Sign in to follow this  
COSTA

Ethiopian Music

Abtigiis   

Hakiimeenesh, Madhaanitee, Fawaashee nesh (you are my doctor,my medicine, my healer) weeeye JB!

Tamirat Taddesse is the man.

BTW, I still think Somali music is by far better than Amharic (ethiopian) music; but the last decade or so , it is true they had caught up with Somali's and maybe even surpassed.

That Music industry in Ethiopia is growing very fast. I think within another decade or so, they will be in the African top list.

Can you believe there is a copy right law working in Ethiopia ?? ,,,, I couldn't believe walaahi.

It's true that Somali music has suffered in last two decades much the same way as other institutions and infrustructure in the republic.

But the creativity and ingenuity is stil there, we are just in a bad shape now by not having the platform to develop new material/talent (ie.Government).

Ethiopia may be ahead of us when it comes to performance arts (drama) but in I think it will take a while before they could caught up with us in music.

It's true that Somali music has suffered in last two decades much the same way as other institutions and infrustructure in the republic.

But the creativity and ingenuity is stil there, we are just in a bad shape now by not having the platform to develop new material/talent (ie.Government).

Fanka iyo suugaanta dowladii hore ayaa taakuleyn jirtay, oo hiil iyo hoo la daba taagnayd. Mushaarka abwaanada, fanaaniinta, heesaleyda, soosaariyaasha, iskudabaridiyaasha iyo inta kaleba dowladda bixin jirtay mushaarkooda.

Taas ugu wacan hormarin weyn inuu gaaro fankeena, siiba xulka Waaberi oo caalami noqday, dowladda la daba taagnayd maalin iyo habeen.

Marka fankeena soo saaridiisa in uu hoos u dhaco waxee kamid tahay waxyaabaha kale wada dhacay dalkeena.

Heesaha cusub dad qoro iyo alifo rabaan, shaqadooda ahaydna abwaanadii oo ruwaayadaha ku alifi jiray. Abwaanadii wax dhibaato dishay, wax wada geeriyooday iyo wax tooda nolol maalmeedkooda meel u la' wada noqdeen, maxeeba heeso alifaan. Fanaaniintiina sidaas camal, oo wax u alifo waayeen waxooda hore ku noq noqdaan, kuwa cusub soo caanbaxay warkoodaba daa.

And Itoobiya was and is never ahead of us in wax walba, be it literature or ruwaayado. Itoobiya is not even a real nation in the sense of the true word of it. Each ethnic community with that fragmented 'country' has its own culture and sticks with it.

There is an Itoobiyaan channel in the satellite programs I watch, and the few times aan daawadaday that kanaal heeso Soomaali lee ka buuxday. Ma'ogi inay ula dan lahayeen inay Soomaalida soo jiidaan or something, but heesaneena ka buuxday, ka biloow C/qaadir Jubba iyo Xasan Aaden Samatar.

Prinz   

Waa nin aan heesaha Soomaalida wax ka aqoon.

Sxb meel baad nooga dhacday..the national band, Waaberi was the greatest music band in East Africa, libaaxyada geeska afrika bay ahaayeen xaga fanka, and very prominent and leading across the continent, their music work is still unbeatable.

Kool_Kat   

^Ok yarka fanka ku bartay isgoyska Bakaaraha waaku salaamay...Bacaadaa cuni jirtay, anagaa na isaga keen dhigaa inaa fanka wax ka taqaanay waagaan dhulkeenii hooyo joognay...Iska daa dadka preference koodey ka hadleenee wah...