Sign in to follow this  
lulla

Does a person's external appearance affect how society treats him/her?

lulla   

asalam calakyum everyone..how is everyone doing?

Iam observer and i be noticing things..and i have noticed that some people get better treatment just base on external appearance..especially some somali people do this.so what do u guys think of that?

For example..i have this very good friend of my and i do not like the way some people be treating her sometimes...and my friend is good person..so iam wondering maybe it is because the way she look..it is like people judging her by her looks and decided that she should be treated certain way..i don't know

Kool_Kat   

Lulla, most definately...

Before anyone can get to know a person's inner beauty, most of them judge you by the way you look, by the way you carry yourself, and by the way you present yourself to them...

So I believe one's external appearance is may be as important as their inner beaury, in today's society...

Lulla sorry to b the bearer of bad news....

But I would have to agree with your observation...

It's sad but true but people.... especially women are affect by this behaviour....I think it's a sub-conscience thought that's sometimes even gets the best of us.........

It has nothing to do with society...but genetics...we're just programmed to be attracted and more caring towards the beautiful......

and repulsed by the ugly......

I don't think ur friend has anything to worry about thou..... beauty comes in many shape, colours and creeds...........

peace out...... ;)

Let us accept truth, even when it surprises us and alters our views.

George Sand

Miriam1   

Lulla i will have to agree with the others most definatly they do judge u on how u dress, thats why our dresscode as muslims has to an important fact in our lifes.

YES

We as a society mainly relay on personal images and how we present ourselves to others. But espically in Somali community i think it's more felt and harder for people of different nature to just disappear in the masses as it is within other communities. I think from my experiences, people are always looking for a way to judge or lable others, if not by tribalism shit then how u dress or behave? Being nice or anything has nothing to do with the real person because all we(majority) care about is what the illusion u provide of urself to others!!! But i say u got one life to live and u should be damned if u let some people try to tell u how and how u shouldn't do it. So to ur friend, if she is happy with herself and comfortable then it's all good. And consider those judgemental people a insects on the wall of life, to be ignored for most parts, no u wouldn't want them around ya rite!!!

that's my 1 1/2 cents on this topic.

Observer   

lulla i am the orginal observer ;) Anyways, Its not merely somali people do that whereas, the entire people judge each other. The way one dresses and looks (impression) have a great influence in every society. Mankind is becoming to materialistic.