Sign in to follow this  
Sky

Black People Loot, White People Find

Originally posted by HornAfrique:

Honestly black folks are their own worst enemy. We can all be angry at the Bush Administration for their slow action, or inaction for that matter, but African Americans in this country need to have been woken up a
loong
time ago. Black folks live in a cycle; grandparents lived on welfare, parents raised you on welfare, and you are forcing your kids to be raised on welfare! We can ALL complain about the system, but why depend on the system? If the system is treating so badly, why not free yourself from the social and financial slavery you face under the system? I will not generalize nor stereotype, but African American need to learn
school
is the only way they can effectively turn the system to their advantage and that has got to start somewhere! Just go to any high school in the continental US and you will see why these people continue to be forced down by a system they partly help in turning against them.

We, Somalis, came here largely as immigrants and for the most part live off better then most of African Americans. Our young folks really strive to recieve a higher education, but then again alot of others don't.
They
are setting theirselves up for just the exact modern slavery African Americans live under. I have no doubt that in a generation or so, Somalis will be living apart from each other across town. Half will be living in public housing projects that their parents, who had no choice in the matter, raised them up in while the other half will be living in the affluent, wealthy part of town simply because they beat the system when they seeked higher education. Anaguna taas ba inoo soo socoto, waxba African Americans yaanu la yaabin.

Horn, I’d have to disagree with you on the general analysis you gave out there. What you have said has truth written all over it, but its just part of the problem (Your solution is great, schooling ala all that). It’s not all about welfare. The welfare system in the US is slowly being eradicated in most states, I think there is a limit as to the number of years one can be on welfare, am not sure if that’s the case for Louisiana.

Its lack of jobs, criminal records, lack of education and just plain ol discrimination (we are talking about the Deep South here) among many other social issues.

How can a young African American get a job (a decent one), if he has a felony on his record? How can a young A.A man get a decent job when he has no education? How can a young AA man get a decent job when he has no role model?

What happened to the role model one will ask? Well, he/she is probably in jail,

Why is he in jail? Probably for a crime he never committed. When he gets out, who will ever give him a job? What will be of the sons and daughters of such fathers?

Everyone wants to better themselves in America, I don’t think its discrimination per se, but it’s something else. I don’t know what it is as I am no social expert. But it’s surely something Americans need to address. If it’s about discrimination am sure no black person would have ever made it in the USA, including immigrants.

Obviously there is going to be sociological and psychological effects of slavery, segregation and discrimination on a population that’s 300+ years behind the white folks.

It’s a Dominos effect; one cannot entirely blame it on welfare.

smile.gif

NGONGE   

Take your fight here boys.

Last I tried, Sky kicked Castro's backside. :D

I got beaten up by Seven of Nine redface.gif

Castro beat Lexis :eek:

I got slapped around by Admin.

The results have been announced now. Let it go boys and girls. Go and pick on someone your size.

Castro   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

The results have been announced now. Let it go boys and girls. Go and pick on someone your size.

Aie aie, captain!

Janna   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Castro beat Lexy :eek:

This was a battle?

I must admit Oflen is immature for his age. How old was he again? 32? He should be picking on someone his own age. Perhaps you Ngonge.

Baluug   

Originally posted by TRUTH_BE_TOLD:

Alexus the marines get ur back let him not scare you. lol....

LOL maaaaan the marines need to stop helping xaliimos on somali websites and get their a$$e$ into Somalia and help fix the damn country!!