Sign in to follow this  
Intuition

Film Review

Asalaamu'Calaykum,

This evening I went and saw Gothika with my cousin and DAMN. It wasn’t that scary, but with the tension they build up with that darn music it did give fright lol. Walahi man I jumped off my seat and halfway into the air on more than one occasion. It was an OK movie. I mean it did its job, which was to give me a fright. The way that weird girl kept popping up and all. Especially in the pool :( . I didn’t think the story line was all that though. Oh and the ending…I thought that was very dry. Comon whats up with the kid in the middle of the road? I don’t think I wanna see a part II.

I saw Van Helsing last week and I thought that was great. More my style, I dig all that vampire gothical $hit big time. Plus its got a few of our locals in it. With a couple of our aussie boys playing leading roles :D . I want to see Hellboy too, has anyone seen it yet? I also watched a few DVD. Brown Suga was the bomb. So sweet. I thought the basketball player was mighty fine, especially when he sent the roses and cooked her dinner. But Dre was an alrounder. He had the personality and the character. And I finally got round to watching Barbershop one, which I loved as well. Can’t wait for part two. Has anyone seen kill bill? Whats the deal here and is it worth watchin. Was contemplating on watching part one on dvd since part two is out for us here on the big screen. Another one is Motives I saw it on the stand Friday night lakiin didn’t get it, I put next on the list thought, but when we went back the next night to return the others and all the copies were gone :( . so someone give me a review on that one please, and don’t ruin the storyline ok. This thread is completely dedecated to film review. Whats hot and whats not. What things you’ve seen or want to see and what the rest of the SOL think of it if they’ve already seen it.

Wasalaam

OG Moti   

looooooooool fulay .... by the way the kid story shows that she can still see ghosts and she will continue helping dead people to solve their problems...or take revenge for them, peace

Waraa who you calling fulay. lol I know what the kid ment but I just thought it was a little corney, kind of like I Still Know What You did Last Summer, with the whole pulling her under the bed thing ya know. So many sequals lately.

OG Moti   

chicken chicken chicken......... i am sure everyone in the movie house wished if u stayed at home ... and let them enjoy the movie .. fulay .. ala fulay maxuuu dhibaato keenaa.. wali dadka dhibaaa, :D peace

chicken3.php

Curly   

Trust you to post a picture of a deformed chicken, or is that a rooster?!

Akh, I'm never eating chicken again! to think that's how they look when they're feathers are plucked and still alive!

Miriam1   

^^^^ LoooL i love ur signture..Pinky and the Brain! loved that show...*wonders what happened to it*

Movies..

If ur in the mood for a fairytale night I really suggest you see Elle Enchanted..Very Cute..

or on Tape I Capture The Castle..Another Chick Flick.

Monalisa smile-Not worth your 6 bucks to rent

Or Lost In Translation..unless you are going through a Mid Life Crisis..then maybe u will relate..

Movies That I Cant Wait To Watch

Troy..The Myth Comes To Life !

Shrek 2...No explainations needed here..its a Ogre and a talking Donkey lol

And

Val Helsing

I just rented KIll Bill Volume 1 last night. DAMN IT SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BIG TIME!!!!!!!

DONT WASTE UR MONEY ON THIS CRAP!!!!!!!I TURNED IT OFF AFTER 30 MINUTES BECUASE IT WAS NOTHING BUT FLYING HEADS, ARMS, LEGS, FINGERS....... BLOOD GUSHING IN ARCHES LIKE WATER FROM A FOUNTAIN

IT WAS TOO FAKE TO BE SCARY

Asalaamu'Calaykum,

OG_Moti you were not any better. I as i recall you sunk so low on your seat I thought you had actually fallen asleep on our date. But than I heard a soft whimpering sound, and when I bent over to try and make out what it was you were saying, I faintly heard you calling out for what sounded like your mother :( At that point you were no help to my jitters. Heck I had to put on a brave face and tell you "Honey it’s all over you can come out from under the chair now" I'll have to let you pick the movie next time ay :rolleyes:

Jawahiir, too late, I went and saw Mona Lisa Smile the week it came out. Man total disappointment. Lost in Translation isn’t my kind of flick anyway. Sheik II is definitely on the list, I’m going to take my little cousins to see that one. Walahi I can pretty much quote every line from part one because of them. We have the video and they watch it over and over and over again. It was torture I tell you. Van Helsing was great.

Shaabella- Thank you very much, you saved me the trouble of bothering with that movie. I personally hate those overly gruesome flicks, makes them hard to enjoy.

BTW am I the only one in the world that hated Saving Private Ryan? First movie I actually walked out on. I loved Enemy at the Gates though.

Wasalaam.

NGONGE   

DON’T GIVE THE PLOT AWAY, PEOPLE!

I’m yet to watch any of these movies.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

NGONGE   

DON’T GIVE THE PLOT AWAY, PEOPLE!

I’m yet to watch any of these movies.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by Shaabella:

I just rented KIll Bill Volume 1 last night. DAMN IT SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BIG TIME!!!!!!!

DONT WASTE UR MONEY ON THIS CRAP!!!!!!!I TURNED IT OFF AFTER 30 MINUTES BECUASE IT WAS NOTHING BUT FLYING HEADS, ARMS, LEGS, FINGERS....... BLOOD GUSHING IN ARCHES LIKE WATER FROM A FOUNTAIN

IT WAS TOO FAKE TO BE SCARY

*gasp*

BLASPHEMER!!! *smacks sshabella*

SNAP OUT OF IT!!! HOW CAN YOU NOT ENJOY FLYING DISMEMBERED LIMBS? im so disappointed in you.

am i the only one who wants to see that movie mean girls? and that mary kate and ashley movie? im so ashamed, ill wait til its on video though, to save face.

Senora   

Kill Bill kinda reminds me of the political attitudes in the U.S ( for Bush of course)......you either Hate it, or Love it!!

I loved it. I never knew anything about Quentin Tarantino, and i had just come from watching intolerable cruelty when i saw a bunch of people going into the Kill Bill theatre....i got a little curious and followed. I dont know about that scary stuff your talking abt though Shabella :confused: ...i dont think that was the prupose of the movie?....

I saw Mean Girls, Kill Bill 2, and Man on fire last weekend.....

1)Mean Girls--> I think most of us that've gone to high school inthe U.S. can relate. I loved this movie only because just about everything i saw on this movie was a reflection of something i experienced in my high school.

2) Kill Bill 2--> loved this. Especially the eye socket part :D

3) Man on fire--> Denzel is a true actor. If your into that heroic stuff....this is a must-see!

I'm planning on seeing Van Helsing this weekend. I hope all this hype is worth it.

I can't wait to see Shrek 2....im all gitty inside smile.gif .....and Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban.....that Ron character is getting kinda cute ;)

Haniif..you naughty, naughty boy!