Sign in to follow this  
Valenteenah.

A special gesture

It’s Ramadan and I am trying to build up as much ajar as I can.

This is why you are all invited to my Kaalay Ila Afur evening.

The evening is mainly for those of you who can’t manage, for whatever reason, to get to some delicious food quickly for Iftar. It’s also for those of you who don’t have a cook at home and yet who can’t boil an egg (shame on you!).

Now on to the more exciting stuff…

Today’s Iftar menu

[EDIT]Just consider it yummy![/EDIT]

Now, I know you bloody Somalis, so I don’t want to hear any mention of those outrageously fattening and oily ‘saanbuuse’ and ‘quraaq’ crap. Ditto to 'Bariis isku dhex karis'. Just because I'm trying to increase my ajar doesn't mean I'm going to be slaving over hot oil for eons. Certainly not for you lot.

I hope you will be sufficiently grateful as I am doing this out of the goodness of my heart.

Finally...

A friendly warning: Malign my creative cooking and I will have you out the door faster than you can say ‘aaway bariiskii’.

Please note: Your Du'as will be collected at the door.

Thank you.

NGONGE   

The words sound great but I bet all your food tastes the same and is of the same colour (even the darn vegetables).

NG, why you little..! No, mustn't waste the ajar coming to me by insulting you.

I don't know why you always have to doubt me, but I followed every last instruction in the recipe book. Gram for gram, spoonful for spoonful.

:mad:

Val, I called up some friends in london. Address please!! Hurry up. sheekadu waa xuntahaye. Ummad dhan baa six xun u gaajaysane.

PS: Few already took the train to your xaafad area just to be in close proximity. Quick entry as soon as you give the address. Waa sii yara dhawaadeen. :D

^ The quick reply is very handy! Testing testing! :D

I don’t buy into the sincerity of your gesture Val. Not for a sec.

Tempting the poor folks who are fasting with a topic on FOOD (even if its an assortment of preservative-laden-canned-mix!)

You’re a walking sin. Now mods… be kind and delete this!

LoL @ Libaax. Eager beavers dheh! That's what I like to hear.

Fine, they can come down to my house. It's right behind Brixton Tube station.

Che, what are you scoffing at? What's wrong with virtual ajar, huh? It's the thought that counts. icon_razz.gif

Khayr   

Originally posted by Valenteenah:

LoL @
Libaax
. Eager beavers dheh! That's what I like to hear.

Fine, they can come down to my house. It's right behind Brixton Tube station.

Che
, what are you scoffing at? What's wrong with virtual ajar, huh? It's the thought that counts.
icon_razz.gif

Last Time, I check, that area had a bad rep. and a No-Somali fly zone. ;)

Now, I know you bloody Somalis, so I don’t want to hear any mention of those outrageously fattening and oily ‘saanbuuse’ and ‘quraaq’ crap. Ditto to 'Bariis isku dhex karis'.

A bit heart broken by those words....these are household staples during ramadan. :(

Scoffing kulahaa....I had to keep it light to get my mind off da menu listed below.

- Greek Salad with everything (Olives, feta, sun-dreid tomatoes, red onions, cherry tomatoes, different varieties of lettuce and home-made dressing)

- Marinated Lamb chops

- Roasted Vegetables

- Creamy Mashed potatoes

Very tempting ayeeyo. I agree with Serenity. Danbi noo Horseeday. I actually had to think of more sinister staff to keep food off my mind .

N speaking of a thought, unfortunately our stomachs don't understand or feel thoughts. You gotta do better than that.

Che, you are right. Instead of ajar, I may be increasing my danbi quota. Not a good thought. I suppose that's why they say the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Lemme go edit out all the yummy food, so your tummies can stop grumbling.