Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Hollywood’s normalisation of Muslim deaths

N.O.R.F   

Ngonge, watch it at home.

Prom, if the military confirms they're 'in cahoots' with Hollywood is it still a conspiracy?

Alpha Blondy;685457 wrote:
what do you? i bet you dont even have an IMDB or a RT account?

Tell what us what gives you the right to question peoples knowledge on Hollywood! You dont even have your name on the walk of fame!

IMDB is for nerds who live in their mother's basement and argue about films. Even if I did have an account, I would never admit it!

I can get my name on the Walk of Fame for 25, 000 dollars, and I wouldn't even have to know what a focus pull is. Just like L'oreal and other brands with a star on the Walk of Fame.

Prom, if the military confirms they're 'in cahoots' with Hollywood is it still a conspiracy?

Norf, you live in the UEA right? Well did you know that News Corp. second biggest shareholder is a Saudi prince? Yes the same News Corp. that owns Fox. In fact the UEA is desperately trying to establish itself as the media hub of the Middle East and invests heavily in Hollywood companies. By firmly beliving Hollywood has an agenda, you are displaying naivity. There are some things that transcend ideals, and money is the biggest.

Jibreel   

Few movies and documentaries produced by brave journalists and film makers, hardly stands out as an acceptable comparison- unless voluntary amnesia in regards to history is an acceptable doctrine in regards to this discussion. Hollywood, a predominant institution with in the mass media has been unraveled and ''serious scholarship'' , joined by prominent award winning journalists have published work on the subject i.e for those of you who suffer from intentional ignorance.

I do agree that speculation is no substitute for serious scholarship but so are lazy remarks. And while we are in the subject of serious Scholarship, neither has the opposing block quoted nor produced any(prominent scholar) scholarly texts or anything that resembles serious, save for the empty rhetoric with the usual doze of hearsay.

Since it is a simple truism that public opinion in democracies is manufactured, the notion of the mass media being used for propaganda is but a fact- but one i would want to see refuted.

So enough with the nonsensical attempt but do refute and while at that, document your claims , if you can.

I can't believe that i have missed that commentary and i can't believe the nasty attempt made to disregard the only backed up fact in this thread!

P.s. The fellow was half right when he mentioned the Hollywood conspiracy. Hollywood is engaged in one of the biggest conspiracy of the century i.e. It is rewriting history. Unfortunately it is the Empire's sole version of history that is being written and hence the rape.

Jibreel.

uchi   

NGONGE;685218 wrote:
To say that there is room for foul play is not to present much of an argument, saaxib. Does this "room for foul play" mean that Holloywood has an agenda or does it not. Norf is saying it does. I am saying prove it. Simples (as the famous Meerkat says; then again, there is some brain washing going on there about Roman Abramovish and his toying with Chelsea....or something).
:D

NGONGE I highly recommend watching this, the full doco if you can please, I think everyone should watch it.

Full Version is available at thier website.

Then watch this clip from Bill Maher and Ben Afflick.

NGONGE   

^^ I'm done watching speculative clips, saaxib. I watched the one Norf talked about (all dull 46 minutes of it) and the one irate Jibreel posted above. Neither of the two prove anything about a real, factual, sustained agenda on the part of Hollywood to normalise Muslim deaths. Oliver Stone and the other two guys talk about America's view of itself and the world and how nationalists (the world over) demonise 'the other'. I did not need to watch such rubbish, it's simple logic.

Jibreel,

If I said you are a liar I would need to provide proof that you are a liar, saaxib. All YOU will have to do in turn is to feel insulted by my claim or simply ignore it. If, however, you choose to provide proof that you are NOT a liar it will only make me wonder about your truthfulness. The case here is the same, saaxib. You, Norf and others talk about this dark idea of Hollywood normalising Muslim deaths (and meaning it, or else it won't be an agenda of course). I am asking you to PROVE it. Now, before going on about our ignorance, switch a light on and show us, saaxib. Or else stop talking, yours is nothing but an old wives' tale.

Khayr   

Who is making the argument here and what is the argument that is being made(not as linearly stated by Ngonge unless he is the arguer (although his arguments are usually of the stuff and nonsense kind!;)

On a side note,

When Rocky IV, came out, I was in total adoration of the Italian Stallion aka Rocky and grately hated anything remotely resembling his opennent, the Russian boxing perfection. All I can remember is Rocky v. the Russian. I can't remember his name but I definitely remember that he came from the Cold U.S.S.R. aka Soviet Union, home of Lenin and Communism.

Now Ngonge, what are you huffing and puffing about old boy (did you catch my example!)

N.O.R.F   

Ngonge, the video also proves Hollywood gives time to the US Foreign policies of which rendition and the killing of Muslims is part and parcel and is necessary to protect the US (something being portrayed in Military approved movies). You don't need it to be written in black and white. Wax fahan.

5;685535 wrote:

Norf, you live in the UEA right? Well did you know that News Corp. second biggest shareholder is a Saudi prince? Yes the same News Corp. that owns Fox. In fact the UEA is desperately trying to establish itself as the media hub of the Middle East and invests
heavily
in Hollywood companies. By firmly beliving Hollywood has an agenda, you are displaying naivity. There are some things that transcend ideals, and money is the biggest.

5, thanks for bringing up NewsCorp and Fox. We all see the Fox agenda and they're also a movie producer.

ps Prince Al Waleed is someone who deserves little attention. A man more interested in making a name for himelf than actually doing anything about the situation. Whether he owns part of NewsCorp or not make no difference.

N.O.R.F   

Movie: Extraordinary Rendition

A man is abducted from the streets of London and transported via secret flights to an unknown country. Held in solitary confinement and cut off from the outside world, he is plunged into a lawless nightmare of detention without trial, interrogation and torture. Returned without explanation to the UK many months later, he is left to pick up the pieces of a shattered life in a world he no longer recognises.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0826613/plotsummary

European court backs CIA rendition victim

The European Court of Human Rights has ruled in favour of a German citizen, after finding he was an innocent victim of extraordinary rendition by the CIA.

Macedonia was ordered to pay Khaled el-Masri $78,000 on Thursday for arresting him and handing him over to the US in December 2003.

El-Masri spent five months in secret CIA jails for suspected links to armed Islamist groups.

The decision is a victory for El-Masri who has been trying in the US and Europe to get authorities to recognise him as a victim.

El-Masri, a German citizen of Lebanese origin, was arrested, held in isolation, questioned and ill-treated in a hotel in the Macedonian capital Skopje for 23 days, the court's press service said.

He was then transferred to CIA agents who brought him to a detention facility in Afghanistan, where he was further badly treated for over four months.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/europe/2012/12/20121213144859463814.html

N.O.R.F   

^Plenty previously provided. You just choose to ignore them :P

This was something I saw this morning on the news and thought it sounded like a film I saw.

NGONGE   

^^ I have a friend whose marriage broke down because he was caught cheating. The whole thing reminded me of a Hollywood film I once saw. :P

N.O.R.F   

In his Pentagon office, the head of the Film Liaison Office makes no secret of his goals. He wants to encourage films which flatter the U.S. Army, win support for its actions on the battle field, and encourage more soldiers to sign up. In short: pure propaganda. Few great war films have escaped the influence, or even the censure, of the U.S. Army.

http://www.cbc.ca/passionateeyemonday/feature_151203.html

Go ahead and ignore it :P

NGONGE   

^^ Nothing to ignore. He wants to ENCOURAGE. It is a whole different ball game to it being a conspiracy. Wax fahan.