Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Holly Quran burning stunt: the day after?

Fla. City, Church in Standoff Over 9/11 Koran Burning

081310_church_397x224.JPG

GAINESVILLE, Fla – A Florida church that was denied a permit for its controversial plan to burn copies of the Koran on Sept. 11 says the book burning will continue anyway.

The Dove World Outreach Center drew international attention after announcing its plan to burn copies of the Islamic holy text on church grounds to mark the ninth anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

Gainesville city officials denied a burn permit for the center Wednesday, saying an open burning of books is not allowed under the city's burning ordinance.

But in an e-mail sent out later that day, the church said, "City of Gainesville denies burn permit -- BUT WE WILL STILL BURN KORANS."

"Things like 9-11, Fort Hood, and the honor killings... these are possibly not isolated incidents," Dove World Outreach Center pastor Terry Jones told MyFoxOrlando.com last week. "These are things that, if we don't stand up now, they can increase."

who has written a book titled "Islam is of The Devil" and sells T-shirts bearing the same message — says even the death threats he's received over the plan won't drive him to scrap it.

"We have thought about it, about the danger in holding the controversial event, and we realize that whenever we made this step, that this kind of thing could happen," he said. "But we feel it's that important, and the times call for some kind of radical measure in standing up."

Interim Fire Chief Gene Prince said the church will be fined if it holds the burning.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

FatB   

Images of over emotional zealous indian and Pakistanis rioting on the streets of new deli and Islamabad will be splash in the screens of cnn/ bbc and co - looking forward to it

N.O.R.F   

Non Muslims with copies of the Quran? And they say they're going to burn the books? Instead of doing all kinds of other things to the Quran they're going to burn it?

Hmmmm

These rednecks dont know whats good for them wallahi. Besides, how does disrespecing the Holly Quran proof anything? Other than they're ******* animals? Even hardcore Muslim exteremists dont pull shit like this. Watch them cry a river once some crazy Muslims take this sweet opportunity and blow them up. They are inviting trouble to their sweet cushioned lives.

LOL@ JB, you are a hardcore. I didnt know you listen to Snoop Dog.

Run motherfuker run

I wouldnt be the nigga I am

If I didnt pop Niggas in their mouths Goddamn!

Run nigga run, Duck nigga Duck

Run Nigga, run nigga

This song is sick! I used to love it.

FatB   

^loools sorry i just had a image of you with a celery stick on a treadmill bobbing your head to this :D

Ibtisam   

This is quite postive, burning the quran is a respectable means of disposing of it! When I need to get rid of something with Allahs name or an old Quran, burning is the way rather than putting it in the bin. Back in the day they use to wash the ink off or burn it. I really don't understand the outrage. :confused:

That aside the 9th is Eid, muslims will busy with that, so no outrage to show on TV.

All in all, I am happy that they are not doing something disrespectful.

^^^Ibti : has made a great point, burning the Holly Quran is the one way to dispose of it.

However its Muslim lynching time right now in some parts of the US. Just the usual racist hiding behind 09/11...

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

quote:Originally posted by General Duke:

^^^Blessed has made a great point,

I didn't know you dream of Blessed that much ,,,,,
:D
What on Earth are you talking about?