Suldaanka

Somaliland President is in Addis Abeba

gooni   

Wax macnaa soo kordhin mayso wada hadalka biixi aragtidayda.

Markuu soo noqdo yuu habrihii mashxaradi jiray hor is taagi sidii caadada u ahayd.

Oodweyne   

So the price that was "asked" of Mr Bihi by the Ethiopian's leadership was to have a "formal handshake" in Mr Abby Ahmed's office with Mr Cheeseman, and then shoot the breeze with him (no doubt rather contemptuously, as Mr Bihi doesn't think much of a coward like Mr Cheeseman, given that he is daily hiding behind other's men muscles), for 1 hour or so at the presence of Mr Ahmed. And in returned for that he was allowed by Ethiopia to lobby his case, bilaterally, to individual African's head-of-states in the AU's grand meeting. And remember we only need a few countries to break the "diplomatic dam" (as it were) and then whole game will change fundamentally.

Well, I would not have done that way, meaning I would have prefer to do what Mr Rayale used to do in this sort of situation, which was to "lobby", directly the African's states in their own countries rather than doing it so in their AU's get-together gab-fest. But, then, again, I am not a president of my country, so perhaps, a benefit of a doubt (not a large one, mind you) may be in-order in here, at least from me.

Lets see how Mr Bihi explains away this sort of "calculating risk" in which he took. And whether he has anything to show for it from the Ethiopia's side of things. Since it was them who "asked" him to do this just to give a "public relation win" to the likes of Mr Abby Ahmed, as a man of goodwill towards his turbulent region, and as a "peace-maker" (with Noble prize peace accord to proof it). In particularly, as he in turn heads towards what will be a crucial national election in Ethiopia in this year.

Hence, it's that "old game of do this for me, dear friend, and I will do this for you in return" sort of basic "diplomatic transaction" in action in terms of what we have in here. And nothing more of it will come out of it, really. 

• Like 1

Oodweyne   

^^^ Suldaanka

It was essentially Mr Cheeseman who begged and begged and pleaded with Mr Abby Ahmed to "arrange" such brief encounter between him and Mr Bihi. And since, Mr Abby Ahmed, actually owns (politically and militarily) the very existence of Villa Somalia's political agenda, and he did so the minute Mr Ahmed had helped them at SWS, and again did so with Gal-Mudug and now he is doing it with Gedo as well, then, it seems Mr Abby Ahmed had thought to "kill two birds with one stone" (as it were).

Which was, firstly, to arrange some meaningless talk between the two chaps in his own office. Since it's given that Mr Bihi will not be taking seriously anything in which the likes of that "cheap coward" by the name of Mr Cheeseman will say to him, which will be the case till there is a new government and a new president in Villa Somalia in post-2021, on one hand. And, secondly, Mr Ahmed, also thought that he can win some sort of "PR stunt" from the international media (like the New York Times of this world) as a "man of peace" for his troubled region of Horn-Of-Africa (HoA). And in particularly, were to arrange such "passing and fleeting meeting" between these two fellows.

Lets see what Mr Bihi did got out of that bargain?

And in here, at minimum, I think it should be that Mr Abby Ahmed in particularly and Ethiopia in general ought to be telling their "retained chap" in Villa Somalia by the name of Mr Cheeseman to cease and desist any further provocative diplomatic stunt job at Somaliland's expense, along the line of trying to use the De-Jure legality of Somalia as UN's recognized State at Somaliland's expense in the international forum. And this has been what these "N&N's desperate political gang" in Villa Somalia have been at it and they started doing it from the get-go of the first day they had arrived in office back in February of 2017. Although all their effort has been to no avail so far (i.e., zilch, nada, zero). Not that they didn't tried it and tried it again, and then even tried it a bit more in so mightily of a way, indeed. 

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 1

President Muse Biixi Abdi went to Addis Abeba as the President of Republic of Somaliland.

PM Abiye accorded the protocols of a President.

Cheeseman was very happy to have shaken hands with the "President of Somaliland'. 

