Sign in to follow this  
Jaabir

Mankato nomads...how was the riots??

Jaabir   

i was planning to go to Mankato to visit some freinds on Sat night, the night of the riot, but i slacked off :mad: turned out i missed lots of fun :D:D i love riots and that kind of crazy shit.. too bad i missed this one..

Any eye witnesses?? :D:D

MANKATO, Minn. (AP) - About 40 people were arrested in a late-night melee following a homecoming game at Minnesota State,

Mankato.

Mankato Public Safety Director Jim Franklin told WCCO radio of Minneapolis that at the height of the disturbance, which occurred across the street from campus in a residential area heavily populated by students, 2,000-3,000 people massed together. Many of them set fire to trash bins, tore down fences, overturned cars and threw rocks and bricks at police.

Franklin said four officers were injured by projectiles thrown by students.

It's unclear how many students were injured.

Franklin said the area was so hostile that it took an armored vehicle attended by 12 officers to pick up a student who reportedly wasn't breathing.

He blamed alcohol for the problems.

Franklin said problems were started by about 500 students at 11:30 Saturday night. As word spread, the crowd grew, and the crowd of students damaged vehicles and shut down a street. He said police also received reports of students being assaulted by fellow students, but the department is still trying to get a handle on how many.

The roughly 160 police officers from about 40 departments that responded were able to disperse the crowd by about 4:30 Sunday

morning, Franklin said.

Mankato lost their homecoming game 20-9 to North Dakota State. Mankato is now 0-6 for the season.

Bob Idding, who lives nearby, said he couldn't believe what was happening.

"It was the scariest feeling in the world," Idding said. "I shouldn't have been there, I know that. My wife and I were telling each other, 'This isn't Mankato, Minnesota. We have police in riot gear in the streets."'

The University of Minnesota's Minneapolis campus was the scene of similar violence for the past two years following the school's

back-to-back NCAA hockey championships.

Changed   

holy shit that was scary even though i slept through some of it ( am a heavy sleeper), ayanick and imperial-lady will agree with me that it was wild as hell they called the state patrol and the helocopter was flying around , beer bottle were being thrown at house they had the roads closed and they were running around naked in the streets after the cops arrive fences were broken and that is when all hell got loose i mean we had fire :eek: anywho it was the coolest night ever smile.gif

go mavericks :D

aynick i cant beleive u cooked for them and u didnt even get me up for the record i was up when yonus and imperial were coming to ur spot to it ...yeah yeah deal with the guilt

Xafsa   

the whole thing was childish....they never used to win any homecoming games anyway.....They were trying to follow after the U.

Rokko   

Dang..you Mankato copy catz..LOL. I was hoping that I would see some nomadz when they show ppl on TV...but guess no nomad was near..so for those of you who were there, were part in any of this or??..

Changed   

xafsa adiga bax its not like u watch footbal so dont say we used to loose ... icon_razz.gificon_razz.gif adiga mnplz a fanka ku dafsiseey

moob deep...we the nomads are fulay yaal so we hid in our section 8 appartements and watched from the windows, one guy had his car turned upside down and set on fire and he was watching it now that is scary walaahi(he was not a nomad)....

****** freshmen

raula   

Exactly Flying still..why are you copying the U-hockey riots..atleast we won something-dang! 2 back-to-back NCAA hockey tournament...wassuuuuuuuuuuuuup!..nah! Iam not supporting the riots..its really scary if you were here when the bigots were destroying the campus street lights,littering the neighborhoods and causing chaos all over.

Hey, but I hope we have some kinda celebrations :D (clean-fun)..on our homecoming game..against the badgers(minor cheeseheads :D )anywayz..this year watch out for the Gophers :D:D

Mobb deep..u gon be there or what ;)

Rokko   

Raula, take the what part out..cuz..fosho ama be there na'mean..mia gotta represent the Gopherz...Hate'em cheeeseheadz..wether it's basters..oopz meant badgers LOL or..Packers..na'mean LOL>..

So, see ya around....

raula   

aight..man..me gotz ma ticketz already..it will be a brawl..I think they will be packin' back to madison... :D;)

ayaanick   

Why is everyone picking on me? Oky so I was there, and yes it was by far the most funniest/scary(just little), thing that happened in Mankato. Unique...I do not have any guilt what so ever, cause there was no way I was going to wake you up, so you could kill me....aaaaah!!!

Just for the record, Mankato has won the last three homecoomming games, therefor we have the right to be mad(:

Section6er: Didn't I tell you to come???, and you said naah, maybe next weekend, well deal with it!!!

We drove through the riot, and got hit by beer bottles, now that was(I will leave it to your imiginations!!))

ayaan