Sign in to follow this  
- Femme -

Things that annoy me about Somali Weddings

Modesty   

^^LoL Bisharo! Anyways, i myself enjoy somali weddings, I mean it's our culture to be late, to party till the sun comes up, to have men staring at you in the Hallway. I find it to be fun. I especially enjoy the injera amharic, and bariis, sanbus, iyo chicken. So, don't be party poopers guys, have fun!!

lol   

I just don't get it. If u guys don't like somali weddings don't attend them nooh.

Common folks, if everything fall into place how can we enjoy being Somali? That means we have lost our identity. Its part of being Somali to stand around the hallways, lounges etc. Stare at gurls, fill up plates, have women shaking their behinds on other women... men lined up standing along the walls of the hall, u name it.

I love it... I love it so much that I am going to another wedding this weekend. That is two in 3 weeks... MAN...I broke my record:D

If I remember correctly, the last wedding I went to was in August of 2002 (a friend of a friend's). But it doesn't sound like much has changed since. :D

Isn't it unusual that you hardly ever see anyone raving about how good a wedding they went to was? It's always complaints and criticisms.

Makes me wonder why anyone bothers.

I have successfully boycotted somali weddings..in fact all weddings for a while now and will continue to do so. Only problem how will i boycott my own? :confused:

Johnny B   

I´ve ONLY been to ONE Mali wedding and according to the regulars i made progress , cause i mannaged to get a chicks phone number.

Unless someone blows a party-life in the Somali weddings n ppl REALLY do intermingle n B themselves, The amount of swapped phone numbers will always be the measurement of how sucessful or boring a Somali wedding was . :D )

Sky   

Walahi can tell you some ppl have gone crazy. I always go to weddings for some free food (like everybody else!), but this one time like 2 years ago. There was a wedding in the mercury hotel, a cousin of mine was getting married. I was sitting there with family and friends at one round giant table in the centre of the room. I looked around and saw this giant delicious cake, waiters serving unlimited drinks and somewhere in the corner food. I felt my mouth watering, prepared mentally to double my bodyweight that night and assumed my position.

Well...things didnt go the way I liked it to see it. The food turned out to be seafood. Say what?!? Seafood? Have they been dropped as a baby or something? No you cannot come with seafood aka shitfood to Somali people. People asked what the hell was going on. Turns out that it was either xaaraam meat or seafood. Ok, good excuse. So I went to the buffet and this girl I know for ages advised me to take crab only. Ok, I took the crab. I told her: "It betta be good!" "Trust me!" She said. Huhhh!!! Only one bite made it possible to almost spit it out. You can understand I didnt finish it.

After the lucky couple and their immedeate family got their cakes, the rest of the room ran for a slice of cake like Somali Civil War all over again. The women coming my direction stampeding like elephants. Heck, to make a traumatic experience short, I got overrun and somehow I was the last in line and before I knew it. No cake for moi.

The girls as always looked beautiful though. Well, there were some hideous looking creatures but overall they looked fine. Funniest part was when the white girls that were serving us drinks were dancing with us, while the Somali girls were dancing with themselves. kix kix kix :D:D:D You shoulda seen their jealous faces! So much so that some way or another one Somali girl and a white girl managed to fight in the parking lot. kix kix kix but thats another story. LMAO right now remembering it.

^LOL. Funny. :D

Why do invited guests make fun of either the decor, complain about the food, or talk about the brides height, weight, dress she wore, skin colour, and choice of groom? Some had the nerve to talk loudly where others can hear them. I wanted to stand up and tell them to get the hell out----ungrateful losers...but it was not my place to do so. Will do in the future, inshallah. :cool:

Right after their lack of respect for time ( a couple of brides came late for their own weddings...go figure) the next thing that annoys me is the vidoe. No, not what your thinking. I mean when the vidoe man decides to record people swarmping in on the food. That is just disgusting. Why would anyone want to watch a bunch of people stuffing themselves? And in such a way?

Yes, yes, yes. Some of you are probably wondering that I'm describing myself...you know complaining after Ive been graciously invited. Well, I'm not. Im making general observation of all somali weddings I've went to. It's poorly organized and they don't stick to their promises. :(

Aux   

I am currently accepting applications for my fan club.

Walaalo is that an Ad for marriage prospects? I thought I link the topic at hand with your signature. smile.gif

Johnny B   

Originally posted by Aux:

quote: I am currently accepting applications for my fan club.

Walaalo is that an Ad for marriage prospects? I thought I link the topic at hand with your signature.
smile.gif

Huba Huba !!

You just put the razz in the razzmatazz!

Originally posted by Aux:

quote: I am currently accepting applications for my fan club.

Walaalo is that an Ad for marriage prospects? I thought I link the topic at hand with your signature.
smile.gifNo. Walaalo, do you have a reading problem? I thought there must be something wrong as you can't seem to understand what I'm getting at. ;)

Aux   

^Walaalo why don't you pull a chair next to me and enlighten me with your view on this. I'll behave of course. ;)

Khayr   

SALAMS,

Do somalis everrr come to a wedding and

PAY-Offer money to the Couple who have

had to pay $Thousands of dollars for the Wedding

(99% from the poor faraax's side)???

Stop criticizing weddings when you are

FREELOADINGGG AND 1/2 OF YOU ARE USUALLY

GUESTS that the Bride and Groom and their families

DON'T HAVE A CLUE ABOUT i.e. SSELF INVITED GUESTS! :rolleyes: redface.gif

Tahliil   

I don't know but sometimes i think we have too many things to choose from; cultures here and cultures overthere; Naturally then conflicts arise from these things; a camera man; a musician; women throwin away thier viels; all being on the opposite spectrum of things

But to assuage ur worries a little bit RAIN, I have recently attended an Armenian wedding, and it was so chaotic that I really thought I was at a football match full of drunk British hooligans; I left like twenty minutes into the thing...

Dacaayad milaa yacni.

Dadka qaarkood ereyga Soomaali wuxuu ku noqon rabaa sidii wax laga yaxyaxo, oo sidii sanboorka sanka u dhibo camal ayuu ereyga Soomaali u dhibi rabaa.

Arooska dad baa dhigtay. Dad baa la casuumay, hadaadan kamid ahayn ha tagin; hadaa tagtidna waxaaga cun, shukaanso, qarabi, jacburso, wax kale loo joogina oo kamid ah "qaato wasaq aan ku cunay" ama "hebel/heblaayaa noocaas foolxun qabtay..." ka jooji, siiba dacaayadahaan meel ee u socdaan iyo ka socdaan la ogeyn.