Suldaanka

Kenya invites Ethiopia into endemic border issues with Somalia

Kenya invites Ethiopia into endemic border issues with Somalia

Kenya has sought Ethiopian contribution to resolve issues along its common border with Somalia. The rift recently resulted in Kenya warning her neighbour to desist from acts that bordered on threatening its territorial integrity.

Representing President Uhuru Kenyatta, Kenya’s Minister of Interior; on Wednesday met with Ethiopian Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed in Addis Ababa.

Fred Mataing’i posted on Twitter that they: “held substantive talks … on Kenya’s desire for more avenues of collaboration to tackle endemic issues along the Kenya-Somalia border with the view to enhancing regional stability.”

Abiy is also a close friend of the administration in Somalia. He has hosted the Somali leader on a number of occasions and has attempted mediation of a maritime rift between the two neighbours. The case is to be decided by the International Court of Justice later this year.

It is Matiang’i‘s second high profile visit within the region where he was representing Kenyatta. He had over the weekend been in Mogadishu where he met with Somali president Mohamed Abdullahi Farmaajo.

The meeting came after a phone conversation between Kenyatta and Farmaajo last week, during which the two agreed to deescalate tensions. Kenya’s warning to Somalia was connected to armed inroads by Somali federal forces into Kenya’s Mandera county.

The Somali forces were engaging with forces of the regional Jubbaland forces when the said incursions into Kenyan territory were recorded.

galbeedi   

One man's trash is another man's treasurer.

If this headline and title was written by Galbeedi the response from the paranoid man , OOdweyne, would have been different. the tribal nature of Somalis is that if you choose heaven the wrong tribe might be tempted to take the opposite side and embrace hell.

When I saw the news this morning with my IPhone, I thought the Kenyans are in deep trouble , and now they are begging the Amhara to do something about the Somali government crossing their border to Mandera and creating problems for Kenya. Mostly the fear of Somalia using the Somali NFD card and instigate things.

Last time when the Sawahili Kikuyu had the upper hand, Farmaajo asked Abiy to help him. This time is the other way around.

In our side of the world that is how we see it, a Kenyan state in trouble circling the wagon.  Yet, the fool, OOdweyne,  who writes nothing but insults never read probably the whole story. 

Maybe we need another WEst Burco outlaw to go to the mountains for few months so OOdweyne could hide from SOL for a while . THe day Colonel Caare surrendered OOdweyne came out from the hiding in order for  his Utopian dream to continue and live another day.

He doesn't understand the games politicians are playing. Waran Cadde who was beside Siad Barre just before he left Mogadishu might became leader of Somaliland just like the former intelligence officer Dahir Rayaale. 

I Galbeedi could go home and create my own party and advocate for union. I might Join my favourite politician, Faysal Waraabe and come to Mogadishu together. Hada iska jir oo xisbiyadiina waa la furaye.I am afraid that OOdweyne might die of depression if things change while he is holding an empty bag. I hope he will not be the victim of the maneuvering class of Hargeisa.

We already know that Biixi had sent his clansmen to Mogadishu to intersect with Farmaajo.Who would have thought that a grown and educated man will still think like peasants and eat the sand served by the corrupt politicians who had done nothing to deserve his allegiance.

The border thing is a smokescreen.  The truth behind the whole issue is Kenya elites took money from oil companies with the understanding these companies will explore the Somali sea. The elite cannot pay back those companies considering the slowing economy, the Chinese debt, etc? Plus some of those companies and their countries switched sides and are betting on Somalia with its weak institution and corrupt politicians.

Uhuru has run to Abiy before but no amount of talking will change Somalia's mind.

Che,

Do not forget the fact that Ethiopia and Kenya do exchange information if anything they do or are dealing with is in security and defense.

It happened with Kenya and Uganda. Same Ethiopia with Sudan and Ethiopia with Eritrea.

They have defense pact from 1964 (Remember that is also historical year for Somalia and Ethiopia). This pact unlike other African pacts has worked practically and used by 3 totally different regimes in Ethiopia. King/Derg and EPRDF.

ICU were shocked when Ethiopian troops came through Kenya with all their arms/vehicles as if they were in Ethiopia.

Abiy enjoys face book propaganda and looking like big. It helps any leader with lots of problems at home to talk about different subject.

As for Kenyans, they are the Nigeria of East Africa. Nigeria, Egypt, Kenya..are champions. The Kikuyu women have already bought 200" TVs, Mercedes, Ornaments from India and clothings from Europe....
Some of the men involved might have to commit suicide. Oil needs blood everywhere.