Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Reflection: Witness To A Crime, The History of Somali Cultural Violence

peasant   

JB i dont think you understood the epic proportion and the scale of these wars which perhaps is suffice to say you are comparing nano to a kilo. We dont write our history like the english but at the same time it never fails to reach subsequent generations either. The fact that you know about Wiil Waal and Araweelo which predate the introduction of islam to somalia attests my claim and we are not in a point to argue which is effective oral versus written. You see JB there isn't a place in the world were people get even by kissing each other but rather the obvious is true and that is people do tear each other be it good or bad. the point i am trying to make here is we are not more violent or lesser violent than any other nation and there is no evidence to back your claim. The pattern observed in somalia is typical of a young developing nation and as time goes on our situation will improve..

Improve ???

Allah ha ka dhigo but i don't think it will improve sxb. A whole generation was raised in a war and it is difficult to bring them back to the normal life.

Now i still believe we're more violent thant the others. Don't tell me we're not coz you can't find the Somali wars in Wikipedia.