To the International Diplomatic eyes and ears, the take is that Cheeseman has capitulated to soldier Muse Biixi Cabdi. :D

Cayayaanku ha iska hadlaan, laakin this is in the bag. :D 

1-22.jpg

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 1

Oodweyne   

Suldaanka,

Diplomacy, at heart of it, is the art of the verbal dexterity, coupled with the panache you have in creating a convincing (or beguiling) narrative case for your agenda. And in that sense, we can say that the most of the AU's states now know that the issue of Somaliland and Somalia has passed over that stages of two brotherly states talking to each other in-terms of the "term of their re-union". And therefore what that means is that those countries who always wanted to break with the "AU's consensus" about Somaliland's issue have now enough reason to buck the trend and go for it.

Moreover, this "AU's consensus" says that the legal partners (like South Sudan and Sudan, like Eritrea and Ethiopia) should be left to talk with each other in-order for them to reach a "final settlement". But there is another side of that argument which hold that if the parties can't agree on anything then the issue must be approach in spirit of genuine desire to do minimum harm to both parties. And therefore the issue must be faced squarely and openly. And in that sense it was Senegal which was pushing for the AU (around 2005 - till 2008) to formally adopt this Somaliland's issue, in the sense so that the issue should formally be debated within the AU. And if diplomatic and political consensus can't  be reached by the whole body then, unilaterally each African's state must do as it sees fit.

This was what in an upshot President Rayale was trying to do in the sense of convincing as many West and Southern African States as possible to recognize us, unilaterally and bilaterally, before Kulmiye party come to power in June of 2010, and said it that we should leave these African's nations well alone and we are going to get our legal Statehood's recognition through talking to some folks in Mogadishu.

Yeah, right, fat chance! 

Incidentally, in speaking about the diplomatic's leg-work of the former President Mr Rayale one must say that the history of Somaliland will long remember that very unprepossessing man, who was deadly when it comes to his understanding of how government was supposed to work as much as he was quite man. I really believe if he were to have won that election of June of 2010, and therefore he had gotten his second term under his belt, then that would of meant it that his quite and assiduous diplomacy of working systemically across many the African's States, individually and on a bilaterally, would have long ago have borne fruit for us in Somaliland.

Which means many African's states would have by now had recognized us as a legal State of our own right. Even if still the likes of the AU would have been arguing and debating endlessly in their yearly get-together gab-fest about our case and what to do about it. And that in turn would of have meant some big Western's powers would have followed suit soon after it as well, once those African's states were to break the "diplomatic log-jam" (as it were). 

Hence, not the first time and not the last time it seems that "quite man" knew what on earth he was doing. While all around him, especially the talkers and the shouters, were simply wafflers who in turn were out of their depth. Also on a personal note, I had worked with him on our foreign policy portfolio and as his adviser in this issue and in this area many times. He was the real deal, although the general impression in which you may come away with it from your first meetings could be deceiving. And in particularly when you first start talking to him about any issue in any deeper level. However, later you will realize that he really is as sharp as a nail. Not bookish sort of smart. But nevertheless a real smart person, who in turn easily gets to the heart of any subject that may be under the discussion. Subsequently, I was extremely unhappy when right after they come to power in 2010, Kulmiye's party changed his "bottom-up-approach-diplomacy" and decided to pursue a wild goose chase for some sort of a freaking "diplomatic partner" to talk to from Mogadishu (of all places).

Consequently, now it seems we are picking things up after wasting 10 years in wild chase of a ride, which in turn was a fruitless sort of search for a serious partner to talk to from freaking Mogadishu. And more to the point, we starting from where Mr Rayale Kahin left things off in June of 2010. And that apparently seems to be what this new emphasis of winning our case from as many African's states as possible is all about. Or at least doing it so, unilaterally and bilaterally, seems to be what Mr Biihi had, finally, cottoned on to it to do it.

