Sign in to follow this  
ANWAR

Do somalis love dogs ???

^^^ You running to madhab now? BTW it appears that I know more of Islam than you do. It was unfortunate that I thought you were a truth seeker and you will follow it up and bring some daleel. But telling me "oh you are muslim you should know" does not let you of the hook that easily sxb.

In this case, You were asked for a hadeeth and Aayah and you failed. Simple!

Cheers

Baluug   

I've read a hadith in which Muhammad SCW said that someone who keeps a dog as a pet, and for no particular purpose(i.e. hunting, seeing-eye dog etc.) will have 2 Qirat deducted from their deeds every day. Now I forgot what a qirat is, but i believe it's a mountain or something big like that. So basically, having a dog isn't haraam, but it would be better not to have one, unless you have a good reason.

Taliban   

Originally posted by Legend of Zu:

You running to madhab now?

I know there are anti-hadith Muslims (also known as Qur'an alone Muslims), but didn't know there are anti-madhab or anti-fiqh Muslims.

BTW it appears that I know more of Islam than you do.

If I know more than you do, I would never claim that nor brag about it. Furthermore, it was pointless to ask the question if you know more than I do.

In this case, You were asked for a hadeeth and Aayah and you failed. Simple!

Indeed. It appears you have won, congratulations.

Taliban   

Originally posted by EboniQue:

Are you a fake mullah?

I am not sure I got what you meant. Define who's a fake mullah, and cite one example of someone who's.

EboniQue   

^^ Fake mullah is one who does not practice what he preaches

Example; I know a few typical fake mulahs. They are always telling ppl Xaraam this and that, their wife’s are single mom collecting welfare. I did not see them following the rules of the Quran, all I saw was waddaado abusing their wife’s and when they are in the Xadiis places they are telling ppl how to make your house a good Muslim household. :rolleyes: And every time the wife gives birth to new baby they always tell the system, "The boy friend got her pregnant". :mad:

I call them and any waddaad isku sheeg who uses the religion to abuse women fake mullah

so are you one of them or not?

Taliban   

Originally posted by EboniQue:

Fake mullah is one who does not practice what he preaches

Example; I know a few typical fake mulahs. They are always telling ppl Xaraam this and that, their wife’s are single mom collecting welfare. I did not see them following the rules of the Quran, all I saw was waddaado abusing their wife’s and when they are in the Xadiis places they are telling ppl how to make your house a good Muslim household. :rolleyes: And every time the wife gives birth to new baby they always tell the system, "The boy friend got them pregnant". :mad:

I call all those and any waddaad isku sheeg who uses the religion to abuse women fake mullah

so are you one of them or not?

I don't know if I am one of them, 'cause only people who know me can tell whether I am a genuine or fake mullah. I am not yet married, and the thought of collecting welfare has yet to strike my mind. I don't advise people I know something and do the opposite. For example, I advise them not to eat at or buy from fast food chains (McDonald's, BK, Wimpy, Favorite Chicken & Ribs, Quick, Wienerwald, iwm) because of religious reasons-- and I don't do the opposite. I also advise them not to date or play lottery-- and I don't do the opposite.

So, with regard to fake mullah, I gather you know or associate yourself with genuine mullahs; am I correct?

EboniQue   

^^ Right, I have a cousin who is a genuine Mullah and I usually listen to his qudba. smile.gif

So you are not a fake one then. Good to know :D

Pucca   

Aisha had it down correct...the dog itself isnt nijaas/dirty its the saliva that is; but then even that depends on which school of thought you follow.

somali folks are too darn afraid of dogs to begin with so when they hear one school of thought sayin that the dog is infact a 'dirty' animal....what better way to avoid dogs all together then to simply view association with them as being haraam?

that aside, i love dogs... yellow/chocolate labs are my current fav.

ElPunto   

^Thanks Aisha - did not know the particulars. There is much to know in the religion and it's best to investigate in the absence of solid knowledge.

Taliban   

Originally posted by Pucca:

...the dog itself isnt nijaas/dirty its the saliva that is; but then even that depends on which school of thought you follow.

As a dog grooms and licks itself, saliva is deposited on the skin and haircoat. As it dries, microscopic bits of the saliva, or dander, enter the air and environment and affect the owner.

Aisha   

Pucca....you love dogs??? Thats the 1st time I heard a black person say that! Me on the other hand can't stand them. I think they are completly dirty animals .

But I do love pet rabbits. I'm getting one for my lil sis in a couple of days. Not telling my parents though..........just goin to get it and put it in the backyard. I'm sure they won't notice!!

Pucca   

^really? there are plenty of 'black' people who like dogs sis..

Taliban, if your point is that keepin a dog in the house is not hygienic..then yea thats true. Though you're a little off in thinkin that dogs groom and lick themsleves...its actually quite abnormal for dog to do such 'grooming' (cats lick themselves) and in most rare cases they resort to licking themselves when they have an itch that hurts when they scratch ...or in other cases they'll lick themselves to get attention. Point is..dogs dont lick themselves.

In surat Kahf allah mentions that among the sleepin men there was a dog ...allah didnt comment on the dog being 'nijaas', for anyone who says its not pointed out in the quran..its true allah never says the dog is impure. But there are hadeeths ...hadeeths that state the dogs saliva as being unclean.

Allah knows best...