Sign in to follow this  
Laba-X

Dr Zakir Naik at ExCel....

Laba-X   

Takbeer, Allahu Akbar, Takbeer, Allahu Akbar, Takbeer, Allahu Akbar, the 23,000 strong crowd shouted en masse. Dr Naik, had entered the hall, surrounded by more than 50 Islam Channel volunteers including myself, as he was due to give his speech. The wait was finally over and the Muslim Ummah had, finally, braced themselves for the most eloquent speaker to take the podium.

Before that, Iqbal Saccranie, the head of Muslim Council of Britain, was invited to the stage to deliver his speech. Half the people present there yesterday, walked out of the hall not wanting to listen to him. It was a blow in the face for a rather “prominent†man. Despite the massive walk-out, he continued a speech that was somewhat expressionless and unresponsive. George Galloway, of RESPECT, tough an impressive speaker could not be dragged away from the podium.

After Yvonne Ridley and Ahmed Bukhatir left the stage, people became irritated, and were squirming restlessly in their seats, waiting for Dr Naikstart his speech. When he finally took to the platform, silence spread across the enormous halls. People were lending their ears to him and were completely engulfed by both his wisdom and humour. He has the ability to quote extensively from the Qur’an and Sunnah and even from the Bible.

Concerning the statement “Islam is intolerant†he said, “Yes, Islam is intolerant. Islam is intolerant towards anything anti-social, Islam is intolerant towards racism, Islam is intolerant towards discrimination….â€

“The only reason these powerful nations are scared of us, scared of Islam, is because they know that Islam is the only religion that can bring Peace in this worldâ€

And with that he ended his speech. What followed was a massive uproar.

Takbeer, Allahu Akbar, Takbeer, Allahu Akbar, Takbeer, Allahu Akbar

The day ended with Talaca-al Badru Calaynaa, Min Thaniyaati-l-wadaac… and the crowd of 23,000 people made their way to the exits to witness the fireworks outside.

What a pleasant day, what an environment! To be surrounded by such a number of Muslims was simply remarkable! It was the most invigorating speech, I have heard in my entire life and, indeed, a day that will live in the memory of many a person!

What i did not understand though was the amount of protection given to Zakir Naik and the fuss they made out of it. More than 50 people sorrounded him and barged through the crowd shouting "move out the way". That must have been the silliest thing on the day.

Wa-Salaam!

Totally agree with you bro it was a great day.......Dr Naik was magnificent.I was rather a bit irritated by the Lord Falconer speech....how hypocritical when he has been at the forefront of those lambasting Islam all these years!

The fireworks were great.The kids loved the Nasheeds of Daud and the other south african chap whose name i cant seem to register looooool

nafta   

^^ The nasheeds were very nice indeed. My little sisters got me hooked, so was very pleased to see Yusuf Islam and other groups performing.

The whole event was just amazing. In particular Yvonne Ridley's and Dr Naik's speech. Managed to get a picture of Dr Naik, though someone's big head is obscuring the view. Couldn't be you, Raganimo, could it? icon_razz.gif

What's going on here guyz, I seems as If I missed great talk, not informed us aheard of talk just a feedback :mad: , It soulds like SOLers did attend as well, only me left out in the cold?

What was it about, held where?

Laba-X   

"though someone's big head is obscuring the view. Couldn't be you, Raganimo, could it?"

...Nafta, hooyaan kuu sheegayaa, waad i cayday! i hardly got to the front though i was helping people fill out feedback forms and so on..which means i couldn't possibly be the big-headed person who obscured your shot!

You guys should have told me you were coming though, i would have reseved some VIP tickets for you.

Waryaa Orgi-iyo-Wan-laqe, Do you know that there were other separate conference rooms upstairs where some prominent speakers including American Siraj Wahhaj were delivering their sermons?

Most people didn't go up there because of the capacity of the rooms (200) and how closely guarded they were. There the speakers spoke the Truth and exactly how they felt. On the main podium, they were speaking as the media expected them to!

You've missed a great talk brother Tukaale, but despair not, for there soon will be DVD's and VHS ercording of the event. It's Electronic/Information age remember, nothing can pass by that easily! ;)

The most moving moment, however, was when the woman took the Shahada! Masha-Allah

Thanks Shehe

there soon will be DVD's and VHS ercording of the event.

Absotuley bro Raganimo, Im really looking forward to Dr Naik's, I liked his speeches ever since I use to watch him deliver on Iqra channel.

Electronic age it is, much hope there you give, Thanks