Sign in to follow this  
Abdinuur

DATIN' OUTSIDE...

Abdinuur   

Ladies, whatchu ya'll think of guys that are datin' other races like white girls, A-Americans, Asians, etc?

And guys can also respond to this: Whatchu ya'll think of our Somalian sistas datin' other races and so forth...?

Personally, I don't think there's a problem with datin' other races, but I am sure that I will marry a Somalian woman Insha-Allah went the time is right. But in the meantime you know...lol...I do whateva...lol...

But honestly, I wanna know if there is anything wrong with it...Is it a good idea datin' outside the race...and how would your parents feel about it (cuzz you know, you might fall in love with that significant other and decide to marry)...which is a good thing cuzz you know like they say 'love conquers all'...

You may also say something positive or negative about datin' outside the race.

It's all about expressin', you hear.

------------------

"Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday"

Abdinuur   

How do you feel when you see a Somalian man with a White woman? Do you feel as though that brother should be with a Somalian woman? Let`s be real honest.

Hibo   

Salaamu Alaykum

Personally, I don't think there's a problem with datin' other races, but I am sure that I will marry a Somalian woman Insha-Allah went the time is right. But in the meantime you know...lol...I do whateva...lol...

Exactly what do you mean by “whateva”? Do you mean that you gonna do anything you want with the girl just because she is not Somali, meaning you gonna be disrespecting her or playing around with the girl. What people need to realise is that other races deserve just as much respect as the Somali race do, especially if the other race is a Muslim person.

The thing with Somalis is that they see themselves as being superior, I hate the looks I get walking down the road with my parents…the men just stare, whilst the woman say things like “leeeeee firii naagta gaalka that he is with” how do they know that the white woman is gaal, since when did the religion Islam become exclusive to African or Asian people…it really hurts me inside because even though my mother is white, she is a Muslim a religion that she was born with, her parents have been Muslims for 4 generations lol the funny thing is that they say stuff about her right in front of her face thinking that she won’t be able to understand lol the Somali language ain’t also reserved just for Somali people…

To me there isn’t a problem with marrying or dating people from other races as long as they are MUSLIMS!!

Look at me, I'm the product of an interracial marriage...and I turned out just fine alhumdulilah biggrin.gif

Abdinuur   

ResultOfInterracial Aroos,

Appreciate your comment, but don't get me wrong here. When I say 'Whateva,' I don't mean disrespectin' women of other races, and like I said earlier, I don't think there is a problem wit datin' outside the race. Of course there are millions of pretty non-Somalis sistas out there and I am aware of that. Plz, just cuzz the word 'whateva' sounds cornier to you, doesnt mean I disrespect women of other nationalities.

What I meant was '...in the meantime, I'll just date whoever I like no matter what race she is or claims...'

Hope that clarifies something...?

Abdinuur   

By the way, let me get your # and we can talk this over...lol... smile.gif

Most people like to watch the NBA playoffs, cuz it only happens once a year/every 4 years, but I'd rather talk to you cause the chance of meeting someone like you only happens once in a lifetime smile.gifrolleyes.gif.

------------------

"Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday"

Hibo   

Salaam All,

Good topic Abdinuur wink.gif

First of all I have to say that I am not for it or against this whole dating outside the race thing. Well if you are dating a Muslim girl, that is totally fine but.

But the thing I am against is dating someone outside your race PLUS outside your religion/culture. Well I reckon its better and appropriate for people to date their own race. Because 1. They have a better understanding of each other’s cultures and 2. They could also relate to one another if you know what mean.

And its disrespectful how nowadays Somalian guys are dating other races so they could use them now do whatever they want with the girls rolleyes.gif Like ROIA its disrespectful and they deserve as much respect as you would give it to a Somalian girl. If you ain't truthful to her then don't date her.

Salaam smile.gif

unixguru   

Call me hypocritical, but when I see a guy do it, it does not bother me but when I see a ni99a towing around a Somali girl, I get disgusted.

Hibo   

I don't think there is anything wrong with dating/marrying non-Somalis, but as a girl, I would like my children to be fully Somali, to have a tribe, an identity....and so on, and for that to happen I've to marry a Somali guy.

It is easier for guys, whoever u marry (Somali or non-Somali) your children will be predominantly Somali.

lulla   

I think nothing is wrong dating outside ur race as long u are dating that person because ur interest in them. I think most somalian guys date outside race so that they could do things they won't be able to do with somalian girls. after we all know that the rules and the way somalian girls are. and i personally think that's wrong.Dating someone because u know they will have sex with u eventually if u play the game right.

i mean i seen somalians guys with white girls and this guys use those girls for sex and whatever. even one of them told me that.

