel/heblaayo did. Fancy new houses, I tell ya, with, yep, help from heavy interest rates.

And about maqaayada Xamdi. Soomaali hadaan nahnay faraha ayaan ka qaadnay. War the darn place is busy the 12 hours it is open, occupied by mouth-watering ajnabi meel laga galo jirin oo cunto Soomaali jeclaaday. Only now qof marti markuu kuu yahay ayaa inaa geysid ma'ahee, otherwise in dadka cusub laga xayiro reer Koronto waa u dhaafeen since it is über-success business story, never seen achieved in qurbo business that is run by Soomaali. [Tell me any maqaayad run by Soomaalis that is computerized. LoL. Xamdi is.]

Xamdi truly is fascinating story about Soomaalida qurbajooga, perhaps I should run a feature story, interviewing the founders, who no longer can be seen or work from the interprise.