Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Are Horn of Africa people Black?

Ismahaan   

MMA Walaalo I agree with most of what you said, I just have a little remark.I’ve never said Somali are descended from Cadanka or anything like that but what I was suggesting was roughly 80% of the Somali population are related to North Africans, Balkans and the Mediterraneans according to DNA testing. Anyhow the only reason I addressed that theory is because it has been a major theory in the scientific community as of late. Actually, genealogy DNA indicates that the whole human race started in East Africa hence other nations are intermixed with Somali rather than the other way round. Somalid is the perfect term for the E1b1b & T lineages. So there is indeed a somalid race and that their natural distinct genetic lineage is E1b1b + T.

--------------------

Somali maryooley therefore are a more ancient race with almost no admixture in their DNA than other Africans who consider themselves pure which is quite ironic because Bantu from the niger, congo delta began in the second millennium BCE, from Cameroon and only reached Horn of Africa recently, while proto -Cushite East Africans (e.g. Somali, afar, oromo etc) where as far south as Tanzania in the 1500BC.

Pre history

‘’Somalia has been inhabited by man since the Paleolithic period. Cave paintings dating back as far as 9000 BC have been found in northern Somalia. The most famous of these is the Laas Geel complex, which contains some of the earliest known rock art on the African continent. Inscriptions have been found beneath each of the rock paintings, but archaeologists have so far been unable to decipher this form of ancient writing. During the Stone age, the Doian culture and the Hargeisan culture flourished here with their respective industries and factories.

The oldest evidence of burial customs in the Horn of Africa comes from cemeteries in Somalia dating back to the 4th millennium BC. The stone implements from the Jalelo site in northern Somalia are said to be the most important link in evidence of the universality in Paleolithic times between the East and the West’’.

Teeda kale waan kugu raac sanahay Somaali are Soomali, madoow iyo cadaan midna lama oran karo. Waayo kuli ma mad madooba , kulina ma cad cada. Marka Soomaalidu waa in aay ku qancaan Soomaalinimadooda oo iska daayaan marna in aay dhahaayn madoow baan nahay marna Carab.

Soomaali baan nahay baa ku filan. smile.gif

Somalina   

Originally posted by General Duke:

The only question I have is what is the definition of Black people?

Someone better answer this question or else icon_razz.gif

Hadda ka kor ayaa islaan red neck ah igu tiri "you are not black", markaas ayaa weydiiyey what she considers black, markaas ayey igu tiri "have you seen those Sudanese folks around town or on the bus, now that is black to me"....I was laughing for an hour.

So based on that story I'm not black yo!. Ciao

Originally posted by Ismahaan:

MMA Walaalo I agree with most of what you said, I just have a little remark.I’ve never said Somali are descended from Cadanka or anything like that but what I was suggesting was roughly 80% of the Somali population are related to North Africans, Balkans and the Mediterraneans according to DNA testing. Anyhow the only reason I addressed that theory is because it has been a major theory in the scientific community as of late. Actually, genealogy DNA indicates that the whole human race started in East Africa hence other nations are intermixed with Somali rather than the other way round. Somalid is the perfect term for the E1b1b & T lineages. So there is indeed a somalid race and that their natural distinct genetic lineage is E1b1b + T.

--------------------

Somali maryooley therefore are a more ancient race with almost no admixture in their DNA than other Africans who consider themselves pure which is quite ironic because Bantu from the niger, congo delta began in the second millennium BCE, from Cameroon and only reached Horn of Africa recently, while proto -Cushite East Africans (e.g. Somali, afar, oromo etc) where as far south as Tanzania in the 1500BC.

Pre history

‘’Somalia has been inhabited by man since the Paleolithic period. Cave paintings dating back as far as 9000 BC have been found in northern Somalia. The most famous of these is the Laas Geel complex, which contains some of the earliest known rock art on the African continent. Inscriptions have been found beneath each of the rock paintings, but archaeologists have so far been unable to decipher this form of ancient writing. During the Stone age, the Doian culture and the Hargeisan culture flourished here with their respective industries and factories.

The oldest evidence of burial customs in the Horn of Africa comes from cemeteries in Somalia dating back to the 4th millennium BC. The stone implements from the Jalelo site in northern Somalia are said to be the most important link in evidence of the universality in Paleolithic times between the East and the West’’.

Teeda kale waan kugu raac sanahay Somaali are Soomali, madoow iyo cadaan midna lama oran karo. Waayo kuli ma mad madooba , kulina ma cad cada. Marka Soomaalidu waa in aay ku qancaan Soomaalinimadooda oo iska daayaan marna in aay dhahaayn madoow baan nahay marna Carab.

Soomaali baan nahay baa ku filan.
smile.gif

This post deserves a 40.gif. Bas, intaas lee kaa rabay.

Kamaavi   

Originally posted by FatB:

Yes they are, most of the white people you are going to find in Africa are in South Africa. That probably explains why they have an actual society. Most of the rest of Africa is full of black people running around raping and killing each other.

Somolis are usually so black they are purple and they rob boats because they hate working so much

Source(s):

I am an Engineer and a Notary so I know everything

looools

smile.gif

BOB   

When I first got to S.A I had a chat with my landlord lady who somehow seemed so interested to know about my background and she blatantly started asking me what race I was.

Now, I look typical Somali (according to my friends...whatever that is) I said to her I am an African, so am I...she replied but I'm also a Zulu woman and Zulus are black.

I am also black just like you and if I told you about my tribe you wouldn't even be able to pronounce it let alone know it.

She had an issue with my name..she said she has two names, one christian and one african, how come I don't have a traditional african name like hers.

as far as she was concerned I wasn't a real african man, for one I had the 'indian religion' unlike real african and most of all I had an Indian name which competely contradicted my claim to Africa and Africanism...naagtu waxaan ka dhaadhicin waayay there were millions of black muslims around the world and Mohammed is not an Indian name nor is the religion indian religion...

Jacaeylbaroow nuxurka sheekadeydu baa waxay tahay waxaad isoo xasuusisay habartii Sophie aheyd ee aan guriga ka daganaa oo dafirtay africanimadeyda and I'm sure if she'd have read this thread, she would've jumped like she used to do and scream on top of her voice....I KNEW IT! :D

Horta adigu ma Somalilander baad tahay mise Somali and what is the difference between the two? what exactly did you say to NGONGE when you were telling him the difference between the two....come on spill the beans. :D:D

Peace, Love & Unity.