Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Dubai Metro

Excellent!

Waiting for the day Somalia gets it too iA! (Though I am pretty sure Al-Shabab would deem it 'the vehicle of kufrs' 'the ride of Satan'. "Men and women in the same carriage? Paint it red and put beds in there as well, it's a call for fornication!")

Som@li   

waw,so it is ready now, but why opt for this conventional lines, I was expecting more of bullet train.

Watch out, with all the desert heat,and expansion, it could be risky.

N.O.R.F   

^counting down mate

As soon as things cool down I will be hopping on and off it

Dabshid, it's a elevated metro saxib not an intercity train system

Ms DD   

Where does it go? Will it go to Sharjah and Ujman? I hope there is a stop near souq dahab.

I imagine most users would be the construction indian workers...

N.O.R.F   

^Labourers don't live in Dubai. Sharjah and Ajman waa tuuloyin. You would be lucky to see tarmac and traffic lights in those places :D

It looks very modern, better than the Metro system we have here in Dc which were build in the early 70's. Someone mentioned bullet trains, but aren't they for long distance travels as apposed to short distances? Or it could be used for both? No fare evading now Norf, we wouldn't want to read about you here. smile.gif

Poker   

Originally posted by Nin-Yaaban:

It looks very modern, better than the Metro system we have here in Dc which were build in the early 70's. Someone mentioned bullet trains, but aren't they for long distance travels as apposed to short distances? Or it could be used for both? No fare evading now Norf, we wouldn't want to read about you here.
smile.gif

Been to NY, Philly or Chicago? The DC metro system would look pretty good compare to these guys. :D

Norf,

Do they really need a train in Dubai or they just have to have one in place to feel modern?

Amadeus   

Originally posted by Nin-Yaaban:

It looks very modern, better than the Metro system we have here in Dc which were build in the early 70's. Someone mentioned bullet trains, but aren't they for long distance travels as apposed to short distances? Or it could be used for both? No fare evading now Norf, we wouldn't want to read about you here.
smile.gif

I think the tragedy that happened a few months ago in DC made their trains lose credibility for quite some time

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by Poker:

Norf,

Do they really need a train in Dubai or they just have to have one in place to feel modern?

Badly needed saxib. When every family has 2 cars and more you get big problems on the roads. There is nothing like Dubai traffic and you don't want to experience it on a hot day!!!