Sign in to follow this  
STOIC

Tired of Somali Headline News

STOIC   

One could find much to quibble about the recent “Islamist†took over of Somalia, but there is much to rejoice! I personally have some objection to their “Wahabism†tactics, but I think there is much to celebrate for their effort of bringing peace to that side of the world. The western boys are worried of Islamist making Somalia safe heaven of terror while I am personally worried about the deranged US limitation of foreign country sovereignty. Somalia was once the stage of superpower rivalry during the cold war. Today it is becoming the hot topic of every discussion forums. This is the same country that set the failed experiment of the US international intervention of peace keeping in a foreign land. Will it become again the first failed state of war on terror? Can one draw history on anology?

What doesn’t it mean when the US says Somalia needs a secular democratic government? How did they reasonably determine that a government run by this “Islamist†will not bear any inclusion of its citizen? I believe Somalia is at its best time for now. I believe this will be the foundation of a democratic government. Somalia has today the chance to provide a government that will provide an effective participation of its citizens. This is a country that has been ruled under a despotic leadership of few thugs who were ruling at the mercy of the international world. Somalia doesn’t need rulers who can display a show of “democracy†and “electionâ€. What Somalia needs is a leaders that are true to their principle conviction. This is a more demanding thing after fifteen years of blood shed. Among the desirable thing that Somalia needs today is honesty, fairness, courage and love between its people. It is not the responsibility of the United State to determine who is better qualified to rule the country. It is the people of Mogadishu to Balaad Xawo that should speak of their interest.

Every nation had its sequence of the time of arrival of its democratic rule. No nation was born with a perfect democratic society. Let me put it this way. Somalia will eventually come up with a democratic government. The Somalia that I have in mind is one that will elect representatives in free fair and frequent elections. May be The “Islamist†will not achieve this dreams, but time will come when their foundation will display a variety of choice. I am moved by optimism. The foreign intervention of Somalia will less likely develop a democratic government. It is the choice of the Somali people. Experts have it that democratic governments are more likely to develop in a homogenous society.