Sign in to follow this  
Elysian

Why Women??

Elysian   

Something has been bothering my mind for a long time now, and I assume this issue has been debated before (or at least I hope). Nevertheless I feel I have to bring this matter to the surface in order to clear it from my head. What I can't understand is why there is a "Women" section on SOL.

Is it so that we women have certain needs, specific to us, that we need to discuss? In that case shouldn't this forum only be open for us ladies??

Is it a forum where men can tribute, complain, or simply ask about the womenfolk? If so, in the name of equality why is there not a "Men" section??

I have not read much of what has been posted, let alone posted myself, on this forum, but I would guess its mainly about the relationships between men and women - things that concern both sexes. Wouldn't it therefore be more suitable to call it "Relationships"?

What were they thinking when they named this forum? "We need a forum for ideas, health, marriage... hmm... what should we call it... of course Women". Doesn't really make sense.

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm convinced that the intent was to have a forum that attracts women, implying that most women do not interest or partake in intellectual debates, politics, sports etc. Therefore subjects that were of interest for women (!) were gathered to one forum AND (here comes the worst part) to make sure they, we women that is, could orientate themselves to the "right" forum the section was tagged "Women" ... just to be sure.

It's like when we're going to the ladies room, the door is clearly marked so that we won't mistaken and become embarrassed.

Why wasn't the sport section labeled "Men"? Or simply why not just call things for what they are, not for whom it was intended... I find it demeaning!

Have you ever heard of WOMEN'S TALK ??? ,,,, What does that mean ??

Haven't u seen all those WOMEN ORGANIZATIONS and WOMEN IMPOWERMENT PROGRAMS ???

of course women have their own issues which is always different from men ,,,,,

Naden   

Judging from the posts in the last few months, it ought to be scrapped altogether in favour of a Lifestyles section. There are a few interesting health and fashion threads that pop up once in a while and make you want to contribute, but the rest scream late-teen anxieties and are filled with chat type one-liners.

A Lifestyles section could (and should) be open to both genders' health/fashion/relationship concerns since the guys walk in with their dusty little feet into every thread anyway.

Elysian   

Where's all the sisters?? You not bothered by the concept of the Women section?

Originally posted by Naden

A Lifestyles section could (and should) be open to both genders' health/fashion/relationship concerns since the guys walk in with their dusty little feet into every thread anyway.

A good idea indeed Naden!

Malika   

From my observation it seems SOL-Men are the majority contributers in the womens section, what does this say about the SOL-men, they too need a room just so they can express their concerns...Aaaw, :D

So a renaming is required, so what shall the new section be called?

That says women always need men to keep up their life ....... the best example is SOL women section ,,,, without men it would be DEAD ,,, don't u think so ??? :D

Malika   

Aheem, Jacaylbaro ofcourse your an asset here on Women section, how are we to survive without you? One will never know,as your always here.. :D:D:D:D

I am kidding your opinion and contribution is valuable..

Elysian   

Munira, I think Naden's suggestion "LIFESTYLE" is a very good suggestion.

Jacaylbaro, I'm not against or moralising the discussions that take place in the women section.