Sign in to follow this  
Archdemos

Had a little scare today!

I have been having severe to moderate chest pains for the past 24 hours. It’s a transient pain and one that had been worrying me. So at work today after another sharp episode of uncomfortable pain i decided to phone NHS Direct. After a few minutes got put through to a registered nurse. After 30 minutes of describing my symptoms she said i needed an ambulance as this could be serious.

I said hang on. :eek: I’m talking and walking, so no need for ambulance, so i took the rest of the day off and got a cab to the nearest A&E which was in White Chapel.

After 20 minutes of waiting i see these two doctors/consultants (women).

So your having chest pains

Yes (i proceed to explain symptoms)

She took my blood pressure and told me to book an emergency appointment with my GP next day if pain persists, and she told me to mix paracetamol and ibuprofen for pain relief. :(

So i’m off to the GP tomorrow, let’s hope she’s a wee bit more thorough. :rolleyes:

I’m not a hypochondriac and rarely go to hospitals and GP’s, but i got the impression these two women just didn’t give a toss. :mad:

The entire consultation took 3 minutes.

I’m still getting these pains and its well over 34 hours now.

Inshallah all be well.

It could be an anxiety attack the way your describing, but they should have done an ECG to rule out any Angina which is lack of oxygen to the heart muscle, but I would recomend you to go to the ER to be safe. Hope you feel better though.

^^LOL, i've got nothing to be anxious about. Not at the moment anyway. i have a resting heart rate of 53 which is mashalah in the athlete range. so they must have thought i 'imgained' the pain.

But the pain i'm feeling is in the central region of the chest and it lingers around before passing.

Malika   

^Your not having a heart attack- your here typing your ordeal.. smile.gif

Is there something in your mind? - your anxious about something perhaps??

ps You said your a sports man? Hmmm- google angina pectoris symptoms- insha'allah kheyr.

i'm still here folks, thank god. Its probably nothing serious, and i just hope it goes away. anyway got an appointment with the family doctor in the morning. so inshallah she can give me all clear or refer me to a cardiologist if the pain is still lingering.

theres a new baby due anyday now in the family. and you know what they say about new arrivals followed by deaths :D

sorry about my morbid sense of humour icon_razz.gif

There is this man in my neighborhood, he had a chest pain and was released from work to take some rest ,,,, on his way home the pain increased ,,, when he reached home he tried to lay down little bit but it was only few more minutes before he died ............

Now be careful ......... :D

nuune   

^^ dat is not a laughing matter waryee :D

Abaay-Heeleey :D his pain increases as long he keeps punching his eyes :D

Ismahaan   

Walalo chest pain can be the result of many non-life-threatening conditions also known as non-cardiac conditions, most of which are less serious but should not be ignored for any reason.

Don’t worry, Insha Allah you'll be fine.

Good luck tomorrow.I hope you get the news you're looking for. :cool: