Sign in to follow this  
Peplow throb

war

Castro   

^ You should see the fitna of those who came out in support of Sangub at his hearing. It's that blind support for a fictional entity that fully explains the state of affairs in Somalia (all of it).

Abaadir   

Castro, What is it that bothering you about Sangub’s case? The chances Sangub convicted are remote. Latest news has it, that the Judge is weighting to throw the case out. The victim does not have enough evidence to support her case. Her character is also in question.

Take it easy bro. We will get the end of the road. Caku wax fudud oo aan fardo ahayn

Originally posted by Northerner:

Doing it it for ones self or not, the 'maintenance' occured to the advantage of the owner, thus some sort of comp is only fair but not a leglity. I'm questioning whether this should be made a legal issue.

The 'maintenance' occurred to the advanatage of the residents. Ma waxaad ku dhex noolaan lahayd aqal isku qudhmey oo dumay? Even as a renting customer, you're obligated to maintain the house and any damage to the property waa lagugu soo dalici kara. Thats how it works in the rest of the world.

Occupants should be grateful they lived rent-free for years in some1 else's property and get the hell out when the owners come back to reclaim what is rightfully theirs.

Castro   

Originally posted by Abaadir:

Castro, What is it that bothering you about Sangub’s case? The chances Sangub convicted are remote. Latest news has it, that the Judge is weighting to throw the case out. The victim does not have enough evidence to support her case. Her character is also in question.

Take it easy bro. We will get the end of the road. Caku wax fudud oo aan fardo ahayn

Her character is in question? Subxaanalah. Atheerkaa waa child molester. The sooner you get that through your clan-infested mind, the better we'll all be. Mise inuu adiga kugu qabto ayay ahayd so you would understand? Had that happened to you, would that make you a person of questionable character then? The only way he'd get away, despite his uncoerced confession, is due to lack of physical evidence. Of course, self confessed child molesters from my clan are excluded from shame. :rolleyes:

N.O.R.F   

The 'maintenance' occurred to the advanatage of the residents. Ma waxaad ku dhex noolaan lahayd aqal isku qudhmey oo dumay?

You are implying that the residents have re-built and maintained the property. If you arrive back at your home rebuilt to an extent should they not be entitled to compensation? If not, guriga ma lagaa dumiyaa back to its former post war glory?

Castro iyo Abaadir waar inaga daaya waxanaad mesha la timaadeen!

Khayr   

Originally posted by Curling Waterfall:

quote:Originally posted by Northerner:

[QB] Doing it it for ones self or not, the 'maintenance' occured to the advantage of the owner, thus some sort of comp is only fair but not a leglity. I'm questioning whether this should be made a legal issue.

The 'maintenance' occurred to the advanatage of the residents. Ma waxaad ku dhex noolaan lahayd aqal isku qudhmey oo dumay? Even as a renting customer, you're obligated to maintain the house and any damage to the properly waa lagugu soo dalici kara. Thats how it works in the rest of the world.

Occupants should be grateful they lived rent-free for years in some1 else's property and get the hell out when the owners come back to reclaim what is rightfully theirs.
You sound like a Tyrant! ;)

Where is the Humanity? The Generosity?

What if there was minimal or no contact with the Owner for 10+yrs and the occupant took care of the home all that time and rebuilt it,fought others to maintain it etc.?

North, I dont think one is entitled to any compensation because its istubidh to build an extension or renovate a property that doesnt belong to them in the 1st place and they have no rights re-doing it. Some ppl delude themselves into thinking that gives them some rights to the property, but it doesnt.

Kheyr, I'm well known as one too.

Maf Kees   

Northerner, I'm really scared to leave my house now. Should I expect you redecorating my living room and wearing my bathrobe when I return home from work? How much should I pay you for your service? $15.000? Is that enough or do you want half of my backyard?

Kheyr don't feel left out. I'll give you the keys to my car. I know you did a great job with the new tiles in my bathroom.

