Suldaanka

Somaliland Passport holders can now travel to Republic of China

Taiwan is a highly developed country which Somaliland can learn a thing or two from. Specially in its industrialisation. 

Aside from Scholarships and access to Doctors from Taiwan, Somaliland is also interested in bringing Taiwanese manufacturers to open shop in Berbera Free Zone. So the plans are big. Hopefully it will all workout.

• Thanks 1

Oodweyne   
7 hours ago, maakhiri1 said:

Labo qaawan isma qaado, Taiwan is still part of China  

What a cheap argument. Taiwan is million miles of prosperity away to any legally recognized country in the whole of the freaking Africa.

In fact, they would easily qualify (from a highly developmental point of view) as member of a good standing status of the OECD highly developed countries, if it wasn't on the other hand, because of legal road-block put up by PRC.

And that shows how the "absence" (or lack of it) of legal recognition is not really an impediment to anyone else to develop themselves. Provided, that either you have "mountain-to-lean-on" (like Taiwan had it in the US) when she was getting through her first crucial three (3) decades of her economic development from early 1950 till late 1980s.

Or failing that you must then have some sort of natural extracting material and resources like Oil and other minerals and what have you, in-order for them to "cushion" you on (or to protect you on) from where the absence of the "legality of your Statehood" could be an impediment to your economical development. 

Hence, we in Somaliland, will be using Taiwan to develop ourselves economically, especially in the light manufacturing sector of our economy. They are very good at this, which is where they have started from them back in early 1950s. And, I hope we will be soon be inviting some of their big companies to do a heavy investment in our country, especially the "extraction sector" of our economy. Step by step, I say, should be how we take things from here on out.

Dhaqaale   
10 hours ago, Suldaanka said:

Taiwan is a highly developed country which Somaliland can learn a thing or two from. Specially in its industrialisation. 

Aside from Scholarships and access to Doctors from Taiwan, Somaliland is also interested in bringing Taiwanese manufacturers to open shop in Berbera Free Zone. So the plans are big. Hopefully it will all workout.

🤣 A rich country is not going to help you. They see you as inferior to them and not worthy of their time because you have not produced proof you can handle manufacturing jobs.

Oodweyne   

^^^^

Again, if I were you, mate, I would seriously consider to go and ask for a "refund" from whatever dinghy collage in the western's world you have allegedly learned your economics from it. And I am assuming, of course, you did that sort of course since you were waffling on endlessly at the other thread with names like Mr Thomas Sowell (a right-wing's economist of the libertarian's leaning sort from Hoover Institute out there in Stanford of California). 

And I say that since, if you know anything about such things that comes under the rubric of economics you would have known by now that Somaliland is a "virgin territory" (in investment wise).

It's teeming with healthy young population of prime employment age. Most of them, as it so happens, have secondary education. They, like most other Somalis, are bright, adaptable, and they are on easy street when it comes to the notion of learning of new things quickly.

Hence from "social ingredient aspects" of things, such people are what companies look for investment purposes.

Secondly, Somaliland is place where rule of law is paramount, so there is no government's confiscation of anyone assets. The place is very peaceful from Awdal to Sanaag regions 

Third, we are neighboring to large country, which is Ethiopia, in which Somaliland can be used as the "offshore center of manufacturing sector". With added bonus of having Berberra's free zone as the place to which to export and import things from on their way to Ethiopia's hinterland.

And such center can be made for the place to do the "light manufacturing plants" of the sort that will not need heavy labor force.

Incidentally this concept of "offshore manufacturing center" for the light foot-print factories (meaning factories that do not need heavy labor-force) was essentially what UK was to the rest of EU before she foolishly decided to leave EU through Brexit.

Fourth, we not asking them a hand-out. But merely a business opportunities for them to invest in our country. And more over Taiwan (especially under the current and newly re-elected DPP government) has a "policy of winning" places to invest for that country's industries. Especially in Africa.

And since Africa is essentially Chinese-centric continent in which the PRC's companies have already divided up between themselves, then that means that Taiwan is politically and economically "incentivized" to actually go out of its way to court the likes of Somaliland. Which is the reason they have initiated this contact from their end by sending doctors to us, so that matters can be taken from there afterwards.

All in all, as usual, you have no argument to make other than to waffle on with cheap tendentious trite. And, of course, I shall expect you to do your normal conduct of huffing and puffing on your way out of this discussion as well. Whilst at the same time throwing at side-ways of one or two trolling jibes.

Isn't that always the case with you, yea dear plonker? 😎

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 1

Apophis   

There are many hate filled folks who see this sort of news to their detriment even though it takes nothing away from anyone else. They live in the negative zone.

For me, I have always believed when Somaliland moves forward, Somalis everywhere move forward.

• Thanks 1

Dhaqaale   
10 hours ago, Apophis said:

There are many hate filled folks who see this sort of news to their detriment even though it takes nothing away from anyone else. They live in the negative zone.

I don't hate. That requires too much energy. But they in the north live off that negative energy. I have lived with them up there in bushland and seen their behaviour up close. You have not been to Somaliland and assume the people are your average Somali. This is not the case, they wear a mask but underneath is a rage for anything non isaaq.

Oodweyne   
10 hours ago, Dhaqaale said:

I don't hate. That requires too much energy. But they in the north live off that negative energy. I have lived with them up there in bushland and seen their behaviour up close. You have not been to Somaliland and assume the people are your average Somali. This is not the case, they wear a mask but underneath is a rage for anything non isaaq.