Perhaps, some of our hot-headed Kulmiye's folks will be loath to say this, but it seems that in Somaliland's diplomacy:

"......Mujaahidkii yidhi kaadideyda ayaan u soo cabey oo Muuse Biihi ahaa ayaa ka baranaya kii ay isaga iyo Ina Kaahin ku yidhaahdeen waa faqash soo ambadey oo waxba garan maayo. Isna inta uu ku qosley ayuu ku yidhi car yaan la arkin idinka oo talada dalka la lumey maalinta aad reer kulmiyow xukunka dalka qabataan. Sidaa daraateed, doodiisa ayaa u dhow in run noqatey, mar haddii ay taladii dalka ee "citiraaf-raadinta" ahaa ay toban (10) sanno la lunsanaayeen reer Kulmiye. Oo ay dabadeedna maanta "wadadii diblomaasiyadda" ahayd ee uu jeexay Ina Rayale Kaahin iyo jidkiisii Afrika dhex-marayey ay ku soo dhaceen 10 sanno oo qardo-jeex ah markii ay soo jafayeen kadib. Oo yidhaahdeen hadda ayaanu koynaa!....."🤣 

The idea of Hargeisa and Mogadishu talking to each other was actually an old policy by the European Union. 

Although, on face value, President Siilaanyo's attempt to go that path can be categorised as fruitless, at best, and failure at worse. But, personally I think, there are some intangibles values that we have gotten out of it. I.e. no one can come to Somaliland today and say it to our face to talk to Mogadishu. We have a history to point to and lessons to draw from that will challenge anyone that comes to us with that kind of rubbish. 

So, I think President Muse Biihi will build on those lessons learned and play hard ball politics. Unless there is clear milestones and results, what is the point? 

I think that is where we are today. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Suldaanka said:

Although, on face value, President Siilaanyo's attempt to go that path can be categorised as fruitless, at best, and failure at worse.

Quite the contrary. Its those contacts that finally culminated in the agreement in Djibouti.

SFG not to obstruct or oppose any country or organization from directly working with Somaliland, if the activity is related to development.

Now it looks fruitless, since Farmaajo and Co. have torn it and doing the opposite of the agreement.

Nimanyahow rag baa wada hadli, spinning and speading lies will only lower your case.

the truth is SL  was as keen and wanting this meeting as Farmaajo, and so far the reports from the meeting is possive, and both sides getting close.

The issue will be resolved, with united ,strong SOMALI Republic.

Sl was extremely desperate for this as the Economy was bad shape

Dhaqaale   
5 hours ago, maakhiri1 said:

Putting aside all the chest beating, name calling and emotional tirade posted here from some of the Somaliland members. I think this is what it all comes down to, Somaliland needs a strong reform in their economy and a new clear vision as to what Somaliland region has to offer the world.

6 minutes ago, Dhaqaale said:

Putting aside all the chest beating, name calling and emotional tirade posted here from some of the Somaliland members. I think this is what it all comes down to, Somaliland needs a strong reform in their economy and a new clear vision as to what Somaliland region has to offer the world.

Majority of argument from secessionist is very lame and weak, name calling,  fabrications,  and completely delusional.  

The truth is Biihi had no plans of going to Addis, but once saw opportunity to meet Farmaajo,  went for it.

Oodweyne   
7 hours ago, maakhiri1 said:

The issue will be resolved, with united ,strong SOMALI Republic

Maakhir1,

Saaxiib, you call spade calling insults, however where I sits and when I look at you, all I see is a Ina-Gumeed of the coward sort, who get chased away from Ceerigaabo day before yesterday and and who to boot also get chased away from Garoowe only yesterday, so I can well understand that Mr Farmaajo is your last hope on earth. But I will tell you a united Somali republic emerging from Somaliland and Somalia is far off of a reality than the sight of seeing the likes of Gen. Afweyne running the show of the Somali Republic, in all over it once again from his old Villa Somalia.

In fact I can tell you that the sight of Gen. Afweyne alive (all over again) running the show of Somalia is much more of a believable prospect than the notion of Mogadishu ruling Hargeisa, ever again. 