Curling Waterfall, beware sister, you're their next target. It seems to be good business. smile.gif

N.O.R.F   

CW & D-yeer

Many people have were left homeless during the war who subsequently settled on lands and re-built existing houses that belonged to others who were not present in the country.

The question is not should one live in a redundent house and re-build it if he sees fit? (as this has happened already), the question is, should that person be entitled to compensation upon the owner's return? Its a little complicated i know :D

It may be ****** for someone who lives in the west (rebuilding a house thats not yours) but for someone desperate to find a place and to re-build it over time its his 'home'.

Some ppl delude themselves into thinking that gives them some rights to the property, but it doesnt.

As i said before, if one rebuilds a damaged property which is to the advantage of the absent owner, then compensation should be paid when that owner comes back to re-claim his house/lands. Do you expect the 'squatter' to leave without his dues?

Katrina   

I've been reading this topic closely. Northerner it's a sticky situation. I feel for those who live there now but I know the land will always belong to those who bought it. My father lived outside somalia for more than 40 yrs and guess what? He poured his hard earned money back into somalia. He sent his money back to build houses and property with the intent of retiring and dying there. He is the most patriotic somali I have ever come across and when the war happened and our lands where demolished or taken by others. I saw a piece of him die. Do they deserve compensation? That is a matter of emotion and not the law. I would hope those who return treat them with due respect and try to work out a compromise but it sure as heck wasn't my father's fault the war occured nor where they asked to improve or renovate the house.

PS. What have other countries done (in history)when faced with similar land disputes?

Originally posted by Katrina:

That is a matter of emotion and not the law

Thats it Kat. I blv North and Kheyr are getting a little sentimental here. icon_razz.gif . I dont think any1 would derive pleasure from displacing poor families but these occupied properties dad baa soo dhistey oo ku soo daaley. Lets also not forget that.

We have a house in Xamar. My mum built it all by herself while my dad was busy hopping around the world gaining double masters in the late 80ties. When the war broke out, we left my grandfather incharge but he left after a while too, leaving the house to the neighbours (or the people that moved there after the war). Now I know for a fact that they keep the house well and live in it like it was theirs... but I dont feel they are entitled to any of it or any compensation. After all, they have lived there for over 10yrs now at no cost. If anything, I blv some compensation and gratitude is due to me. :D

Khayr   

Salamz,

I can see disputes dealing with LAND can be a very EMOTIONAL/SENTIMENTAL subject matter for some nomads and their families.

But doing what is RIGHT should IDEALLY not be clouded by SENTIMENT?

Why are the Occupants treated with such disdain and disrespect? Its like african slaves who came to north american, built the land up, maintained it and then the Owners came back from Europe and tell them 'Thanks, for making the place SAFE and TIDY for me and my family, but its Time for you to go and sleep/live somewhere else. This is my land now and u don't have a right to it at all. redface.gif

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Curling Waterfall:

quote:Originally posted by Northerner:

Doing it it for ones self or not, the 'maintenance' occured to the advantage of the owner, thus some sort of comp is only fair but not a leglity. I'm questioning whether this should be made a legal issue.

The 'maintenance' occurred to the advanatage of the residents. Ma waxaad ku dhex noolaan lahayd aqal isku qudhmey oo dumay? Even as a renting customer, you're obligated to maintain the house and any damage to the property waa lagugu soo dalici kara. Thats how it works in the rest of the world.

I totally agree with this outlook - it seems to me strange to receive compensation when you were living there rent-free. I mean even if the individual left the place in better shape and he asks for compensation - can't u ask for the rent for all those years?

Isn't this also against Islamic rules to occupy or take something that is not yours? Anyone there who can enlighten us on this aspect of the issue. Of course, in dire poverty etc it is understandable - but personally speaking I would do my utmost to refrain from that. But in our screwed up society - there are individuals who race to occupy/set up shop in others property.