Sign in to follow this  
BUKURR

Somalia Forever

BUKURR   

As far as I know, the vanishing of Muslim's golden age was mainly caused by religious fanatics like Ibn taymmiah and likes, and secondly unfit Amir's getting to power. Though in honest the latter one came first and the weirdo's followed, then the whole scene started to fall.

A distinctive trend has emerged since then, the people become more religious and intolerant -the horror of sunni-shia wars- the rulers got more ruthless and become ocean sunk in corruption, and ofcourse the turban of knowledge was displaced into Europe.

PS. It's good to know that, even as this was unfolding, other parts of Muslim-land were doing well off, but the infection got to them in the end.

BUKURR   

Really.. dude, on what basis do you rate that guy.

Please do not make statements just because you feel that way, but study what you about to say before you say it. Ibn taymmiah was an example of how low intolerant and self righteous a Muslim can get.

Haatu   

He was a scholar of Islam and what he preached was Islam. If you don't like it tough. Just hate on the deen, don't hide behind a great scholar's back.

Sheekada Ibni Taymmiah was a Fanatic may maraysaa? Walee Soomali lagu qasaar. Qaarna waa kuwaas dadka neefta ku celiyey oo qabriyada faagaya. Qaarna Culimadi dhimatay baa laga celin la'yahay.

Who ever said a little bit of knowledge is dangerous nailed it.

Blessed   

My concern is the rights of minorities, if a certain system of Sharia can guarantee in practice the protection of those rights, then I certainly have no problem with it, such as the Malaysian model.

Again, is this because of the principles of the sharia or it's application in some places?

As far as I know, the vanishing of Muslim's golden age was mainly caused by religious fanatics like Ibn taymmiah and likes, and secondly unfit Amir's getting to power.

Interesting! How did Ibn Taymmiyah lead to the down fall of the ummah. Be specific, please....

BUKURR   

Blessed, I will answer your question but later, I don't wanna dwell into this now, I have a catch-up to do.