That is simply the truth. You can take that as insults or what have you,. But that is simply a fact.

the truth is SL  was as keen and wanting this meeting as Farmaajo, and so far the reports from the meeting is possive, and both sides getting close.

In here you couldn't be more wrong even if you tried it. For the fact is (although you may not remember it) that it was indeed Mr Farmaajo who wanted to meet Mr Biihi. Even going as far as asking Mr Abby Ahmed to take him to Hargeisa, in which Mr Bihi declined. So, I don't know why you are selling this cheap argument to yourself. Unless that is your latest talking points in which they gave you from Villa Somalia to spread around in here of SOL.

1 hour ago, maakhiri1 said:

Majority of argument from secessionist is very lame and weak, name calling,  fabrications,  and completely delusional.

Again, in here you said that the Somaliland's argument are lame and fabrication and even delusional. Well a defeated man could always be rely on to say that those who bested him (and did so in a broad daylight) have no argument. But for what is worth, I am still curious as to the lame excuses or the silly arguments, or even the fabrication along the alleged delusion, in which you think we in Somaliland are doing it or indulging it.

Seriously, I am really interesting of that. Please point out to us. Show us, mate.

And do so by showing us in chapter, in the verse, and in the whole nine yard of where is our argument is lame, where it's fabrication, and where it's delusional.

Don't just come here and assert empty phrases without backing them up with detail argument. And if you can't do that, then don't expect that in the absence of that you will be taking serious by anybody at all. 

And in here as day follows a night, you said something is so wrong that you must be taking the piss really, given that your argument about our economy of Somaliland doing badly is a complete nonsense And more to the point it shows you how you have no freaking idea about Somaliland.

In other words, before Berberra project get going a two years ago, it could be argued that the economy is not doing as well as it could do. Which means it's going through the usual ups-and-down-cyclical phases of any economy. But now it's actually booming in comparison to what it was even a year or to ago. Hence, again, show us the real data in which you have based your silly assertion.

Moreover the fact that Somaliland educates (both and secondary level and at university level) far more numbers of its young folks than it could employ them at any given year for the size of its economy or the potential growth such economy can potentially look forward to, doesn't say anything concrete of how the aggregate and nominal growth of the country's economy is doing.

That is just the economical fact. And I know you are a bit of illiterate about this sort of thing. But, please, nigger, go read any Macro-economics book and then come back to me.

1 hour ago, maakhiri1 said:

The truth is Biihi had no plans of going to Addis, but once saw opportunity to meet Farmaajo,  went for it.

And finally, in here it shows how you have, as usual, have no clue. And I said that given that it was in fact Mr Bihi's FM, his foreign minister (i.e,., Mr Faratoon) who was there in advance of him a week or so, lobbying the other African's FMs. And the plan was for Mr Bihi to go and meet some of the heads-of-State there, at the side lines.

However what changed was that, Mr Abby Ahmed, had specifically asked of him to meet Mr Farmaajo (who is as you know no more than a "retained chap" for Mr Abby). And that was the price Mr Bihi needed to pay in-order for him to be allowed to diplomatically "lobby" the other African's heads-of-states in Addis-Ababa. 

Hence again, these silly talking point they gave you from Villa Somalia doesn't cut in here, I am afraid. 

How about another direction?

Farmaajo begged Ghelleh to help by getting together with Abiy in some big shindig in Addis.

Ghelleh smiled and asked one question:

What is the agenda and what is the expected agreement/objective?

Farmaajo went blank and that was the end of it.

Ghelleh being smart always knew that he can beg or pressure or armtwist both Farmaajo and Bixi or either one of them as the agenda requires, but there need to be a good prospect for some result or agreement. Otherwise Ghelleh knows it will be for pointless childish propaganda.

Confidentiality and secrecy is always mandatory. No face book postings with Ghelleh.

But I still think it was all of them to get the updated and modified to do list from America. Some get it directly others through UAE others from Abiy ..etc