Sign in to follow this  
Baluug

2 Somalis killed in Edmonton

me   

1. Stop the drama.

2. Did teh Kurds have more money when they came to the UK? They are first generation too. So stop looking for excuses. Its a fact that the Somalis in UK, Canada, USA etc are divided internally and that they can't do anything together. They seperate themselves along clan lines. When someone takes teh initiative to start a community centre or anything similar to it, someone else will start a competing one that is from another clan instead of working together.

Thats a fact and it happens all teh time, so this whole we are a first generation stuff is you trying to close your eyes to teh real problem. The problems is Somalis are not united and they can't look after their own interets becuase they are not willing to work together. You live in London dear, London is a perfect example of whats happening in Somali communities everywhere. Check whats happening in London and how much of it cold be solved if Somalis worked together.

Ibtisam   

For your information Kurds are dying all the time, you only have to look to north London where they have gang warfare with the Turkish and the blacks. They have the highest prison population in that area, not to mention high unemployment and educational level.

Somalis are divided where ever they are, they took the problems of back home with them to where ever they went. It is not uncommon to see people (kids) fight over clans, you just have look at how they settle in areas prominent in their clan. So don't tell me about American and Canadian Somalis , I can see the ones here.

As for people who set up community centers, most are just greedy people who just use their local community to get funding and then do nothing for the community, other than take few kids on field trips or pizza hut just so they can collect receipts for the audit. In my area there are 15 youth development centers for Somalis, yet the youngsters are lost and rooming the streets.

I know what the problem is, I just telling you shouting "Somalis need to unite and work together" from the side line is not going to work, so save me your chanting please.

me   

So people setting up communities are greedy? So we shouldnt set up communities?

So young and so negative Ghanima.

Yes we should unite and work together whats wrong with that? or won't your negativity allow you to think about that?

Ibtisam   

^^^Stay focus and realistic here please. It is reality not negativity. Somali’s think everyone who wants to help them wants something out of it, relative or not.

Please read what I said, I wrote "most" based on my experience (as I go on to mention my own area) so No I do think there are some sincere organizations, but not enough to out weigh the corrupt.

Young and negative helps me avoid wasting time and effort and disappointment by focusing on a dream that just won't be and sitting back and waiting for this so called unity and working together. I hope been older and positive keeps you going. smile.gif

I don't have anything else to add and I believe I made my position clear. I'm not going to argue for the sake of arguing. :cool:

First and Foremost, allaah ha u naxariisto inta dhimatay and allaah u duceeyo inta nool.

Me has a point here. These young men & Women need some extra curriculum activities. Our somali community is doomed, we need to bond and come together.

Youth's are getting killed because they have nothing going for them on their day to day lives to keep them occupied and out of harms way.

27 and 28 yr olds, thats another subject on its on. Just because police can't find any relation with drugs or gang to the shooting victims, doesn't mean they weren't involved in it.

Young folks are looking the easy way out. They look at their uneducated parents, sitting on their behind doing nothing but looking various ways of making money, scheming, they grew up with that, and when the become of age, they look into those things too, "it worked for hooyo, why not for me?" It all starts in the home.

Parents have to step their game up and make sure they keep the children on their toes, and it just isn't happening with some of the somali parents.

For heaven's sake, put them to karate or baseball or volleyball team, get them interested in anything but coming home to watch tv, because if they grow up that way, rest assured, they will do worse.

You have to have a schedule for your children at a young age, get involved, make sure you know what's going on with your children, or else, dont cry about the consequence's later.

When I hear about 16/17/18 yr olds out and got beaten up or shot in town or in the neightbourhood, I am wondering what happened to their extra curriculum activities?

I remember I use to get up 5:30am to go to track practice with my couzin, and then start my day in school, then afterschool I had soccer practice, come home eat, do homework, hit the ymca for an hour or two, and when there was no soccer, we had b-ball season. I was always doing stuff, not hanging out in neighbourhoods or malls.

ElPunto   

Sad. I was told of a killing of 2 Somalis roughly in the same time period in Alberta though not sure whether it was Calgary or Edmonton. That one was one Somali gang on another - and this from sources close to it. I'm not sure if this is the same one since the article said that the two individuals killed had no gang affiliation. May God have mercy on their souls and deepest sympathies to parents.

But I must say I can't find the slightest sympathy for gang-bangers who get it in the end. Just sympathy for parents who have to put up with all this. They should all be dumped over Antartica.

ElPunto   

^ME is right. Where you have a united community you have better access to public funds and support in order to provide rehab for wayward community members, programmes to keep them off the streets and more clout with law enforcement and political leaders to ensure a fair hearing and an attempt at justice.

"27 and 28 yr olds, thats another subject on its on. Just because police can't find any relation with drugs or gang to the shooting victims, doesn't mean they weren't involved in it."

Sis, both them were not involved in drugs. On the contrary they were doing dawa all the time. May Allah forgive them and punish the coward who did this.

ElPunto   

^Seekknowledge - you will have to admit guys who do dacwa aren't exactly victims of random murder every day of the week. God knows best.

^^ Amin

Edmonton is a new front. This whole Alberta land needs to be area-secured for ever-moving nomads. Therefore a defensive militia is paramount. They Faaraxs need to mobilize themselves and deal with these threatening cali beesteen or whoever behind all these.