Sign in to follow this  
Oromali

VIDEO on how Ethiopia (Abyssinia) saved Islam religion

Gabbal   

I am surprised a gumaysi diid has taken the gumaysi's version of history without any reservations. You need to double check your true support to the cause my friend. :D

As for Western history, I hope you can excuse away the clan name in this article, but there is no doubt who these great Somali men were.

nuurpd8.png

Abtigiis   

Gabbal, I agree with you. I shouldn't have taken it, and I never took that history seriously. Laakiin, Somalidu maadama iyaduna ay wax kasta sheegato yarahe biased baan ka aheyn. Ninkii Barlev qabsaday waa somali bay ku odhan. Marka I didn't take theirs too. Mida kale, in the 16th century, Somali u soo dhow Harar ma jirin runtii. Waa dhow ayeynu dhulkan soo gaadhnay. So, I think Amir Nur could have been a sole traveller.

My credentials about gumaysi-diid are impeccable saaxib. If I weren't, given the profile of some of my classmates in the current government in Addis, you would have seen me on TV as an Ambassador of Ethiopia to the UN or a big Minister. Not fighting a mundane cyber-war with imposters like Oodweyne! :D:D

P.s, on a softer note, ileen show Sayid Maxamedkii rerahaan deny garayney all these days. :D

Gabbal   

Mida kale, in the 16th century, Somali u soo dhow Harar ma jirin runtii. Waa dhow ayeynu dhulkan soo gaadhnay. So, I think Amir Nur could have been a sole traveller.

Who told you this lie? Adeer, Oromos, Harari, Amharo etc are all a collection of unrelated nationalities united by common land. The Amhara you hear of are 90% of the same stock as the Oromo only speaking a different language. The rest are Agew. The only thing that took place in that land was a linguistic displacement where Gee'ez transplanted itself there but the people are all of the same stock who rooted their identity in their early land.

Up to Harar going towards the north to the east and northwest were in the hands of Somalis. Do me a favor and get Shihab ad-Din's Futah Al Habesha which is the only recorded eye account of Ahmed Gurey's time and his fights (Shihab was a literate Yemeni in the court of Adal who recorded in Arabic). In the middle of the 1500's, many of the established Somali clans are as recorded as they are today and many of the leaders named are today the ancestors of "reers" in many of those clans. The Oromos were to the south west of Ethiopia and the first time the Habesha have seen the sight of Harrar was less than a 150 years ago.

Futuh_TPD2.jpg&usg=AFQjCNHO9pEpF6XTQLO90

p.s. There is a lot to Somali oral history. It would surprise you how compatible it is with recorded history.

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Abtigiis &Tolka:

My credentials about gumaysi-diid are impeccable saaxib. If I weren't, given the profile of some of my classmates in the current government in Addis, you would have seen me on TV as an Ambassador of Ethiopia to the UN or a big Minister. Not fighting a mundane cyber-war with imposters like Oodweyne!
:D:D

You are not a Gebre- awoowe and only a Gebre- is allowed those positions. :D

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Malika:

Ah!@ Gabbal, shoow meshaad kuu damqatee aad kasoo bodee baa hadaan arkee..lol
icon_razz.gif:D

Anigu bulshada Soomaaliyeed difaac yaan usoo galay qabiil umaan gelin. Ayadoo sidaas ah dhaqanka Soomaaliyeed waa mid qabiil ku dhisan sidaas awgeed mararka qaarkood waxaa dhici karto inaan qabiil laga fursan karin kolka dhaqanka iyo taariikhda Soomaaliyeed so hadal qaadid. icon_razz.gif

Abtigiis   

Gabbal has done a good job here in eduacting me. But I still have to be convinced that the Amhara's and Oromos/Somali's are of the same origin. Again, Ethiopian history, which enemity aside can not be all lies, says the Amharas,Tigre's gurage's, harari's are semitic tribes while Afars, Somali's, oromo's are Chushites.

I tend to agree with that version of ethiopian history. At least language wise it makes a lot of sense. Do you speak Harari? It is af-axmaar la yara qaloocinayo.

Malika was only joking. Gabbal, you are right to defend Somali's.

Gabbal   

[QB] Gabbal has done a good job here in eduacting me. But I still have to be convinced that the Amhara's and Oromos/Somali's are of the same origin. Again, Ethiopian history, which enemity aside can not be all lies, says the Amharas,Tigre's gurage's, harari's are semitic tribes while Afars, Somali's, oromo's are Chushites.

I tend to agree with that version of ethiopian history. At least language wise it makes a lot of sense. Do you speak Harari? It is af-axmaar la yara qaloocinayo.

I am not so sure you understood. The idea that Somalis and Oromo are anymore closely related than Oromo to Amharo is not descriptive of reality.

There are no "semitic people" or "cushitic people". These are only classification by tongue. The ethnic stock of Amharo is the same ethnic stock as Oromo greater than 90% and here you were discussing the Raya a Tigrey group of known recent Oromo origin. The Oromo themselves are not a people but a union by language. Those that came to speak this language came to be known as Oromo, and those that took on the displaced Ge'ez became Amharo. There is no existence of an Amharo people; it was a superlative class system for the ruling elite. You could be of any nationality and speaking any language and by virtue of becoming part of the ruling class you would become an Amhara.

Also, there is a new theory which has been gaining some ground concerning the "Cushitic" sub-language family. It seems the "Cushitic" languages may not be languages of same descent after all, but a system of sprachbund, or languages that came to become similar to each other based on geographical proximity. The southeast languages are an example. So even the language between us and Oromo may not actually be from the same source.

Abtigiis   

I tend to disagree with this one brother. Nothing wrong with the logic, but references are required for your assertions.

____________________ ____________________

None of Sheikh Hussien or Imam Nur were Somali's, dear Adam. I like your patriotism but let us not lay claim to what is not ours. Imam Nur is a Harari, and Sh. Hussien is from Wollo. No one ever said they are Somali's.

____________________ ____________________

Quote Gabbal

I am insulted by your arrogant ignorance. Not only has it been "said" he is Somali but his direct descendants are alive and trace their genealogy directly through him.

I had the pleasure of reading just two days ago the news of the construction of an "Emir Nuur Secondary School" where some of his descendants live today.

I am really so impressed Mr. Gabbal and thank you so much for your deep and broad-sweeping analysis. You did an outstanding job here in educating this clown guy, Abtigis. He is not an academic or an opinion leader and his whole argument is like a gossipy girl and doesn’t contain much substance.

Abtigiis   

Gabbal, references for the part about Amhara/Tigray (semitic speaking ) and Oromo (Cushitic speaking) are from the same roots. I am not disputing it, just want to know more.

Professor Mr. Right,

Did i say I am an academic? I made no such claim and I am ready to learn from those who are academic and those who think they are.

Speaking of Academics, since when has History become synonymous with it?

Despite your superlatives and three-syllabe waffles, there was nothing new. A correction by Gabbal to some of my misconceptions on distant historical figures.

Mr. Right, given your infatuation with some jargons (deep analyis, opinion leader, broad-sweeping etc), you carry the unmistakeable marks of a neophtye graduate; just unleashed with a pat from behind to impart newly acquired critical thinking!