So nothing wrong what dating other races as long as u treat then like human being and if u fall in love with them teach them ur religion.that all folks!

Buubto   

Asalaamu Caleykum wr wb

Nice topic. I don’t have anything against dating other races unless da person u dating is muslim & u both fellow exactly according to the religion rules. Wat pisses me off is, our men dating other races doing watever they want disobeying Allah’s rules. When they r technically ready to start a life, coming to innocent, decent, religious, cultural somali girl. Not even any somali girl but getting married to good one’s expecting her to be 100% perfect when he isn’t. and our society allows these men to betrayed their sisters. How does dat work? Is time our society stops being sexiest & start being fair.

In the other hand if a somali girl dates other races & disobeys Allah’s rules. Even if she changes & comes back to her own community ppl will always treat her harshly & moreover no men wats to get married to her. How unfair is dat. Why r we always harsh on girls & we aren’t harsh on men? They both commit same sin from Allah’s, why wlc one & betray da other? Surely is b/w them & Allah wat they did. We don’t have to judge them, simply we just have to wlc them & make du’aa for them to become good muslims. If Allah is forgivable why can’t our society be polite & welcoming to both genders?

That is wat I can’t understand. Have nice day. W/Salaam Peace smile.gif

Personally, I won't date/marry outside my race! it's just not my taste..However, If other people want to do it..Hey go for it! but let me remind you Caws jilaal waa lagama huraan!! You can relate with a Somali Person in So many Levels then you can ever do with a non-Somali.

Ma'salaama

Abdinuur   

LadyFatima, I gotta hang wit you girl so you can teach me some Somali...

Sorry for my ignorance but whatchu mean by "Caws jilaal waa lagama huraan!!"

My response is that it is true that you can relate to someone who is a Somali than those that aren't.

Honesita   

Lord.......this is the first time i see a topic like this bein' debated in this really sweet manner......!!!

Personally i prefer somali men more than any other race....!!! For many reasons some of them bein' i share language, look, and culture with a somali man....!!! Of course its xalaal to go for a Muslim fella....but nowadayz thats not how it goes......how many somali sistaz and somali brothaz r with non muslim partners....!!! And most of u have seen the out comes.....how many somali men have kids with non muslim women, what is thier children's fate...cuz most of those men dont last with the non muslim women...!! When u see a somali sistah with a non muslim man, to me her case is a little bit better.....why....cuz if she ever has kids they're gonna be like her....what if she gives touba oneday....her kids will end up with her and she has the chance to raise them as Muslims....!!!

Salaamz

Xafsa   

I agree with honesita, I prefer my somali brotha. But then again other races arent out of the question as long they are muslim.

What disgusts me is when our men are dating women of other religions..this goes for the women also. What do they think they will get out of it? AFter being with white women they com around and tell us we have a huge ass and were too fat!! go figure.

salaam

Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb

“love is blind” that is so true, my mother never thought that she would marry a white man, she never in her wildest dream expected to marry another other then one of her fellow Somalis. lol I’ve even heard stories that my mother was very prejudice when she was young (esp towards white ppl) but then she fell in love with a white man redface.gif so those girls who saying “I won’t date or marry a non Somali man”…u never know tongue.gif

Barwaaqo sis I assure you that I do have “an identity”, just because only my mother is Somali, that don’t mean that I don’t have an identity…when I was young my aunties would ask me questions like “if you were to see two starving men in the street, one Italian and the other Somali, who would you give your money to?” They taught me to always say the Somali man, then one day my mother caught them, and from then on, she always taught me that if I should ever find myself in such a situation, to divide whatever I had in my pocket equally between the Somali and Italian man, as both are my people. Ever since then I wasn't ashamed to be who I was, I am proud to say that I am both Somali and Italian...i got the best of both worlds biggrin.gif

It’s kinda cool not have a qabiil in some ways, lol I love the looks I get from the old men when they ask me my qabiil and I say that I don’t have one; it’s a mixture of utter disbelief or disgust, which is really funny, they just mostly assume that I’m reer xamar with contact lenses.

Xafsa, you say that its ok for interracial marriages to take place as long as both are muslims and that is true, but then you say “? AFter being with white women they com around and tell us we have a huge ass and were too fat!! go figure.” Sis white doesn’t always equal gaal, for sure my daddy weren’t gaal, he was always a Muslim

ROIA hey sis, I turned out fine too wink.gif lol

Ma’Salaama