Sign in to follow this  
Oromali

VIDEO on how Ethiopia (Abyssinia) saved Islam religion

Oromali-Pay attention, if you come to rape, colonize ,and massacre Somali people, no gives rats @***, who saved Islam.

Your celebration of Axmed Gurey's demise is indictive of your vindictive nature, you save Islam and tolerate massacres of Somalis by Woyanes.

Is this dude trying to lecture us on Oromas history ,Ethiopia, or Islam? He is all over the place..I am wondering if he is even a Muslim or know about history of Islam?

Chimera   

Abtigiis&Tolka

Sheikh Hussein was born in Somalia and Nur is the nephew of Ahmed Gurey:

(1)Edmond Joseph Keller: Led by the charismatic Somali leader Ahmad Gran (Imam Ahmed Ibn Ibrahim El-Ghazi), a coalition of Muslim invaders consisting mainly of Somali and Afar

(2)Chatterji: A Somali chief of Adel, a Muslim state on the Gulf of Aden, named Ahmed ibn Ibrahim by using the new weapon completely overthrew the Ethiopian kingdom

(3)Beckingham: Ahmad ibn Ibrahim al Ghazi, called 'the left-handed' by the Somali, (gran in Amharic), was a Somali in the service of the ruler of Zeila.

(4)Groves: The leader was a Somali chief, Ahmad ibn Muhammad Gran, Muslim ruler of a border state, who with great energy and resource pressed home the invasion of Abyssinia

(5)Whiteway: He was certainly not an Arab: probably he was a Somali, for we find him closely connected with many who were Somalis.

(6)Langer: Ethiopia was overrun by the Moslem Somali chief, Ahmed Gran, who used firearms

(7) Alexander Bulatovich: "In Portuguese sources he is called King of Adal and Emir of Zeila, and they conjecture that he was Somali" -- from Ethiopia Through Russian Eyes: Country in Transition, 1896-1898

(8) In 1541, when a four-hundred- man Portuguese expedition arrived in Abyssinia, a

Somali Moslem leader — Iman Ahmed, known as Gran — was threatening to extinguish the kingdom

(9) Elaine Sanceau: Imam Ahmed, once an obscure Somali warrior from Harar had risen to supremacy among the muslim tribes

(10)Andargachew Tiruneh: Harar, led by Gragn who was probably a Somali, overran the length and breadth of

the central and northern Highlands from 1529 to 1543

(11)Saheed A. Adejumobi: Ahmed ibn Ibrahim al Ghazi was a Somali Imam and general who defeated several Ethiopian emperors and wreaked much damage on that nation. He is also known as Ahmad Gran (or Gurey).

(12)M. Th. Houtsma: Shortly afterwards there began the great invasion of the Somali chief, Ahmed b. Muhammed Gran

(13)Ahmed Ibrahim Al Ghazi but more commonly known as Gran, was in fact thé Imam Ahmad and probably a Somali

(14)Walter Yust: Between 1528 and 1540 armies of Mohammedans, under the renowned general Mohammed

Gran (probably a Somali), entered Abyssinia from the low country

Chimera   

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

Kid is Somali-Friend if anyone remembers him.

I remember him, his name is Welkayit.

Oromali   

Originally posted by Abtigiis &Tolka:

You say Raya? I see Raya- Azebo? How could I miss that? I knew you were from Gonder or close to it. Or perhaps Wollo. I knew you are not pure Oromo. The noble blood of Dambi-Dollo, Ambo, or Arsi!

:D i couldn't stop laughing dude!! :D

so there is such a thing called "Pure Oromo" and not pure oromo?? LOOOOOL

i heard you guys also call the h@wiye as "Pure somali" and others like dar0od as not pure.

i think this issue of being and not being pure something is stu'pid

anyway, you are right about arsi oromos. most of them are tough anti-ethiopia. but it is funny because some of the biggest pro-ethiopia figures and biggest ethiopian athletes come from Arsi oromo. like kenenisa bekele, tirunesh dibaba, abebe bikila. all of these oromos came from Arsi.

Abtigiis   

If I may add, Gelete Burka and Ijigayu Dibaba. Tehy all came from the village of Baqoji.

But can you tell me all those listed have said a word about Ethiopian unity all these years? Don't you know most Oromos do not feel pride when the athletes win at the olympics. Do you think it is lost to me it is the Amhara, Tigre's and few christian Gurage's who actually fill the bars in Addis when they are running?

And leave that contentious issue here. Do you want to tell me Most Oromo's hate bening called Ethiopian? I have studied that fake history of Ethiopia to know that all what is called Ethiopia is the creation of Menelik. It was an imperial conquest and it shall end.

But, again, if you are Oromo, perhaps you would like to have a say in Ethiopia's affiars. The elections are coming and as Meles is claiming he will leave, we don't here a successor Oromo. No Dibaba, no aba-so and so, No Challa. It is only Equbay, Seyoum and so and so.

