Sign in to follow this  
Bambina

Women and Business

Bambina   

Salam Alaykum ,hope u guys are doin'good.I dont know if this topic has been previously posted but I'd like to read ur opinions about it.

I believe some of u came across ,once with a lady who sold diraac , handbags or shoes. Most of the times,either ur mom had some money and purchased what she liked or she was broke and asked the lady to lend her the diraac and promised her dat she was goin'to bring the cash the next day , week or month.

Some people r quite generous and let u take certain goods and of course u have to state ur phone number and address , in case u dont bring the money in due time.

I was just wonderin',if some of u had to sell goods, would u have asked for the money right away and refused to lend anything or would u have patiently waited for the money specially considering the fact that a lot of somali households are livin'on social assistance?

I think it is hard for saleswomen to earn a living ,if they dont lend their goods , they lose clients and if they do the opposite , they might never get their money, its a risky business.

Share ur comments about this.

Akash   

W/Salaam.

Sharshari is not a risky business as i beleive always they make profit for selling dirac and handbags etc but i wonder if there is any Sharshari in this forum

Qac Qaac   

what is sharshari?

Bombina what is the risk... if the ppl are somalies then i would know our culture is to lend them, then they would give it back.. but if they are not somalies i would take the money...

this is culture related, so i am assuming u r talking about our somali ladies the way they sell, dahab, canbuuro,dirac, macuus, catar, xalwad. daah yo. in this case u know the person's name and face and phone # why bother, let him or her borrow it. knowing that person is muslim and will bring it back. if she doesn't bring it back, next time don't lend her anything.