On the contrary yea wretchedly illiterate and solipsistic ninny. We don't rage at any body at all. For to rage is the telltale sign or the mark of someone who is essentially "impotent" before the might and the wherewithal of others. And whatever you may think of us, we most certainly not that.

After all, unlike the teeming Somali humanity in Somalia (or the south), who in turn are living through under the real political governorship of some sort of hired Bantu's mercenaries, we in Somaliland, on the other hand, are the very fine folks who write the songs and the plays of their own liberty, whilst on the other hand governing their country, without being dictated to by some "glorified UN's pen-pushers" as the case is in Somalia. 

Moreover, come to Somaliland in general, or to Hargeisa in particularly, and there you will see the whole freaking gamut of the Somali race in sight and living as well as making or earning their daily bread there without being harassed by anyone. And that will start, probably, with the sight of seeing your average looter (particularly the "donkey-legged-ones", to "Muufo-bellied-Unukaa-leh-Goofley-Abgaal", and then eventually to "Xaradhere's-Iljeex-with-appetite-for-the-quick-ill-gotten-cash") all making a living there, contentedly. For they are all there, to the last one of them.

You will also see an usual high-number of the teeming "Gudhuu-boys-from-the-beggars-corner" of Somalia. As well as few of the "cowardly-disposition-sort-of-folks-from-Dh-abayaco's-pirate's-corner". Moreover, you also will come across few of the "not-too-bright-long-footed-chaps" from Og-aden's region, who are to be found there as well. Furthermore, you may even see unusually or two "Ilka-Yar-Mareexaan", who seems to invariably have the tendency to "look-at-the-floor-and-at-their-feet-just-to-avoid-other's-gaze", at least when they are found inside Somaliland. In fact I have run into one of these sort of guys, last year in the summer, who has a nice upmarket decent cafeteria there, and he kept on looking his feet. As if I was going to give to him all manner of endless grieve because of his clan, whilst the truth was, I was merely there to get my morning coffee from his nice-looking coffee joint.

And lastly, even the Gibil-cad from Shengaani, Bilaajo-Carab, and the rest of their varied hoods in Southern Somalia are there in Somaliland in numbers, living and being contended to be there in the deep of Somaliland's regions. In fact, I saw a tailor (i.e., dawaarle) making a good money in a fist over hand sort of way in the middle of Burco. And he told me that he is from Barava and now for the last 10 years or so he lived there in the city of Burco. And even, lamentably, he married a girl from Burco, who was a "member" of my direct lineage (i.e, HY).

The nerve of the man was unbelievable. I felt like beating him up. But then I said why bother, he is a good man providing for his family. He may be married to one of your cousins (because she wanted him). And just because he is "Gibil-Cad" from god knows where in the lineage sense of the social stock of the Somalis he is from, should not be a real "hanging crime" for him to get beat up by you in the middle of Burco (as it were).

But the larger point is that we have no objection to Somalis living with us. Where we object, and will always do so, to our last dying breath, is who should have right, the privileges, the legal authority, to run and to govern Somaliland.

And in that sense no one who is outside of this specific six (6) regions of Somaliland Republic, namely, of Awdal, Maroodi-Jeex, Togdheer, Saahil, Sool, and lastly, Sanaag, would never have that right to govern Somaliland, again, till the end of times, regardless of whether the self-serving and the alleged international community (IC) grants us our legal Recognition of Somaliland Statehood, in which we deserve, or not. For it makes no blind bit of difference to us, really.

And such "political governance" of Somaliland Republic will be "centered-on" and will be "based-on" in Hargeisa, alone, till the end of times, come what may, or come hell or high-water. This is our political bottom-line. But we don't hate no one and never will. And most certainly of all we don't rage against anyone. 

On 2/9/2020 at 6:17 AM, Suldaanka said:

The biggest lesson for Somaliland from Taiwan starts in basic, fundamental strategy.

That is in the general scheme of life recognition may not mean much. Taiwan has live in its 3rd generation now as a province of China on paper and formalities, but as little other China in reality.

Even super power China could not do a thing abut it.

Dhaqaale   
11 hours ago, Old_Observer said:

Even though Taiwan shares the same etymology with PRC China (They are both ethnic Chinese) Taiwan is not seeking a seat on the U.N as an independent Chinese country. If they wish they could join the U.N as Taiwanese people. I don't think China cares as long as they don't represent China.

21 hours ago, Old_Observer said:

The biggest lesson for Somaliland from Taiwan starts in basic, fundamental strategy.

That is in the general scheme of life recognition may not mean much. Taiwan has live in its 3rd generation now as a province of China on paper and formalities, but as little other China in reality.

Somalia is no China. The moment Somaliland becomes self-suffient and other countries find it indespensible in terms of economy and security, that is when the pendulum swings to Somaliland's favoure. Already that is being felt as of now. 

A lot of countries are questioning why they are holding Somaliland back? What is the alternative to Somaliland? 

Even Somalis from Somalia are questioning. 

Here is Adam Aw Hirsi, former Minister of Jubaland, saying that Somalia is not ready for Somaliland. There is no reason why Somaliland will need to change course. 

India now accepts Somaliland's Passport. 

Jilaaga rer Burco oo dawladda India visa dal ku galka ugu dhufatay passportka Somaliland. 

100060966_131925041834883_59571306561431