Sign in to follow this  
Somalicentric.

Fond memories of Eid.

Ciid day, circa 1986, at home among with brothers and a sister. Can one guess which one MMA is? :D [No, I am not the Larry King wannabe one with suspender.] :D

Brothers and a sister at home again.

I remember that day like it was yesterday. My sister (the one in red dirac) took tons of pictures that Ciid day, today the pictures scattered around the world along with my siblings.

Pictures waa laga saaray. The post achieved its purpose. Only good SOLers had seen it. Gadaal ka gaariyaasha looma ogala inay arkaan. smile.gif

Aaliyyah   

^^ ka khamiiska xidhan ee okiyaalaha madow gashan..? :D

ok am kidding ur probably one of da babies since ur 28..at the time u were around 5 yrs old? maybe?

my eid memories ....I remember having fun with the family ..always getting new dresses.getting everything I wanted...those were teh fun times.

salaam

p.s. can't believe u put up ur family pics...lol

Waa iska caadi. I hope the sister in red dirac doesn't see this. Hayeey. :D

Haye, you two, how old were you in 1986? I know Daa'uud dhaybar u xirnaa then, but you too as well? :D

Again, guess again. Hint: I am not in the second picture nor being kan ookiyaalaha iyo qamiiska qabo. I dislike qamiis, never wore it in my life.

Aaliyyah   

lol lets hope your sister does not.

1986..I did not exist, see you folks are too old. icon_razz.gif

I already said u'r one of the little ones. Maybe the one holding his hands together and looking up??

Aaliyyah   

The kid I described I think is also on the second pic and he said he was not in the second pic so you might be right Adam.

I was born in '87. am a year younger than you...not that it matters....bt somalis say nin gu' ka wayn waxbadan ayuu ku dheeryahay.. :D

Chimera   

You are alot wiser than me Aaliyah, that stup1d year i have over you was a blank one, nothing informative about it other than the taste of babyfood.

Kamaavi   

War indhahaaba igu daalay sidaan MM usoo saar isu laha :D Abti ka yar ee usii jeeda xaga ka weyn ee indho saraacadka qaba.

Sow lama helin icon_razz.gif

MMA, nice photos. I love your older siblings' dress sense.

I would have guessed you were the second from right boy in the second photo but you already negated that. Kaa waad isu eegtihiin laakiin, aad iyo aad. I mean from what I remember of you.

PS: I recently came across some photos from the last time you were in London. Blue Ocean @ Haringey. Gosh, feels like ages ago now.

Oh. You still have them. Waaw. I used to have its negatives, I think I still do somewhere though hadn't come across them long. Waagaa wiilka ahaa waaye sawiradaas. :D

Yaaka muuqdo sawirada taloow? I know you, Blessed, Paragon, Marxuumkii Max'ed Ismaaciil, Sophist, Shaqsi, who else ka muuqdo sawirada? I remember it was a long table that on that restaurant on that evening with a dozen people, umm...

That boy isku egnahay is my immediate older brother, laakiin never thought inaa isku ekaan karno, even in my childhood. Ar muxuu feer iyo suxul ii laabi jiray.

He lived and lives in London since '90 marka amaa iskaga hor imaateen somewhere in London. He still looks the same.

The older brothers had a fashion sense. Waagaas ayuuba suspender gishan jiray ka waran. What I wonder is that if one looks back those old family pictures from pre-war Soomaaliya, not only ours but overall, the dress styles ee gishan jireen dadkaas waala yaabeysaa, how they had that sense of styles. Compared to now, how lame.

I just removed the pictures now, though. Don't want them to be locked into thread and can't edit it later as I intended show them in a temporary.

Farancab, Aaden ayaa sheegay waa hore qofkaan ahay. Nice try, though. :D

LoL, yeah I was surprised I had them too. I came across them when sorting out my stuff a few months ago, before I left London.

Oh there were a few more on top of those you mentioned, Nin Brown and Sujui, Winger and Ex-Dane, and a couple of other people who haven't posted in years.

I think if I had crossed paths with your brother I would have mistaken him for you. About the fashion sense, I know what you mean. Previous generations had better style than us. I wish my mum and aunts had kept their clothes from the 70s and 80s, I would have been rocking authentic flares and maxi dresses now.