Sign in to follow this  
Blessed

Is a woman only worth her children? BBC debate!

First of all: Ameenah, great topic.

Originally by 508:
however I only blame women, cause Somali men don’t beat up women, it is a shameful act in Somalia if you beat up a female, so if the man is not performing his duties, she can walk away and don’t look back, instead they choose to complain and make fuss out it.

Somali men don't beat up women? What planet are you from? Now, I dont know where you live, but I've seen and heard of plenty of cases where Somali men beat up women. Again, it's the classic "pick-and-choose what you want of Islam" case. A lot of people (both male and female) are not willing to behave according to ALL parts of Islam.

It's a sad fact that Somali men DO beat up women. But hey, so do a lot of men of other races. And I'm pretty sure some women beat men (yes, yes, it's a fact). Why, every time we question our people, everyone pretends we are Angels and held to a higher standard? Being Somali does not stop you from making mistakes!!!.

Getting back to the original question, NO I do not think that a women is worth only her womb. As someone said in a previous reply (I forget who) in Islam, the bearer should be saved before the baby. What does that say? Why judge a woman according to whether she can give birth? We might as well judge men based on their "sperm-powers." If they're "shooting blanks", are they then worthless? People seem to forget that it takes two to make a baby. I'm pretty sure males wouldn't like it if they were considered useless if they couldn't get women pregnant, right?

Mdeical-ethics is a taboo subject ,n often it is about female,even MOLLY was female ( dnt know why ). ofcourse there is MORE into a Woman than a mere womb ,n i think the DOC in Q did right in removin that dead fetus if he´d to save her *** .( she can ALWAYS adopt a baby) :cool: .

Q: what is a woman´s life like without beein able to have kids ?

A: just as good , sometimes even BETTER.

Q: are there ppl who can have kids but choose nat to?

A: lots i KNOW of choose a kidless ( accordin to them quite) life.

Q: had the woman in Q a choice to keep that womb?

A: NO.