Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

Troll Corner

Ms DD   

ahahah naaga waalan.

CL..behave behave now. You are around minors I take it.

Malika

How wonderful for you to be that enterprising lol

-Lily-   

A&T, there are some words I've never heard in my life in your stanza Mariiqiyo/ Socotodiisi/Diririkii/Gaad.

Malika   

Ms DD,the credit crunch has really impacted I tell ya,the pound sign flashed in front of me,when I was asked where to buy or who sells..Lol astagfirullah! I cant believe they have been told its good for depression,apparently it makes you feel lighter and focused..Heh,I dont think they have seen the faraaxs and xalimos that chew now!..

Abtigiis   

You are right. Some are related to astronomy (old style). But too of them are easy Somali. Socotodiisii -is from socod (going). Its going (referreing to the moon). Gaad is to try to catch something with out being seen. Waa la gaaday means he was ambushed, also.

Mariqiyo, Dirirkii are the names of some stars. I guess Mariiq must be drived from the Arabic Al-Mareekh (the moon)??.

Anyway, Anigaba waa la ii turjumay. Now that I gave you the directory, can you pull the meaning togather? STOIC will do, haddii kale.

unknown1   

Originally posted by cynical lady:

Your what.....i am not your moma do i look like your mama? confused child please!

i think you look like her :D:D:D:D

-Lily-   

Something about the constant stars, the moving moon, more stars, hiding and ambushing? Hut houses? Getting one’s own back? No clue!

Usually in poetry when you’re looking for meaning it’s not what the word means but the connotations that are attached to that word since space is very limited in poems. Hadi adiguba laguu turjumay what hope do we have?

nuune   

Originally posted by Abtigiis &Tolka:

You are right. Some are related to astronomy (old style).

Mariqiyo, Dirirkii are the names of some stars. I guess Mariiq must be drived from the Arabic Al-Mareekh (the moon)??.

Sxb, Mariqiyo or Mareekh waa the Planet Saturn, also called Faraare in original Somali, ama loogu yeeraa Mariikh-Dhiigle, mars is called Saxal or Saxal-Gaduud as you know.

Waad xasuusataa the following tix which is alliterated in letter S:

Adduunyadu nin bay saaciddaa, sare u qaadaaye.

Ninna waaba saranseerisaa, yare silleeddaaye.

San barra ka taag-daran ninkuu, Saxalku fuulaaye

Translation in English is straight away

The Planets are very important in Somali astrology or astronomoy smile.gif