Sign in to follow this  
QUANTUM LEAP

Why do Somali entertainers steal our money without perfoming?

Blessed   

^^ Allah - don't tell me about stonebridge. I once went to an Awaise Khamiis riwayad where we almost got killed by the security. Apparently there was beef between the Somalis and the yardies in that hood. Alxamdulilah - i got out of that in one piece - but like ppl said theyse ppl don't care about us... I remember another Jubba riwayad the security treated the Somali youth like they were dogs - and the organisers idn't even care....!!

me personalty isn't feeling that scene no more - but for those who are - i think ya'll need to demand your respect - don't waste your money in some1 that isn't concerned about your safety ...!!

Rokko   

Most ppl out in the west dont' get the chance to sit meet in mosques/markets/suuqa xoolaha/kawaanka/bacadlaha and teashops or happen to be neighbors etc. Not having all the above left us with hardly any choices but to pay regardless of how artistic or how well they perform. In another words xaliimos/farax's get the opportunity to meet up and hollar @ each other as they do here na'mean.

Som@li   

^^ i agree with you, Riwaayadaha is socail for somalis,,

All those hassles and mistreatments u face at riwaayadaha are there, i once happen to be the organisers at one concert in 1999,i have never seen a crowd so misbehaving in my life, they had no respect for us,

Ameenah wrote:

Jubba riwayad the security treated the Somali youth like they were dogs -

Have u asked urself why they did?,i noticed most somalis had no respect the rules ,guidelines u set,and u can't beleive all the things we faced that night,and i decided never to be involved.

And the other thing was that most of them were thinking as if we were there to extort money,and were not willing to pay.

so bros and sis,, the organisers,entertainers are not the only one to blame.

we have long to go to see perfomances whre everthing goes orderly.

Blessed   

^^^ your telling me that there was no balatant racism on the part of the security that night?

You know, thats the same excuse the organiser used when we complained about it - I'm really tired of this 'Somalis are trash' type of attitude from some Somalis who think they are better than everyone else....I'm sure those guards held everyone there as people who in your own words

had no respect the rules ,guidelines u set

!

The problem with us - is that we are too busy looking down on our own - that we fail to see what's going on around us. I'm not saying that all Somalis are perfect - but expectations of people, has a huge impact on their behaviour. If all we tell the youths is - somalis lack order and balaayo - than thats all you can expect from them!

Warmoog   

The lack of quality in Somali concerts isn't much of a problem for me. Not that I attend many to begin with, but we have to understand the people organizing these shows are not P. Diddy or any other filthy-rich celeb. What vexes me, however, is when you hire a fanaan to perform at a social event and they take your money, but they never actually show up. Hassan Aden Samatar has done this on several occasions. (I've heard of people in the States whose weddings he ditched.) At other times, when he doesn't like the vibe/atmosphere of the place (apparently he's moody), he just hums the lyrics... song after song. :eek: Talk about entertainers stealing our money, it's pure xaasidnimo.

P.S.- Never pay in advance for a service when all you have is a verbal contract. You're pretty much stamping the words 'take advantage of me' on your forehead. ;)

Salaama.

Ameena u just said it all .....most of these organisers actually do encourage these security folks to manhandle the somalis and ofcouse as usual we still have to take their crap at the same pay for being manhandled too....

I used to really get so pissed off I sometimes thought these so called security guards with their henchmen (mali wimps) who really dishonoured their folks when they themselves would face the same kinda atittude if they went to another one elsewhere.

Basically one of the reasons I started this episode was bse we as Somalis should gain respect from not only our own but also other people from different communities.

Stand for your rights n never take shiiid from anyone and possibly do it via affirmative action ...

How right u r! How precise are your views…

But the suckers to blame are the common Somali “Qaxooti” who don’t know between quality entertainment and parasitic, selfish, self centered, classless and quality less imposters, who blindly pays $20-$50 per cheap Shaw.