Sign in to follow this  
Janna

Australian Corner

Janna   

This topic is not attributed to John Howard, his hatred towards Muslims living in Australia but rather the Australian members writing on this board. It's wonderful seeing so many Somali Australians voicing their opinions in regards to many issues. It's important as a community to fight against the influences damaging our society.

Would it not be magnificent to finally see who Rokko is? And what he does? :D I'm not suggesting we all meet up. Though it would be splendid if Nameless did really have a name. Cracking down everyone's names, age and occupation would be a diffcult for one person to do. Australian users are multiplying. Not many are willing to display their location in fear of been noticed.

I was planning a pretend Islamic Lecture, knowing many people would turn up, the majority been members from Somaliaonline. I had wanted to post it on Somaliaonline but that's a form of fraud in Islam. So I soon dismissed the idea. Instead of tricking people, I thought perhaps we could arrange some sort of function. Should it be held in La Porchetta or Nando's? In Melbourne or Sydney? If not in a restaurant then perhaps in a Hall. The lovely girls from Somaliaonline can make dinner for the guys. I'm sure we have great cooks wanting to be discovered. This will be a new experience for me. :D

Australian members voice your ideas, share it. Make it heard.

ALexus

Organising Manager

Jamilah   

What an interesting proposal Zarqa, the kind of idea only you would come up with ;) . I am not sure about meeting up though icon_razz.gif , that would undoubtedly ruin the fun. I think the whole anonymous aspect of it makes it interesting (after all some of us may be unwittingly acquainted, as unlikely as it may seem).

nemo   

Though it would be splendid if Nameless did really have a name.

What is wrong not having a name???

I would rather be nameless than call myself by a car or a hinna product...don't you think?

And I agree with Jamilah meeting I am not that fund off....though would be interesting to see what ALexus does with life, what she studies?

I could be seating next to her in a Lecture and not even know.

ScarFace   

whats the somali population down in aussie land I heard its quite huge... I bet you lot got the funny accent alrighty matey :D

Saalixa   

Scar face that made me crack for real....

Zarqa i will not tell u my location. lol

Sister not all of us live in the same city as you might think. Some of us are scattered from perth YES (alot from perth) some sydney and also mel.

I think you are a melbournian huh... unless you going to pay for my ticket by qantas freight (dont be cheap and send my on firgin) it is difficult to come a place of meeting.

But i would like to see some aussie mates in here :eek:

Hayat   

What a brilliant idea!. although i agree with Jamilah that we should maiantain the whole annonymouys aspect, i have come up with incentives, here we go.

1.i think that we should have a "awards night" of the most charismatic Aussie participant in this forum, but instead of having it at a function, as people like "rayaana" are too cheap, we will enable them to view it from the comfort of their own homes(i.e. on this actual forum). the criteria this award will cover, includes:

best motto(personally i love scarfaces, pity he is not Aussie), most classic post(in all sections), etc..But beware Articulation and control of expression must be evident from your pieces.

2. i think that we should also have a modified version of the "weakest link". in where individuals from different states compete to become the most "athlete state".the competition should be broad an cover alot of aspects i.e. general knowledge, sports, community etc.

3. we should also play match-making, and crown the queen and king of aussies.(this will only be in cyberspace, don't worry they don't have to end-up with each other. just voting based on the nomads that complement each other).

thats about it....... Roll with the ideas Aussies. p.s. i was going to say that the winners should all win a holiday destination.....(and possibly report back on familiar faces). but i will let it go. ;)

Saalixa   

I'am too cheap??? Lets see who really makes it to any place?? be money wise or more personal and then we will see who is cheap! Anyone who is going to believe in cyper space ideas like these is just foolish

Vibe, just after all those criterias are met wake me up from my sleep.

Raage   

yeh im an member from down under....

but what does that matter does it change our points of view towards things?....maybe some

such as how british accents are way worse than aussies they sound like fish....(unusual comparison?...think about it).

anyways for yall in PERTH....u should know me...

And yall from Braybrook 99-01...yall know me 2 tha rest u prolly flemington charactors or Sydneyanz...

peace

And ever u were in need of Pommy as a guest of hounor look no further .. my fees are very reasonable, and of couse 1st class tickets are standarad in my industry .. Emirates not Qantas.

on the other hand if u were in UK ...then they would have a funding organisation that would be hapy to pay for a young somali gatherings .... a sure such things exist in Assue land ... or apply to the Commenwealth , young exchange programs ... they'll pay for Rayaan tickets.

can you invite Lippy from Neighbours i had a huuuge crush oh her

Intel   

Zarqa :D

tremendously delighted with the ever-growing numbers of Aussies here smile.gif

i have met few of my fellow SOL Melbournians

about 4 i believe including my man (Mr John So) Legend of Zu :D briefly…he seemed nice bloke.

sorry mate i couldn’t stay for a short natter I had to take the girls home..

must say congratulations on a job well done sxb

Hayat   

Rayaana.........why would i be so cruel and wake you up when all the criterias have been met, when you urself could be a potential candidate. We aussies-we don't do that to each other.....no sir...what i will do though is tell you what you are nominated for. yep, i have decided we need a new criteria called "the most uncool individual"

. yep, your in the running lady..........so keep being "uncool" and complain about these wonderful ideas that will provide a harmonius bond between fellow aussies and you will surely be a winner!!.

yahoo-Uk- don't worry australians always reseve some seats for "pomps", as demonstrated by tony and his experiences of growing up in Adelaide pomps are held very dear.

don't know about Libby though. on a final note: Ragee, this aussie corner is not meant to change your views towards anything but facilitate a

bond between aussies. ciao, or should i say "aussie,aussie, aussie...... ;)

yo! its ur boy herr, keepin it real u know i got nuttin but luv 4 my walaalo's in australia especially those in perth and melbourne.

Raage? from perth? whats up bro yo back from hargeisa i hope it was a good experiance 4 u bro.

Janna   

The Commonwealth games have come and gone. Waste of tax payer’s money. The Victoria premier, Steve Bracks, refuses to inform Melbournians amount spent on the games. Since Melbournians are doing so little perhaps I shouldn't stress this issue.

I would like to thank everyone for contributing to the topic. Everyone is disagreeing to my suggestions and failing to come up with any.

Jamilah, Nameless, Vibe and Rokko thank you for making comments however suggesting new ideas would be very helpful. It's a great shame bigger Australian members have yet to voice their ideas. One and Only, please stay away from this thread if you wish to make no comments. Save space for those who wish to.

It would be superb if Non-Australian Somali's would steer clear from this thread :D