Sign in to follow this  
Ms DD

Things You always wanted to know the answer to

Ms DD   

Salaam

I have many questions in my head that I couldnt/have no answer for. Maybe you guys may know the answer.

Question: How old is Ngonge? smile.gif ..

Seriously now:

Why do we have nails?

Ms-DD-Now I'm trying to cal your age....LoooooooL

Of course Xoqosho, picking, tearing, gripping, and helps us handle things with greater dexterity.

Afromantic....You have till Ramadan to exhaust that. And why do we need to know what ppl are doing :confused:

Ms DD   

If I am honest, There is nothing sweeter than gossip but we have to try hard not to succumb. But why do we like it?

Still not satisfied with your answer Che. Ps> Nice pictures on fb. Do we a potential great lobbyist in our midst? We need one of those.

^Let's pull your nails out then with the least possible pain. Thanks Walaal. I don't think Maryooley could afford a lobbyist in D.C. or could rally around a common cause. I went to these two lobbyist firms literally overlooking the White House. You can't believe how much influence and money these people have.

Ms DD   

Lacagta waa waxii la isku dhaafey. It oils the machine very well. The thing is: If a Somali becomes millionare, should he lobby the big guns for the greater good of his country? Does it happen?

^Lacagta moves mountains in D.C but waxa kaloo la isku dhaafey maskax, dadnimo iyo dadaal. A Somali millionaire can definitely lobby the big guns, but he needs his constituent behind him.FAR KALIYA FOOL MA DHAQDEE. After all, the politician or party being lobbied needs votes delivered on D day. In case point, the Cuban community down in Miami have for decades now succeeded rallying against the sanctions on Cube being lifted. With their money, intellectuals, and voters, they managed to convince both political parties to continue exerting policy that no longer make any sense and is actually detrimental to US businesses.

While I was in D.C, we were sharing the same hotel with members of American Israel Public Affairs Committee. We talked to few them and they admitted the Jewish vote won't go Obama's way as long as he doesn't endorse many things that they felt is essential to Israel's existence. The very next day, Obama addressed this group, and went as far as saying unified Jerusalem would be capital of the State of Israel.

So one needs not just money, but unified community with common interest. In the States, there exists Somali people, but there is no Somali community. People become invisible in America if they don't exert themselves as community with common goals willing to mingle and duke it out with the best of them.

chubacka   

hahahah thnxs cl...i was looking in wonder when my line manager walked up behind me redface.gif

i dnt know wot he thought...