I know the Oromo's have always been a pitiful peasants (no wonder the chauvinst Amhara's call the OLF - organisation of lazy farmers) and I am not expecting you to be in rage over this shame.

But I also know you are not an Oromo. Most Amhara's (uninoist) pose as half-oromo, half Amhara. That is your trick which is nowadays rejected.

Oromali   

If I may add, Gelete Burka and Ijigayu Dibaba. Tehy all came from the village of Baqoji.

But can you tell me all those listed have said a word about Ethiopian unity all these years?

as i said many arsi oromos are nationalists and anti-ethiopia.

but there are pro-ethiopians too. about words from the oromo athletes, here are some example..

Abebe Bikila (Arsi Oromo) "I wanted the world to know that my country, Ethiopia, has always won with determination and heroism"

Tirunesh Dibaba (Arsi oromo) "But I did it for my country. I was struggling but I told myself to hang in. I didn't want to let down the people back home in Ethiopia"

Don't you know most Oromos do not feel pride when the athletes win at the olympics. Do you think it is lost to me it is the Amhara, Tigre's and few christian Gurage's who actually fill the bars in Addis when they are running?

well, some oromos are not happy that famous oromos (like athletes) don't promote oromo nationalism. but i can not say that oromos don't feel pride when oromo athletes win.

ofcourse the degree of hapinness and the express is different from people to people and from to place to place

in finfinne, over 25% oromo, watched oromo athletes on big screen tvs in ethiopia

tirunesh_etv.jpg

Do you want to tell me Most Oromo's hate bening called Ethiopian?

yes, many oromos don't like being called ethiopian. some somalis in ethiopia also don't like being called ethiopians. but many oromos are also pro-ethiopia.

the level depends from region to region and from religions

I have studied that fake history of Ethiopia to know that all what is called Ethiopia is the creation of Menelik. It was an imperial conquest and it shall end.

most of the amhara/tigre monk created "ethiopian history" is fake . ofcourse, there are a lot of true accounts.

But there are a lot of habasha fairytales

everyone knows, history everywhere is always bias and depends on who is writing it and why. but the amharas/tigres are not the only ones who made up fake history.

But, again, if you are Oromo, perhaps you would like to have a say in Ethiopia's affiars. The elections are coming and as Meles is claiming he will leave, we don't here a successor Oromo. No Dibaba, no aba-so and so, No Challa. It is only Equbay, Seyoum and so and so.

I know the Oromo's have always been a pitiful peasants (no wonder the chauvinst Amhara's call the OLF - organisation of lazy farmers) and I am not expecting you to be in rage over this shame.

meles party has a sub-party called OPDO. they are under his full control aka PUPPETS. he might choose one of them for the prime minister position

some amhara hardliners have tried to take power also but it won't work. (the only way for amharas to come back to power will be if they gain SNNPR region support because the SNNPR is almost as big as oromia population) but i don't think amharas can come back because ethiopia has changed already into a multi-ethnic identity. ethiopia will either be powerful as multi-etnic society or it will break apart like Yugoslavia.

But about OLF, ofcourse some amharas/tigres attack OLF. its politics. anyway, some OLF officials have joined meles OPDO and OLF leaders like ababiya abajobir have given up with OLF and went back to ethiopia. i don't see any hope for OLF militarily. the problem is not just that oromos are too diverse regionally and religiously. but also economically, oromia region is the richest in investment and industry. most of top 10 industry towns in ethiopia are inside oromia. i don't see any trend for new oromos to support OLF.

but i see a lot of other strong oromo opposition movements like OPC and OFDM groups

unfortunately, meles party will never give up power peaceful ( i am 98% sure)

so there will be an ugly scene in the future of ethiopia.

Most Amhara's (uninoist) pose as half-oromo, half Amhara. That is your trick which is nowadays rejected.

well, i hope you were correct about that.

unfortunately you are wrong because most amharas/tigres are too proud and they don't like diversity.

i like all the diversity, multiethnic, multiclan and multcultural stuff because it is beautiful and promotes tolerance.

Fabregas   

@ oromali;

he he. I though I was actually debating someone and not just a resident amharic troller pretending to be part Somali-Oromo. BTW, you don't need to hide your amhara identity, I am sure there is a lot of SOmali who welcome you on this forum with open arms.

Abtigiis   

His name is probably Takatel Yiluhal. A typical Gojjame posing as an Oromo. Anyway, no biases against Amharas as well, as long as we are to debate sensibly and without resorting to foul language. Ato Taketel, yaa yarajawn ya abesha fairytale taariik titeh, sila ahunuu ya Ethiopia huneetaa ini wayaay! Bataleym baya qanu indha kabit sila mi taaradaw ya Oga.den hizib gudaay!

BOB   

First and foremost...its ONLY Allah s.w who saves who he chooses and perishes who he chooses to save not.

If you are a Muslim (Are you one?) then start repenting and don't let your pride without means blind you for pride is worse than ignorance.

