Suldaanka

PM Hassan Ali Khaire suspends WB Development Project for PL, JL, SW capital inc. Mogadishu

It looks Planning Minister was trying to sneak this project under PM's radar, but it fails spectacularly. 

Missing from the list are Jowhar and Dhuusomareeb/Cadaado. Also, Mogadishu got the same funds as village sized Garowe. 

What was rationale behind this? 

galbeedi   

I just want to see what this $28 million dollars for these towns after few years. That kind of money could transform a whole city in terms of roads, bridges, parks, street lights and even thousands of public housing. 

Yet, it will all end up in Dubai banks , Nairobi and Booli Qaran.

Never in history of Somalia that much money is given to a province let  alone a city.. That is why leaders do not want to disrupt the money follow and rule as overseers instead of elected leaders who must rely on their people and nation.

Somalia waa mashruuc ayaa la yidhi. 

galbeedi   

More than half of that money will be pocketed by the donors themselves in Nairobi.

You can not imagine how many hundreds of millions were looted from 2012 to 2017. A friend who works with USAID told me that when the London conference was held a half billion was raised, plus the millennium fund and other drought related funds.

Since Mogadishu was unstable,  NGO directors and donors were unable to travel there and most of the capacity building money were spent in Somaliland and Puntland. He told me that most of the money were divided between the NGO directors and Somaliland ministers. Hargeisa water development alone was spent around $160 million with zero water to the public. There are ministers with $20 million dollars in their banks in Dubai. Because of the millions of dollars leaving Somaliland inflation went to the roof.

Today, this Mogadishu town is where billions are looted . This artificial money creates inflation and higher prices for commodities for most of the population. Every president is trapped by these billions thinking the country is being rescued and capacity being enhanced by donors. It all creates false image of the reality. From the ministers to the members of parliament , everyone knows their groceries are paid by others not the nation they serve. How can you say no to the person writing your check. 

As they say, there is no free lunch in the real world.

galbeedi   

It is wrong to stop the money after the fact. Too bad minister Bayle was overuled by the clan. When 200 million from Qatar was allocated to Banadir and two Shabbelle roads , no one complained, yet if money from donors are given to others regions why cry?. 

Besides, Hir-Shabbelle and Galmudug do not even have a functioning administration to manage these dollars. These two regions should have joined the project after a year or so when they establish a system. Every time a dollar is given to others our freinds in Mogadishu complain.

@galbeedi

Besides the backtracking of an already signed agreement, what is the wider implications on this? 

How can they ask the IC to funnel all Aid/Development through N&N? It leaves very bad taste at the back of everyone's tongue. 

He should have rather stuck with it, at least that could have earned him a lot of respects from some quarters but now, dhan walba kaa ka dhintay. If you know what I mean. 

On another note, this reminds me of the old Lion vs rest of animal kingdom story, where the Lion takes everything at the end,  ma badh mise badh-kale, badh libaax ayaa leh, badhka soo hadhay ma in mise inta kale, in Libaax ayaa leh, jabka soo hadhay ma jab mise jabka kale jab Libaax ayaa leh. :D 

Imika Mogadishu wixii la siiyo Mogadishu ayaa leh, wixii goboladda kale la siiyo badh-ayay ku leeday. 

galbeedi   
12 hours ago, Oodweyne said:

in other words, he is essentially a man who doesn't have any "political cards" to play with it in the eternal high-table of the "power-play-politics" of Somalia

OOdweyne,

The man has all the cards if he wanted to play the game in a very  smart and screwed way. N&N without Dr. Bayle is is just a paper tiger. THe most positive and successful program of the government by far is  the financial management, budgeting and anti corruption reports which is widely welcomed by the international community and major institutions like IMF and World Bank. It is the only shining ministry within the government.

Have you seen the so called defence minister or you even know his name? or the interior minister who is working full time to resolve one single file--Galmudug- for the last two years? 

Today Dr. Bayle is the most trusted man within the government. If I were him I would have threaten to resign unless this " Buuryo Qab" kid Khayre acts like mature adult and stop interfering with the financial management of the ministry.

I can assure you that if he resigns today N&N will be toasted. Khayre is punishing Dr. Bayle because he is close to Farmaajo. 

This project was in the pipeline for over a year. In Somaliland it is implemented by  a program called JPLG (Joint Program for Local Government). How can you start this program in Galmudug while there was a turmoil in the leadership since Xaaf was targeted by the federal government and there is no replacement. Hir-Shabeeke doesn't have a financial management or even stable leadership. He could have told the winning hyenas in Mogadishu about  the millions spent in Mogadishu since 2011.

As I said before , it is all about confidence and being proud Somali. If I ever go to that place , I will not be anyone's guests. I will kick butts. One more thing , Sr OOdweyne, those of us who want to join the national government want something much bigger  than our local Somaliland government. We want to rule the horn of Africa and leave big marks in history. No one can stop if Dr. Bayle want to run for higher office.

Who knows , some day that zeal might diminish, or the hope may fade in old age, but at the moment we are still craving of getting back the paradise we lost. 

Last week for almost seven days we had a day time temperature between --27C to --35C. Now, those beeches back home would be only accessible with law, order and responsible government.

Duufaan   

The program will not be delayed who ever benefits. Khayre is just trying to win some time before the Galmudug election and Bayle very much understands it. The tribal thing that the old man is talking about is  not relevant in moqdisho. Saylici is more  a AWR-KIRAALE than Bayle if you ask Awdil people.