Suldaanka

A poet for this age

There are certain poets that stand out from the crowd when everyone else is stuck in a merry-go-around sort of cycle. 

I see this poem as a challenge to the educated people, the religious community and the so called traditional leaders to show leadership and stop bickering like Dhoorey tirsanaysa. 

• Thanks 1

galbeedi   

It is a good poem.

Dad yahaw loo soo tashaday

Iyana sii kala tashaday

Intaa tashataan mar uun

Xaqa aad tabanaysaan

In mar uun aad timaamataan

Miyaa ka talaaalan tihiin.

It is a good observation . The people became cattle while the elite is looting them in the name of government. When was the last time people collectively demanded anything in Somaliland?.

Speaking of poems, Somalis especially those in Hargeisa , or I should say southern Hargeisa have an extraordinary talent of composing poems that touch the souls of the people. 

Here is another Nimco Qorane type which I consider a poet laureate of these young generation.

• Thanks 1

galbeedi   

I know most of the population here in SOL are old guys like me, but if there is anyone 25 or 30 years old who happen to be single and hears this poem , you should get a ticket and find this lovely young Somali poet and ask her hand from her father.

She is an original Somali. 

Maariin dhalaal xiga waa midabka soomaalida.

I never liked those who color their face to make it  " Casaan" or white. 

Maxay tidhi gabadhii heeseysay, " Ragii ma adiga ka hadhay"

galbeedi   

She is talking about her land and people, yet OOdweyne and company want to cage her in her village.

Xamar lagama baaqdee

Beerihii afgooyaan

cambihii bislaagiyo 

babay kaaga guri lahaa.

Bartii laygu dhalay iyo

hawd baalahiisaan

Ku bariisan lahayd.

Thinking big makes you intelligent.

gooni   
5 hours ago, galbeedi said:

It is a good poem.

Dad yahaw loo soo tashaday

Iyana sii kala tashaday

Intaa tashataan mar uun

Xaqa aad tabanaysaan

In mar uun aad timaamataan

Miyaa ka talaaalan tihiin.

It is a good observation . The people became cattle while the elite is looting them in the name of government. When was the last time people collectively demanded anything in Somaliland?.

Speaking of poems, Somalis especially those in Hargeisa , or I should say southern Hargeisa have an extraordinary talent of composing poems that touch the souls of the people. 

Here is another Nimco Qorane type which I consider a poet laureate of these young generation.

Galbeediyow
Ciyaalkan aad tilmaamayso inantaas qiimaha badan laguma halayn karo nin culus bay u baahantahay.

Tanu odayaasha qudhooda bay sii kala reebaysaa.

Ma u malaynaysaa oodweyne inuu agteeda istaagi karo?

@galbeedi

I heard waa la mehersaday. Don't quote me thought. :D

With regards to her work, most of her poems are based on fiction. I mean, she talks about lala-land from a by-gone era - barisamaadkii. 

Anyone that skips the reality and dwells in a dream is just full of sheeko-baralay. 

That said, the poem you have posted here is a good one nonetheless. 

This is Cabdilahi Xassan Ganney (Xassan Ganney's son). He is a poet in his own right. One of the leading song writers of this age. 

• Thanks 1