Sign in to follow this  
Hassan_B

Easy tasty dinner for the bachelor...

Hassan_B   

~2 cups of rice + ~5 cups of water + cardamon + rice cooker >>> press and forget and do something usefull

serve yourself a plate, add 2+ teaspoons of subug saafi from mudug (aka clarified butter or Ghee), add 2+ teaspoons or more of sugar or honey

get yourself a cup of organic milk

viola! easy tasty, good smelling, dinner for the single male or female...

Tomorrow I'll have to figure out what to do with the lamb in my freezer, no doubt I'll be consulting Tammy's website; any suggestions?

Aaliyyah   

^I was only teasing you. cooking is not something people are born with, they strive to better and advance their cooking skills. Just like they improve other aspects in their lives. I don't really love cooking, but I cook...its kind of fun depending on your mood (i mean sometimes I feel like cooking other times I dont really wanna do anything)

salaam

Hassan_B   

^that is if I don't burn the house down first...

I've already moved it from the freezer to the fridge. Be ready for spectacular culinary miracles to be worked! :cool:

osman_nz   

I prefer stir-fry sort of good and im good at cooking it...throw a few steaks on the frying pan..with vegetables...boil some noodles...whilst that happening cutt up some fresh salad and tomatos and cucumbers...enjoy

Aaliyyah   

I think most somali guys who live alone do cook. But, I believe most of them come with the mentality that once they get married they will not bother with cooking, and that its their wives job.

so far thats the pattern I have observed. My aunt married a man who used to cook for her when they first got married. He was so romantic to her and all. After sometime when she had her first child he was like the kitchen is all yours lol...maxaad ii dhibatay hahaha

salaam

Originally posted by Sabriya:

My aunt married a man who used to cook for her when they first got married. He was so romantic to her and all. After sometime when she had her first child he was like the kitchen is all yours lol...maxaad ii dhibatay hahaha

salaam

Unfortunately that is what we call the honeymoon stage.

Tammy's Somali Home

You know so many things can be done with steak. Just slice it and fry with olive oil, chicken cube, and onions. You can eat that with bread.

TIP: IT IS EASIER TO SLICE MEAT WHILE IT IS PARTIALLY FROZEN.

Sukhar

Lets count the calories on this recipes:

~2 cups of rice= 500

~5 cups of water =0

~2+ teaspoons of subug saafi from mudug (aka clarified butter or Ghee)=180

~ 2+ teaspoons or more of sugar or honey=36

get yourself a cup of organic milk=90

Total calories for the night: 806.