Sign in to follow this  
Johnny B

Borama dawo dacalada !!

Johnny B   

Last sunday i was invited at a Somali wedding, a rare event in my otherwise boring, poor in Somali events life,it was taking place in a small town in the countryside.

There i was among my fellow countrymen and women, the food was hmmmm,delicious,the music was load karaoke.

Sweden is cursed by the lack of known Somali singers,i was told.

Nonetheless, the dance-floor was full of dancing people, almost everybody was there except the "ukhtis" who were sitting politely on their corner untouched by the rhythm of the music.

my chances of seeing a dancing "ukhti" were nill i thought.

Earlier the day , i told my girlfreind who was dying to accompany me to this wedding to stay, a decision i was regretting at that moment .

There was this wife of a "qaldan" freind of mine,who knows me in person, dragging me everywhere including to the dance-floor where i was dancing to a tune i never heard before having a phony smile on my face.

i rather leave the way i was dancing to your imagination,but it must been wrong in a way to have caught the attention of the people who were dancing near us.

I was the happiest soul on that hall when a dark voice announced the arrival of the bride and the groom, people lined up to welcome them while a probably famous tune (everybody was singing it) was playing.

This i beleive was an "inter-clan" wedding, so the karaoke was well blended by a young DJ.

There was i enjoying occational 80s soul tune combined with one Somali tune i recognize.

I was watching an almost empty dance-floor, imagining who in that dance-floor resmebled Ahura,Ngonge,Rahima,Xiin,Bisharo,Calypso,Sheh,Liban,Fayruz,Khayr,CW,Socod_badne,Born friday,Atlas, Kooleey,Blessed,Idil or Castro, when a song that filled the dance-floor with people including "ukhtis" was played.

I was loosing my chin by the moves ´beeing made in that dance-floor, the magic song went like this:

" dawo dacalada, [your home town/city] dawo dacalada !".

Almost each and every somali city/town was named in that song except my birth place. :(

Later that night , i´ve been wondering if that song could be swapped by the national anthem.

Johnny B   

^^ Kooley , No shit, there was this girl who owned the dance-floor, she sure coppied a move or two from ya. :D

CW,For some weird reason, Borama was the city/town repeatedly named in that song. icon_razz.gif

i´ve enjoyed myself so much i´m planing to go next one. ;)

BTW, were you the one with the short-dirac? everybody else had a loooooooooooooong colorful dirac. icon_razz.gif

Castro   

JB, I must understand this obsession you have with Borama. First you claim you were raised there, then you infilterate a Boramian wedding. What's next? You'll come out of the closet and declare yourself openly khaldaan? :D

Going to a wedding reminds one (married folks) of just how many single women are out there. :(

Johnny B   

^Atheer, name Borama and you get each and every hair in my hairy body stand up,something is so special about the place. :D

I can only tell ya that the females overnumbered the males, but then i coulden´t tell who was single n looking , who was sadly married n flirting or who was celibate. :D

Bisharo, Neither Xamar nor Baidao was named. :(

There this girl who was teasing every steaming hunk in the dance-floor, sajaqanad in her moves, i´ll leave earlier next time u show up at a wedding i´m present. ;)

Castro   

Originally posted by Johnny:

^Atheer, name Borama and you get each and every hair in my hairy body stand up,something is so special about the place.
:D

Hmmm. Still the mystery remains unsolved. I don't have that jidhidhico and its my ancestral homeland. Something is fishy about your longing, saaxib. There must be a Xalimo involved. :D

Johnny B   

^^ I´ll have to run a DNA test on ya in that case,you can´t trust anybody since the Exodus Atheer!! :D

Well, I´d choose a Borama girl over Las Anod girl , but it ain´t about Xalimos. icon_razz.gif

Castro   

Originally posted by Johnny:

^^ I´ll have to run a DNA test on ya in that case,you can´t trust anybody since the Exodus Atheer!!
:D

I would test negative for the antibodies atheer. :D

Well, I´d choose a Borama girl over Las Anod girl , but it ain´t about Xalimos.
icon_razz.gif

Fascinating. I'm afraid I'll have to disagree with you though. LA cannot be touched in the entire nation.

So if it's not a Xalimo, what is it then?

Johnny B   

^^ If i told ya that i quarterly descend from the royal family who used to rule the old kingdom in Borama you woulden´t beleive my Xamari a$$,nor would you beleive me if i told ya that it was about an irresistable hot Borama mama, so lemme break the bad news on ya , I´m a Rayale supporter. :D