Allah s.w SAVED Islam by softening the heart and putting the light of Iman into heart of King An-Najashi (May Allah s.w Be Pleased With Him) who also became a Muslim himself...so stop your cheap shot at Somalis and Islam for you come across as some one with a bad intention and the more I read your comments the more I see your true self.

May Peace Be Upon You.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Abtigis, you are reflecting here that awful tribalism mentality and narrow minded culture of Somalis. Oromoali only raised an issue and we might disagree with that but asking him qoloma tahay is a bit shameful apporoch. After all that is why we are still fighting each other for over 20 years and became a country run by warlord, miltias and now by a general from Pakistani.

Abtigiis   

Mr right, you couldn't have started your debut with a better irony. Indeed, you got it wrong!

We are asking him to tell us who he is. His nationality. In case you don't know, there is no common Ethiopian history or political outlook. So, it helps to know where he is from. And it seems you didn't bother to read my qualifying second line in the above comment.

In your urgency to make a quick mark, and what a better way to do that than to come down with the tried and tested tirade against somali ethos, you skipped to read the full lines.

Anyway, welcome and have a cup of tea horta. Sip some oxygen and relax. And then start making some sense. For now, it is evident whoever has through this human pebble at me has sent a quick one!

Oromali hasn't raised an issue. He is making assertions on some important issues. Like saying most Oromos are pro-Ethiopia. Well, if you know about Ethiopia, you will appreciate why knowing who oromali is, is important. An outlook from an Oromo or an Amahara on that simple matter is very different. So, I am just telling him that most Oromo's will disagree with him.

Gabbal   

None of Sheikh Hussien or Imam Nur were Somali's, dear Adam. I like your patriotism but let us not lay claim to what is not ours. Imam Nur is a Harari, and Sh. Hussien is from Wollo. No one ever said they are Somali's.

I am insulted by your arrogant ignorance. Not only has it been "said" he is Somali but his direct descendants are alive and trace their genealogy directly through him.

I had the pleasure of reading just two days ago the news of the construction of an "Emir Nuur Secondary School" where some of his descendants live today.

Dugsiga Sare ee Amiir-nuur oo dhismihiisa dhawaan la dhagax digay degmada G/haarey ee xarunta G/Gedo

Jul 06,2009

byG/Haarey-Gedo-News

Xilli bishii aynu soo dhaafnay ey arday ku dhow 200 oo arday ay u fariisteen Imtixaankii fasalka 8aad ayaa waxaa haatan la bilaabay dhismaha dugsi Sare oo laga bilaabay magaalada G/haarey. Dugsigani Sare ee Amiir-nuur oo horey ogu jirey dhismayaal kira ah ayaa haatan wuxuu dhismihiisa ka soconayaa gudaha degmada G/haarey.

Dugsigani Amiie-nuur ayaa waxaa dhismihiisa haatan iska kaashaday Ururka SEDO iyo Hay’ada NCA, sida uu noo xaqiijiyay Wali Maxamuud Cigaal oo ah wakiilka Ururka SEDO ufadhiyo degmada G/haarey, waxaana lagu qiyaasay qarashaka haatan ku baxayo dhismahani dugsiga Sare $71’500 Dollar (todobaata iyo kow kun iyo shanboqol oo Doolarka Mareykanka ah) lacagtani ayaa 61.5% waxaa bixinayo Ururka SEDO, Xafiiskeeda Norway iyo kan G/haarey, halka 38.5% ay bixnayso Hay’ada NCA. Waxayna sidoo kale dugsiga Sare u balanqaaday Hayadda NCA in ay ka garab istaagi doonto Qalabka Sheybaarka iyo Mushaarka macalimiinta in ay ka kaabayso.

Dugsigani Sare ee Amiir-nuur ayaa markii igu horeysay laga furey bilowgii 2008-dii ayaa ardayda waxkabarato waxay haatan ku guda jiro sanad dugsiyeedkiisii labaad, iyada oo Manhajka lagu dhaga uu yahay Manhajka Dalka Kenya ee aynu daraska nahay. Iyada oo uu haatan dalka Soomaalya ku jiro ku dhawaad 20-sano oo Dowlad la’aan ah ayaa hadana waxa dhanka kale garab socdo diiri galinta kaabayaasha Waxbarasha, inkastoo dhinaca kale ay weli dagaalo ay Dadbadani ku dhinteen uu ka soconayo meelo badan oo ka mid ah Dalka Somaliya.

Wali Sheikh Cabdi

Gedo ews Network

G/haarey Gedo Somalia

aminur2.gif

aminur3.gif

Abtigiis   

Please excuse my ignorance. I learned the false history of Ethiopia. We were never told he or Axmed gurey were somali's. And I never bothered to research. While many references are made to Sheikh Xussen, Amir Nuur and Axmed Gurey in ethiopian history and also in versions written by some western historians, they all refer to a certain people called Adal ( who are said to be present day Afars). Waa naloo been guurey kolkaa'e raali ahow.